Day 1 of 12 Days of VB&F - Daily Information

12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - December 20-31, 2011

Vision: To create a structure and formula for success in a health and fitness program, providing helpful tools, resources, and guidance to turn goals into reality, making New Year’s Resolutions come true.

Follow the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions! This 12-Day Formula For Success is the platform you need to finally make your health and fitness goals a reality.

The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness tips to prepare you for the New Year include:

-Daily Information

-Daily Inspiration

-Daily Success Tip

-Daily Contest

-Daily Prizes

-Daily Meal Plan

-Daily Workout

-Daily Featured Video

-Daily Featured Athlete

At the completion of the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness, the process of achieving New Year’s Resolutions begins. The website http://www.veganbodybuilding.com will provide and facilitate an online place to post goals, updates, journals, photos, and track progress. All participants keeping an updated journal for the entire month of January will receive a gift package comprised of tools to continue to support the participant’s goals. Participants are encouraged to keep their online journal going after the first month of their program.

Online mentors/coaches will be available to work one-on-one with participants assisting in the creation of their own unique health and fitness approach based on the participants individual goals. Visit http://www.veganbodybuilding.com to select your mentor (coming soon).

Ready for a New You for the New Year? Get started today!

Join us December 20-31 for 12 days of inspiration, information, motivation, contests, and prizes… all leading up to a NEW YOU ON NEW YEAR’S!

Visit us on VeganBodybuilding.com each of the 12 days, for a featured article to inform you, a profile to inspire you, a tip to motivate you, and of course, prizes to reward you!

Then… by January 1, what will you do with the tools you have been given? Well, we hope you will be inspired to become a VeganBodybuilding.com forum member (it’s free!). It’s a new YEAR and a new YOU! Keep track of your progress in your forum journal at least 5 days/week for the first month, and you’ll get a reward at the end! PLUS, the first [30] people to sign up by January 1st will have access to their very own Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness mentor, who will be happy to help answer your questions and guide you to success in reaching YOUR vegan fitness goals!

So, what do YOU want to accomplish this year? Maybe you want to lose some weight. Maybe you don’t know where to start in the gym. Or maybe you’re already a pro in the gym, but not sure how to take it to the next level of competition. The point is, everyone has their own goal, but with commitment and work, they’re all possible… and Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness is here to help.

To get involved, create a profile on our website forum here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum. It is free and takes about two minutes. Then create your own training journal to track your progress. Select a mentor from the collection of coaches from http://www.veganbodybuilding.com (coming soon) and fill out the following form to email them.

Participant Entry Form - Must be filled out by all participants

Please copy and paste the entry form into an email, enter your information, and send to [email protected]. The first 30 people to enter will be eligible to have access to their own coach for the month of January, to assist you in pursuit of your New Year's Resolution achievement! Please note that you must also register for a free account on veganbodybuilding.com/forum in order to participate. All those who register by January 1 AND make an entry in their online VBB forum journal at least 5x/week between January 1-31 will receive a prize package.

Name:

Email address:

Location (City, State, Country):

New Year’s Resolution Goal:

Start Date:

Desired Achievement Date:

Past workout History:

Biggest Obstacles:

Favorite Foods:

Favorite Exercises:

Current training frequency:

Any injuries or info your mentor should have:

*Send completed registration form to [email protected] and register on our forum at http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum to start your daily journal.

Thank you for investing in your own health and fitness by joining us on our vegan athlete forum to create a whole New You for the New Year!

If you have any questions, email Karen at [email protected] or Robert at [email protected]

-The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Team

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum

[email protected]

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 of 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Daily Information:

Health and Fitness for the New Year and a New You!

Get in Shape and Stay in Shape to wear your Beach Body all year long

By Julia Abbott and Robert Cheeke, Vegan Fitness Duo

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298711_2320451084847_1056650054_2707451_1094305838_n.jpg

Happy New Year! I know New Year’s Day is still nearly two weeks away, which is precisely why I’m writing now. We usually start the year full of enthusiasm to achieve our new goals and New Year’s Resolutions, but it’s about this time when our diets are at their worst and we wonder if we’re even capable of accomplishing what we had planned in the new year. We may get off to a flying start for a week or two and then falter a bit and sometimes even give up on our goals completely. That’s why I’m here, to add structure, focus, and purpose to what really matters to you and help see you through to achievement. I’m going to provide you with the tools and resources necessary to accomplish your goals, combined with amazing levels of support to help keep you motivated and accountable.

To borrow a quote from my book Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness:

“It is my experience that if you truly love something, you will be willing to spend a lot of time doing it, will be willing to work harder than others to achieve it, and will have so much fun throughout the process that you will excel naturally. The joy and fulfillment you get from being regularly engaged in the activity you love will propel you to stand out in your field adapting and improving at rapid rates. You will look forward to practice, rehearsal, application, and action in whatever it is that moves you. Through your discipline and dedication, you will thrive in an environment you created that is perfect for you to succeed in. Because you’re doing what you love, you’ll be in a positive mood on a regular basis, will find the good in every situation, will get back up when you’re knocked down, and will time and time again overcome adversity when others with less passion will give in and give up.” - Robert Cheeke

What should be understood is that we all have the power to change something in our lives at anytime, no matter what time of year. As always, now is the best time to start something new. What do you really want to get out of life? What does it really mean to you and how hard are you willing to work to achieve it? What steps need to be taken and when are you ready to say, “Today is the day I’m going to make it happen?”

To create “New Year’s Resolutions” that you’ll actually stick to, answer the following questions:

1. What are the activities I am most passionate about and that bring me the most joy?

2. What makes me wake up every day excited to do what I get to do for my job?

3. What can I do every day to bring about the most fulfillment in my life?

4. What makes me smile more than anything else?

5. What would I do if money and time weren’t limiting obstacles in my life?

6. What does my dream life look like?

7. What steps do I need to take in order to achieve what I really want to in life?

Answer those questions honestly and sincerely.

Your personal best isn’t just about motivation and doing what you love to do. It’s about being healthy, happy, and well too. My good friend, wellness coach Julia Abbott has some helpful and healthful tips for you to be at your best this year:

Health & Fitness for the New Year – by Julia Abbott

I know winter is far from over, but it's not too early to start getting your beach body back. I know, it's tough to fight the hibernation impulse. A little hibernation is therapeutic, but make it your goal right now to take action, alter stagnating behaviors, and implement a few new tools toward shaping up for the new year. Here are 5 simple steps to get healthier, more fit, and increased energy. What better way to start the new year?

Step 1: Eat fruit for breakfast.

Fruit contains all the components it needs to digest itself and requires little assistance from the body. Fruit for breakfast will awaken the body and stimulate elimination channels. Proper elimination is the most important factor for improved health and weight loss. Breakfast is easy--just grab a piece of delicious, juicy fruit and bite in!

Step 2: Eat at least one green salad every day.

Greens are so important because they contain an array of nutrients in perfect proportion to nourish the body's tissues and cells. They even contain plenty of amino acids to help you build muscle! It can be difficult to eat that green salad every day. I love greens, but I get tired of them too! The solution to getting your greens every day and loving it is the green smoothie. By making my green smoothie every morning, I knock out steps 1 and 2 at the same time: fruit first and greens every day!

This is what my green smoothie was this morning:

- 1 ripe, organic pear

- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds or 1/2 cup of Pom juice

- 1 Meyer lemon

- Big handful of spinach

- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries

I just toss it all into my Vitamix and blend. Making breakfast and eating my greens takes 10 minutes tops. Fantastic! Note that it is important to rotate your greens and get creative with your smoothie ingredients.

Step 3: Find an enjoyable form of physical activity and schedule it into your day.

Exercise doesn't have to take a long time. I do enjoy going to the gym for an hour-long workout, but very often, I just don't have that kind of time. I solve this problem by waking up 15 minutes earlier to perform a quick, high-intensity workout that will get my blood and lymph moving. If you haven't discovered CrossFit yet, check it out because that is exactly what you need if you are short on time. By 9AM, you can have 3 steps knocked out.

Try this quick and simple workout tomorrow morning:

• 5 push-ups

• 10 sit-ups

• 15 squats

Perform this set as many times as you can for 10 intense minutes. No money or equipment necessary.

Step 4: Quit drinking sodas and bottled beverages. These drinks are full of highly refined sugar or toxic sugar substitutes that do nothing but subtract from your overall health.

If you are attached to the fizz factor, try drinking sparkling water with fresh lime. If you are attached to the sugar factor, replace the soda with kombucha, a fermented beverage containing beneficial organisms that aid in digestion and detoxification. When I get post-lunch sugar cravings, drinking kombucha knocks the craving out.

Feel a caffeine headache coming on? Sip Yerba Maté tea, an infusion similar to green tea. When I drink Yerba Maté for an energy boost, I do not experience the negative side effects that come from drinking coffee such as jitteriness, headaches, or nausea.

Step 5: Eliminate fried foods. Fried foods are detrimental for two reasons: they contain trans fat, and they are usually fried in polyunsaturated vegetable oil.

Trans fat is an artery-clogging fat that is formed when vegetable oil is made to be solid at room temperature. Read the labels on any packaged food and look for "Hydrogenated", "Partially Hydrogenated", and "Shortening". Strictly avoid these foods to avoid gradual health decline.

Polyunsaturated oils (canola and soybean, for example) are highly susceptible to heat damage. Heat causes oxidative damage creating free radicals. Translation: these oils after heat exposure become cancer causing.

The bottom line is, there is absolutely no reason your body would want you to eat french fries or doughnuts. There is plenty of healthful, natural food to eat instead. For a mid-morning snack, try a slice of toasted sprouted-grain bread topped with nut butter.

If you start the new year by following these 5 steps, you will be feeling better and looking better in no time. Cheers to your beach body 2012!

-Julia Abbott is a competitive runner, avid weight lifter and Author of The Lemon Letter – A wellness blog dedicated to a holistic approach to ultimate health http://www.lemonletter.blogspot.com/

-Robert Cheeke a competitive bodybuilder, Founder of VeganBodybuilding.com, motivational speaker, and Author of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness – The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com

Check back for tomorrow's updates!

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum