My mysterious bellybutton ailment

JW

recently discovered a wierd growth by my bellybutton.

looks kindof like a pimple but it seems to be some kind of growth

I scratched it by accident (that's how I discovered it) which caused some bleeding but it healed and left the thing intact.

what the heck????

wart?

mysterious growth?

I don't really want to go to the doctor for something like this

any ideas out there?

I have a huge belly button phobia .. stemming from heaven knows where, but even the title of this thread made me shiver !!

I don't think I've met anyone with a bellybutton phobia before

Perhaps (if you have an "innie" ) it's a fear of finding foreign matter in there. or fear of bellyshots?

hmmmm this could be a thread on it's own

I've been putting a medicated ointment on and it seems to be healing a bit and reducing in size. Hopefully it will disappear and I won't have to worry about some overzealous doctor wanting to cut it out.

ingrown hair?

i have a bellybutton phobia. i have had so many damn hernias that i am afraid to even go near my bellybutton. i still have a hernia there right now. i had a mesh screen put in my stomach muscles to help prevent future hernias.

JW is proud to announce that the strange bellybutton thingy has all but disappeared!!!

I am however, intrigued by all these bellybutton phobias.

I've never given my bellybutton a 2nd thought.

The mesh thing is a little disconcerting though.....

• 2 months later...
ingrown hair?

i have a bellybutton phobia. i have had so many damn hernias that i am afraid to even go near my bellybutton. i still have a hernia there right now. i had a mesh screen put in my stomach muscles to help prevent future hernias.

How did you get so many Hernias? reason?

My dad had a hernial operation around 5-6 years back. A friend of mines mom has one coming up.

They to a large extent it is also 'hereditary'

Are there things that one should and should not do to prevent hernias later in life?

• 3 weeks later...
ingrown hair?

How did you get so many Hernias? reason?

My dad had a hernial operation around 5-6 years back. A friend of mines mom has one coming up.

They to a large extent it is also 'hereditary'

Are there things that one should and should not do to prevent hernias later in life?

Preventing & avoiding Hernias? Exercises / Diets etc.. Lifestyle..

DOs & DO Nots