Need help for losing weight and toning up

Well I have been a Vegetarian for 3 years, but until a few weeks I have been vegan because I have done some reading and deep thought, milk and eggs are gross to me now...every time I feel the pull to eat pizza I think "look at all that puss...yuk!" LOL!...and have a vegan pizza...

I also want to lose some weight and be fit, I have always battled with weight and eating disorders and I'm sick of it. So I want to be healthy, ethical, and fit so I can stop with my unhealthy habits.

FYI Im 25 years old, I want to lose 20 to 25 pounds, and Im motivated to reach that goal. I'm 5.5, weight about 156 and have 31% fat (so my scale tells me), and I want to replace that fat with muscle. I don't want to be a body builder, but I do want to look lean.

I'm also looking for a right diet...I feel I eat too much carbs, even if they are whole, like brown rice and whole wheat bread. I excercise every day, at least a hour plus weights, but I suspect I fail when it comes to my diet...any examples of what should I eat to lose weight/fat????

A normal menu for me is:

Breakfast- 1 cup oatmeal with fruit, molasses, flax seeds, agave.

Snack- apple with PB, green tea

Lunch- burrito with salsa

Snack- Protein bar (after workout)

Dinner- tofu with veggies rice and beans.

I also have smoked 8-10 a day in the past, but now I am down to 1 or 2...which is a lot for me because I can workout better now...

Thanks,

I think you are on the right track with cutting down on smoking....

I would suggest trying to not do it at all...it is worse for you than eating carbs.

Other than that...your diet soesn't look that bad to me. Maybe eating 6 small meals per day would actually help you lose weight.

Or soing a cleanse and replenishing your body with probiotics so you can metabolize your food better. Also drinking tons of water. Perhaps eating more raw foods would be benficial as well.

I is hard for me to drink a lot of water, and believe me I tried. Starting today Ill measure my water and try to take your advise. Regarding the probiotics, Is that cultured soy yogurt????...if so, Is there any other way to get them in my food???

You could do cultured soy yogurt....You can also get a bottle of highly concentrated probiotics, pill or liquid. You have to be careful because often times there is dairy in there. I like the liquid kind because I feel it is more active. I found one that is nondairy...it tastes like blueberry smoothie or yogut or something. 1 spoonful a day and you are golden.

Water is very important....I can not highlight it enough really! The amount you need to drink depends on how much you weigh and waht your habits are. For every cup of coffee, alcoholic drink, sweet treat, soda etc you gotta add more water to your amount for the day.

Water is needed for your cells. At night your body replenishes with cerebro spinal fluid and with out enough water, you can not make enough fluid. Proper hydration is vital!

I use a water bottle that has measurements on the side and that way I can keep track of how much I am drinking and how much more I need to drink!

Good luck