Slow-digesting protein for vegans?

GRardB

Long post made short, I eat cottage cheese before I go to bed, because that's what the meat-eating bodybuilders say is good. I know they say meat is good too, but I eat the cottage cheese because they say it keeps you from entering a catabolic state during your sleep since the protein digests slowly.

As I've stated before, I want to try to cut out as much dairy from my diet as I can. So my question is:

Is there any vegan food (not a supplement) that will digest slowly and that doesn't have tons of carbs that will turn into fat since I'm eating it right before I go to bed?

Or is catabolism during sleep not something to worry about? (I'm bulking)

Thanks,

Gerard

Those guys are morons...all protein digests slowly no matter what it is so eating that cottage cheese will only hurt you(its basically concentrated milk)...just eat some beans or whatever high protein VEGAN food you have available.

• 3 years later...
Those guys are morons...all protein digests slowly no matter what it is so eating that cottage cheese will only hurt you(its basically concentrated milk)...just eat some beans or whatever high protein VEGAN food you have available.

Whoa, negative! My friend who is not a moron at all recommended this and his body is on-point. My friend actually did it as well (as well as exercise and proper dieting) and lost tons of weight while packing on muscle.

....Or is catabolism during sleep not something to worry about? (I'm bulking)

I definitely wouldn't worry. There is no solid science behind this so far, and the difference in gains you would get would be very minimal.

Can I ask, are you interesting in moving towards veganism for health, ethical, or environmental reasons?

• 1 year later...