TAURINE

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

flex24
Rabbit

TAURINE

#1 Postby flex24 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:54 pm

I HAVE RECENTLY READ IN AN M&F ARTICLE THAT THE AMINOACID TAURINE IS ONLY IN MEAT. WE CAN PRODUCE IT (IS NOT ESSENTIAL) BUT THEY THINK THAT IT WOULD BE A WISE DECISION TO SUPLEMMENT
TO RISK GROUPS: VEGANS AND VEGETARIANS, HARDCORE ATHLETES AND SICK PEOPLE (I DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT DISEASE)

YOU CAN FIND IT IN MAY 2002 ISSUE (PAGE 42)

REMEMBER THAT ALSO IS IMPORTANT FOR CATS AND DOGS

michaelhobson
Elephant

#2 Postby michaelhobson » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:11 pm

Here is what the Vegan Health project had to say about it:

Taurine and Carnitine

Taurine and carnitine are non-essential amino acids found primarily in animal products. If you are eating enough protein, your body should make what you need. If you go an extended period of time without eating enough protein, or if you have a metabolic problem, you might benefit from a period of supplementation. In such cases, it is prudent to contact a health professional. There is no reason for most vegetarians or vegans to be concerned.

http://www.veganhealth.org/sh#taur

V VII Hero
Gorilla

#3 Postby V VII Hero » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:40 pm

I dont take in taurine, and I am gaining like crazy, I am also on a seomwhat low protein intake diet.

Daywalker
Elephant

#4 Postby Daywalker » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:43 pm

There are a few substances that are "only in meat". That's why vegan is so healthy ;)
Why the hell would i want to substitue all the crap that is in meant... i'm glad that i don't eat it anymore!
Cholesterol tablets anyone? :lol:
No one said it would be easy.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”