Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:21 am 
Elephant

Thanks Daywalker. Would you happen to know if he does regular squats, sissy squats or squats with barbell and if so how much poundage ? (Is there anywhere on the board that lists this information ?) I looked for this on the VF board, but am completely clueless with all the abbreviations and #s. :oops:

Also what kind of exercises and poundage do you use for your back Daywalker ?
C'mon guys, have pity and give me a hint about your routines.....

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:08 am 
Elephant

Hi Crash,

cool pic on your avatar!

I don't know what Jonathans workout is like, you'll have to wait until he's back ;)

For back, i do mainly pull-ups, barbell row and deadlift. Sometimes i add pullovers, dumbell row or a machine, depending on the programm.
For further info on my training check this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=487

Cheers,
Daywalker :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:48 am 
Elephant

Thanks for the link Daywalker ! :D (BTW I think your avatar is cool too (I love the symmetry of your back muscles :) :oops: ).)

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:05 am 
Elephant

thankyou for the compliment crash! i think my legs have a long way to go though - they lack size :(

i just squat. its the best exercise for legs IMO. i really dont do any other leg exercises except for occasionally doing calf raises.

i do low reps too - nothing over 5reps for working sets. im not too convinced that high reps work as well for combining mass and definition. as regards weights, i rep at 80-115kg for 3-6reps. im not very strong yet, but im hoping it will improve with my form.

when i first started squatting (just before christmas) i put an inch on my thighs in the first 4weeks. i did have almost constant ache there though!

i really am rambling here, but i dont think that you need to include anything else for thighs than squats (i just dont really like front squats, though they are an excellent exercise). i have heard that leg extentions can cause knee injuries if over used (due to your quads working at full intensity without any load on the knee) and leg press, whilst good for power, remove the issue of balance, so squatting is still better!

i have a love/hate relation with squats - when they go well i love em, but when i cant nail the form i hate them!

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:31 am 
Elephant

Thanks for the information jonathan ! :D Per your pictures, you look like you are in proportion and have great definition. Symmetry is a great plus in body building, which you have. If you keep on increasing your weight poundage I'm certain the size will come along. Keep up the good work.

Sorry for the hijack xjasonedgex. :oops: Have you made any progress ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:49 am 
Site Admin

I am worried about squats from an injury point of view. The squat 'machine' which you stand / lay in looks like it would crush me. Doing squats with a barbell freaks me out as I worry about balance, and also worry about not being able to come back up if I have screwed it up. Plus the strain on the lower-back. Is there a more comfortable way to do thighs? Or do I just suck bad?