Day 5 of 12 Days of VB&F - Daily Inspiration

12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - December 20-31, 2011

Vision: To create a structure and formula for success in a health and fitness program, providing helpful tools, resources, and guidance to turn goals into reality, making New Year’s Resolutions come true.

Follow the 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to achieve your New Year’s Resolutions! This 12-Day Formula For Success is the platform you need to finally make your health and fitness goals a reality.

Full details here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26972

Day 5 of The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - Daily Inspiration

From Robert Cheeke's New book Think Differently due out in 2012:

Return on Investment (ROI) of Life

“So many of us are obsessed with the ROI (Return On Investment) when it comes to our finances or various areas of life that we claim to be able to measure based on the outcome. Let’s evaluate this a little further. We routinely stress ourselves to the extreme when deciding which banks to give our money to, which credit card companies to go with, what type of mortgage lender to use, and other money-related decisions that provide return on our investment. We dedicate a significant amount of time contemplating this dilemma, trying to determine which actions produce the most ROI because of its importance. Money matters and we want to get the most out of ours and stretch it as far as possible.

With the same level of dedication, we stress out about where to live, whether to buy or rent, what schools to send our children to and what types of clothing are trendy. We try to keep up with our friends by getting the same over-sized television or recent trending electronic pad, but we fail to look at the ROI of our lives in the bigger picture. Perhaps this is because ROI is nearly always synonymous with money, time and applied contributions toward and eventual outcome that we anticipate being greater than what we poured into it. We use money as our measuring stick for effective ROI, but I believe there is a more valuable and meaningful approach to looking at and evaluating true ROI in life. What about the ROI of doing what you love every day, smiling from ear to ear, and living life to its fullest in ways that mean the most to you? What about the ROI of reaching down and lifting someone else up, donating to a worthy cause, or helping those in need of assistance? What about the ROI of simply doing what you enjoy, knowing what you spend the majority of your time doing, and living life accordingly?

When it comes to ROI in general, we first need to look at the time invested into something. What is the return on investment of watching TV for five hours a night, depriving you from spending that time working toward your real passion (a degree, a fulfilling career, a comfortable and sustainable income, quality family time, an athletic pursuit, etc.)? Once we can objectively and honestly determine the value of time as a significant part of the equation in the pursuit of happiness, we can learn how to manage it effectively.

There are billions of people who seemingly go out of their way to engage in the activities that yield the lowest result and waste the most time. On the flipside, look at the people who are constantly happy, who live for seven days a week, not just one or two, and who spend the majority of their time doing meaningful things. Their return is unbelievable and could even be deemed priceless. This is something you can’t say about your high interest online banking system, the number of ‘likes’ on your Facebook page, or your favorite pair of trendy jeans. Money can provide a clear list of ups and downs and pros and cons. But, numbers don’t inherently cross over into arguably more important areas of life like happiness, contentment, compassion, joy and overall personal fulfillment. Given the track record of inappropriately managed time for most of us throughout our lives, look at this incredible opportunity for positive change that lies in front of us now that we’re aware of it.

When I talk about ROI as it relates to non-financial situations, I’m primarily focusing on time since that is our most precious commodity. Time is what we all have to do with it what we wish and unfortunately, most of us just don’t know how to manage it in ways that help us achieve our ambitions. Quite frankly, we’d rather watch reality TV than pursue our own passions in life. We watch another family live their life on a TV screen while ignoring our very own. Sadly, this is one of our biggest downfalls and greatest obstacles to a positive return on investment. Time in general, is a pretty broad topic, essentially covering anything we might do with our disposable time, but under this umbrella there are specific areas of investment that are worth exploring. Identifying passion, outlining and planning of action to apply oneself in order to achieve is something worth investing in. Essentially, what makes you smile more than anything else? What sincerely makes you happiest? Spend more time doing those things.

Please consider the ROI of non-financial investments, including what to do the rest of today, how to maximize tomorrow, and by determining what you love most and vowing to do it often. You may look back on that 401K and realize it was important, but with an astute awareness of the equal importance of attending your child’s music or athletic performance and how that impacts their lives, while enriching your own in the real ROI of life. You may look back at all those hours spent playing online video games or late night instant chat sessions wishing you had that time back to invest in learning a new skill, taking a well-deserved vacation or starting your own business so you can be your own boss and make your own schedule. What is the ROI of being at your personal best? The return is amazing and my wish for you is that you experience life to its fullest.

What I ultimately care about is the pursuit of happiness and I want that for you too. When I see people investing their time in areas contradictory to their objectives they claim to care about, I know these people will not succeed, will not achieve, and will not get a positive return because they didn’t invest in the right things. When I see people pursuing their passions, living compassionately, trying to do the most good and by helping others, seven days a week, I know they will succeed. If there is one thing that stands out most in this book, I hope it is that you will question the ROI of every action you take and live in ways that give you the greatest return to live the most fulfilling and rewarding life.”

-Robert Cheeke

www.veganbodybuilding.com

@RobertCheeke on Twitter

Quote of the Day

From Robert Cheeke's Best-Selling book Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness - The Complete Guide To Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet:

“Whatever your vision, aspiration, or goal, commitment comes first. Some of us want to lose weight; some want to gain weight; some want to become successful bodybuilders; others want to tone up. Some of us want to become fitness models and make a career out of the fitness industry; others of us want to change some bad habits so we can live longer and feel healthier. We each have a different approach, but the fundamental, foundational base of all of our aspirations is the same—a desire to achieve something.” – Robert Cheeke

Success Tip of the Day

From Robert Cheeke's new book Think Differently, due out in 2012:

"All beings have their own feelings, their own agendas, and none of us want to experience fear, pain or suffering. That is a universal truth we all share as animals. Non-human animals should be respected as important individuals, which they are. Adopt a vegan lifestyle for optimal health and vitality and to reduce animal suffering and cruelty." -Robert Cheeke

Check back for tomorrow's updates!

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum