stealthily converting my boyfriend to vego! ;)

hehehe!

When I devised my three month detox plan at the end of last year I urged my caffeine guzzling, dairy chugging, meat gorging boyfriend to do it with me. He suffers from insomnia due to being jumped up on caffeine, bloat, poor skin, yo yo weight loss/gain (like me, he has psychological issues with food that leads to bingeing for a few months than frantically exercising/dieting), fatigue, etc etc not to mention the worst of all - ADDICTION TO MEAT!

Ever since we started going out he has staunchly maintained he will not go vego, no way, no how. Well, after I suggested he join me on the detox he just went no way that's too hardcore... a couple of weeks later he approached me and said after considerable thought he would do the first 15 days of the detox with me. Well I congratulated him and said that's fantastic, good on you! And then, without putting on too much pressure, managed to talk him around to the next 14 day section... one month, in the bag! At the moment he is focusing just on accomplishing that month and wants to go back to healthy meat based diet afterwards (is there any such thing??) But I'm hoping by then he'll be on the bandwagon for the following 8 weeks... because today he emailed me this:

On a really positive note - I am feeling really physically well. My skin looks clearer, my eyes are clear and I feel clean on the inside.

I am still getting cravings here and there but none that last for heaps of time so it is ok

Day Nine of him being a VEGAN without caffeine, sugar, preservatives, or any other nasties, preparing his own food at home (he eats out three meals a day normally!) which he never thought he could do in his life. I'm so proud... and hopeful that the health benefits he notices will lead to him being even more amenable to adopting a different style of life. I don't even care if he elects to eat fish/chicken a couple of times a week, I know he will be healthier and happier with a largely plant-based diet.

So maybe you could all throw him some kudos/personal success stories I can show him that might help inspire him further!

THANK YOU!

Yay Boyfriend! It's very hard to do a detox diet - especially as stringent as the one prepared by princessbee. Your success this far makes it hard for me to believe that you won't stay with the program the entire duration. Congrats. I hope you'll continue with a healthy, plant-based diet. Your body, skin and mind will certainly continue to flourish.

Good luck and congrats once again!