Day 3 of 12 Days of VB&F - Daily Inspiration

12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - December 20-31, 2011

Vision: To create a structure and formula for success in a health and fitness program, providing helpful tools, resources, and guidance to turn goals into reality, making New Year’s Resolutions come true.

Follow the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions! This 12-Day Formula For Success is the platform you need to finally make your health and fitness goals a reality.

Full details here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26972

Daily Inspiration

From Robert Cheeke's New book Think Differently due out in 2012:

"Have you taken the time to look in the mirror and sincerely ask yourself, 'What do I want to do for the rest of my life?' Why not? Take some time in the near future to do that. Set the book down and make it happen. Why a mirror? There is something about being there, fully present, open and honest with yourself, looking into your own eyes while feeling your heart beat that makes your answers seem far more sincere than without the use of a mirror. Whatever your answers are, take them seriously, as this could be one of those “moments” that changes the course of life. Perform this exercise often, at whatever rate is comfortable for you. Every month, every six months, every year, or whenever you’re not 100% happy in life. Whenever your answer changes to something different, go pursue that new interest and make it a passion in your life, creating your new future.

Passions will likely change, and with each new interest comes new opportunities to thoroughly enjoy other aspects of life. You may love playing the piano now and you’ll love it until the day you die, but always be open to something else that comes into your life and tugs at your heart. When you follow your heart and engage in the activities that mean the most you, you’ll get the most out of life. Your passions won’t be the same as mine or the same as your neighbor or your loved ones. They are unique to you and your own desires. They may be shared by your partner, by your children or by others impacted by the joy you get from pursuing your passion, but they are still uniquely yours. How do we find a passion in the first place? Often by observing the behavior of someone else actively pursuing theirs.

When we have a teacher who clearly loves what they do, we may take note of that and want to be like them someday. We may or may not be presently aware of what led us to that decision to major in education in college, but tracing steps back, we’ll likely find our source. When our mother or father or someone else close to us clearly enjoys a certain sport, hobby or craft and we see them thriving in the moment, glowing in the engagement of an activity they love, that impacts us. It has an influence on our future. Have you ever known a family where all the children pursue music, or one where all the children become teachers? What about a family of athletes from generation to generation? Sure, it happens all the time, in all walks of life. Passion pursued brings out passion in others and we’re all better off for it." -Robert Cheeke

Quote of the Day

From Robert Cheeke's Best-Selling book Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - The Complete Guide To Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet:

“When you start anything new for the fist time, always know why you’re doing it and what you hope to accomplish as a result. Weigh out the pros and cons and check in with your heart to see if it is something worth pursuing. Life is extremely short, and you should be doing the things that give you the most fulfillment.” –Robert Cheeke

Success Tip of the Day

From Robert Cheeke's new book Think Differently, due out in 2012:

"Do something that makes you laugh really hard, every day, and encourage your friends to do the same." -Robert Cheeke

Check back for tomorrow's updates!

www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum

Ok Robert, I'm bawling my eyeballs out here! Your post touched a cord deep inside my being, addressed a subject I've been avoiding to face. I'm so ready for a career change right now, and been told by many people that what I want to do isn't a "smart choice". You see, I've taught young kids for more than 15 years. I've enjoyed teaching so much that I even opened a preschool with a friend in my hometown, the only one that offers an early stimulation program here. Anyway, something's been "missing from my life for a while, something that comes alive at the gym, the least likely place to awaken anything for me, for most of my life I've been a couch potato. A year ago I started a fitness/health journey that included becoming vegan and working out on a regular basis. Having no resources to pay for a PT, I was forced to read, research, create and put to test my own routines and meal plans. To make the story short, after losing 82 pounds and having visible muscles for the FIRST time in my life, people come to me asking for advice, me who never lifted a finger in her life sports wise. They feel I will understand because I've been there and I know their struggle because I've lived it. This has opened a whole new world, and I'm getting certified as a PT next year (certification course starts in February). The thing is I've been told over and over by ppl around me that the only way I can make a living as a PT is if I train celebrities. I want to put into words what I feel when training or explaining others the basics of lifting, correcting their form while they're performing an exercise... You get the idea! So I was kind of getting discouraged. Being part of this community of vegan bodybuilding makes me feel like I belong for the first time since this journey started. With no support from anyone, staying vegan has been a challenge sometimes, for I've been criticized and ridiculed even by family members, having even been accused of having an eating disorder (in front of my children no less) Your inspiring words and seeing all these athletes that have been doing for so long exactly what I've been told is an impossible task has given me so much hope and has fueled this fire that was dying inside of me. Thank you Robert for sharing your thoughts with people like me! All this, the site, the challenge... It all has given me new hope and strength to pursue my dream of building a career in fitness and continue bodybuilding as a hardcore vegan.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for sharing your story. I am confident you can follow your passion with enthusiasm and make a living from it. You don't have to only train celebrities to make it. There are dozens of personal trainers on this forum, including a bunch of great friends of mine, who do very well, inspiring people in their communities.

I wish you all the best. Follow what tugs at your heart. It may be many things, and those things may change, but embrace them, pursue them with passion and enthusiasm and you will no doubt succeed.

Have an outstanding time!

Looking forward to watching your success.

Congratulations on your health and physique transformation too. That is very inspiring!

-Robert