Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:45 am 
Manatee

Hi Richard,

you cannot damage yourself with vinegar. It tastes sour, but it doesn't work lik an accid in your body. I used only two big spoons of vinegar in a normal glass filled with warm water. 2 or 3 times a day should be enough.

Norbert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Ahoy, thanks. I had a spoonful of it earlier, without water. It tasted fine, I like vinegar. It did feel strange in my GUTS though, so I think diluting it as you suggested is a good idea, so I will negotiate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:00 pm 
Stegosaurus

What is the difference between pimples and "spots"?

And also, so you guys are all saying that apple vingegar is good for DRY skin AND you can drink it AND put it directly on the problem skin and it is really good for you?

Wouldnt it make your body ph more acidic though - which is a bad thing (maybe Daywalker being a physician can answer this one)?

And also, I heard rinsing your hair with apple vinegar also makes it nice. Is this true too?

thanks!!

Post subject: vinegar and acid
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:30 am 
Manatee

Vinegar is sour and acid, but there is no influence on your PH, because what is sour outside your body doesn't have to remain sour IN your body. Like lemons. There is no danger to eat lot's of lemons or sour apples, because they are neutralized in your body. On the other hand if you would cook an apple (or fruit and vegetable in general) it would be sour IN your body!!! That's why I went completely raw for some time.
The effects of apple vinegar are amazing. You can use it for your hair to keep your color or instead of fabric softener for your clothes. It keeps the colors beter (especially if you buy new clothes) and makes your clothes smooth. Just add a little bit to your waching machine. You can also use it for anti-chalk in your coffemachine or kettle.
I am whitening my teeth sometimes with apple vinegar (or fresh lemon juice). It removes ugly stains immediately.
I am afraid that I only can advise some Dutch and German books about apple vingear. But check the internet and you will find lots of info about it.

Norbert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:14 am 
Site Admin

It should really be called ABSOLUTE POWER VINEGAR when you think about it. I had a few spoonfuls in a glass of water yesterday, it tasted fine to me num num num. I will continue in this elaborate ploy to out-wit the spots. I don't know what the difference is between a spot and a pimple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:56 am 
Site Admin

For those of you who wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, shaking with anxiety over my skin condish (condition), I am happy to report that I definitely haven't got any worse. I have been shirtless when it's warm enough to be, and I am showering more often, and I have been drinking freaking vinegar. I think the spots are fading, but it could be my hopeful imagulation (imagination).

Daywalker wrote:
- Brewer's yeast is supposed to help, too. But be aware that initially the spots get worse (as tthey're coming out of your skin) before they vanish.

What is brewer's yeast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:11 pm 
Manatee

Sounds good so far. Keep on using vinegar. I will search an old picture of myself and send it by e-mail to you. i cannot believe myself that I have had so many spots...

yeast... for me it didn't work well. It made my spots worse. You can buy special yeast pills. Try it.

And... make a before and after pic. Always cool to see progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Get someone to take a picture of my spotty-ass back, nice. I might do though, to be sure of what's going on, it is a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:45 am 
Elephant

Sunshine is really good for getting rid of spots, if only temporarily.

Post subject: sunshine and spots
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:04 am 
Manatee

Hi Tarz,

I cannot agree. It got worse in my case. I have had a very greasy skin and sunshine only stimulated my skin to produce even more grease.
What helped for other people is completely raw food. It has also helped people with seroius skin problmes (neurodermite). Check this link

http://www.nie-mehr-neurodermitis.de/bilder.htm

It's German, but the pics tell enough.

I keep convinced that with healthy and pure food you reach more than anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:09 am 
Elephant

Sorry to hear that Nobbi, the sun always used to dry-out my spots when I had them.

I find sweat in the sun helps - the salt helps 'cleanse' the skin. It used to work good for me when I used to go running in blazing heat

I think pollution doesn't help - all those chemicals can't be good for the skin.

I agree Nobbi - what you eat is very important. After all the skin re-grows and replenishes itself from the nutrients we ( do or don't ) eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:45 am 
Manatee

Tarz,

thanks for throwing "salt" into the group. I don't know if sweat can do something against spots, but saltwater (or better The Dead Sea) is known as a perfect medicine. Lots of people with serious skin problems travel to The Dead Sea and come back with wonderfull results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:28 am 
Site Admin

SALT AND VINEGAR IT IS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:44 am 
Elephant

Better apply that bag of Walker's on your skin then Rich :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

As I type this, I am in a sleeping-bag full of salt and vinegar, and I am eating salt and vinegar crisps, and I have also put sand in the sleeping bag to exfoliationalize me. I am very uncomfortable but it will ultimately possibly be worth it. The vinegar eye-drops were not very nice either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next