Soy/Whey Testosterone study

Zack

I've always said that there are traces of gross growth hormones in milk products from the injections in cows, just as many hormone-altering hormones as soy. I've always believed that your hormones will equally fluctuate with whey or soy because they both have traces of hormone altering hormones. You're doing better for yourself and your heart taking in soy protein.

The soy isoflavonoids in soybeans have to be EXTREMELY concentrated in order for a hormonal imbalance to occur. For example to show you just how much you would have to take in by means of soy for a woman to grow breasts is this:

Pueraria Mirifica: 1 gram a day for 3 months = 1 breast cup size growth

Red Clover: 100 grams a day (because Pueraria Mirifica is 100x stronger)

Soy Isoflavone: 3,000 grams a day (because Pueraria Mirifica is 3,000x stronger)

Pueraria Mirifica is the only natural herbal supplement that has been clinically show to increase levels of estrogen and breast size in women. Now since men naturally have higher levels of testosterone this would take even longer. You would have to take in 3,000 grams of soy isoflavonoids a day for about 2 months I'd say before you saw a big hormonal change or breast tissue growth in men.

on this website: http://www.soyfoods.com/nutrition/isoflavoneconcentration.html it shows you the isoflavone amount in common soy foods, as you can see tofu and soy milk only have 2 grams of soy isoflavone per serving. Eating a crazy 64 oz of tofu and a gallon of soymilk a day brings you at only 64 grams of soy isoflavonoids. You're still 2,936 grams of soy isoflavones short from getting enough to equal the same phytoestrogen count of 1 gram of pueraria mirifica.

Soy does not have enough phytoestrogens to alter a man's hormones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I read only the abstract but it looks like there were 20 total participants and four experimental conditions - so 5 participants per condition. Having that low a number makes the results useless. Generally, if a study has fewer than 30 per condition, the results are hard to interpret. Five per condition is ridiculous.

• 5 months later...

Forget about soy, where do I get some of this Pueraria Mirifica?? I'd like to start sneaking some into my wife's cheerios!

Yea, this whole thread made me lol. Especially the Hello Kitty = Gay Asians comment

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I felt that I had to make a remark about this since I'm myself concerned about the subject.

I have no specific complaints about the methods in the study, but I would like to draw attention to the following:

"Declarations

Acknowledgements

The authors gratefully acknowledge the support of The Solae Company, LLC."

Solae is a soy ingredients supplier.

The only reason why I looked it up was that I was puzzled by the part in the discussion where they raise suspicions about whey proteins: "This is the first study to report low-level isoflavone content in commercial whey proteins" I found this strange because it is concerned with "occurrence of isoflavones in the range of 1–30 ng/ml in bovine milk" which is indeed very very low. The unit ng/ml (mass/volume) corresponds to ng/g (mass/mass) which means 1/1,000,000,000, whereas isoflavones in soy products is typically measured in mg per 100g, that is 1/100,000. So the isoflavones milk that they are complaining about are at concentrations about ten thousand times weaker than those in soy products.(https://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/80400525/Data/isoflav/Isoflav_R2.pdf)

Some will claim that the ones found in milk are more potent than those in soy, but what I'm getting at is that to me, the discussion seems to have an agenda of defending soy. I found not trust this study with my health.