Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: nailz
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings. My toenails were sort of yellowy, but recently, a ridge developed in the new growth, and the growth since that ridge is now a more pink colour. You can see in the picture what I am talking about. The ridge is not the normal bit of white skin, that is still there and visible at the edge of the nail. The ridge is part of the nail, it is hard and immovable.

I wonder if it is to do with protein. A few weeks ago I started taking protein drinks again. Prior to this, I wasn't having much protein. Any other theories on what the hell is going on? It is the same on all of my toes, but most noticable on the big toes.

ALso, my mum is concerned about her finger-nails, she says they are thin and bendy. She wonders if it means she is ill, or lacking something in her diet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:44 pm 
Elephant

Dude. Honestly. You must be as completely bored as I am right now. Wish I could nail down the problem.... :lol: God that was "punny".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:48 am 
Rabbit

You might have a nail infection that is messing-up your nail growth. The colour could suggest some form of fungal growth, tea-tree would clear that up. Thin nails often mean mineral deficiency. get a decent multi vit/min & get your mum to take it. Also increase the amount of fresh green veggies she's eating. Also a table spoon of ground seeds (50% flax, 50% any combination of walnuts, hemp, brazil, hazelnut) could help too (you can sprinkle it over food after it's cooked, or in a shake or whatever).

Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

The new growth looks healthy, the old growth is the stuff which is yellowy and crap. The ridge worried me to start with because it was so defined and solid, but the growth since then has been a healthy pink colour, same as my finger nails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:43 pm 
Gorilla

sounds like u had a fungus infection, and perhaps since ur getting enough protein, ur body is growing a new healthy nail and growing the nasty one out and off. ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

That's what I am hoping man. I will take another photo in future, when the ridge is like half way along my nail, then the colour difference will be more clear for the non-believers.