Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Supplements
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:00 pm 
Rabbit

Not really sure if this is the right place for this post...but we'll see.

I am 21 years old, about 145 pounds and for the past few years I have been working out quite extensively, getting my skinny frame a little more toned and into a little more shape. In high school I was rail-thin, so much so that one teacher asked if I was anorexic. My question is - I want to start taking some supplements, but I'm very uneasy about the idea of creatine since, as I've heard, if I stop using it, much of the effects will wear off. The amount of the stuff I must ingest also sounds a little hard to get used to.

So I'm wondering what the best supplements a guy like me could take so that I could gain some noticable differences in my body and not lose them rapidly?

Sorry these pictures are atrocious and I have no excuses for either of them, hehe. I have a very self-conscious body image so these are the only pictures where I actually have a shirt off. And I'm still grossly skinny, but I wanted to give an idea of what I have to work with, hehe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:06 pm 
Elephant

Hello Houdini,

Nice pics mate! Nothing to be ashamed of there.

There really is no magic supliment for getting big, just eat until you can't eat any more and then keep on eating. :D If your protein is a little on the low side a protein powder once or twice per day will help.

If you have been working out for a while, you may enjoy the creatine boost. I like 20 grams per day for the first five days followed by 5 grams per day after. Although, I usually do 10 grams on workout days and 5 on non-workout days. I often don't take it all on non-workout days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:07 pm 
Rabbit

Do you take the powder or the pills? What is the most tasty way? Last time I tried creatine I gagged a bit. Maybe I mixed it with something that was gross. Thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:19 pm 
Rabbit

I bought Cell-Tech creatine along with my protein today, so we'll see how that goes :) Thanks for the help, any other advice would be great, too.