Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: New You for the New Year Contest 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:24 pm 
Finch

What keeps me motivated to exercise is the feeling of vitality and a zest for life !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 pm 
Finch

I'm highly motivated to be active every day and maintain a high level of fitness because I spent my childhood as being the "fat kid". From the age of about 8 until I was 12 I was gigantic and it sucked. I had an epiphany when I was twelve and I began riding my bike everywhere and lost a lot of weight, and then I started going to the gym and learned about fitness and all that stuff. Now, I'm 22 and one of the fittest people I know, and I have a degree in exercise science with a certification in strength and conditioning from the NSCA. I'm more motivated than ever to stay fit and pass it on to others!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:42 pm 
Finch

I feel it is my responsibility as an ambassador for Veganism to smash stereotypes and strive to be as healthy and strong as I can be. Make Veganism appealing to more people and further the cause. VEGANSTRONG!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 pm 
Rabbit

What motivates me is that I used to be pretty heavy and have a cholesterol issue and now I have it under control without meds. I also want to be able to keep up with my little girl and love how working out makes me feel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 am 
Site Admin

We have a winner!

Thank you all so much for sharing your motivation for exercise! This serves the community well. It's not just a contest to award a prize to someone, but also acts as a place to read dozens of stories from people from all over the world.

We appreciate you sharing!

Winners are picked at random by one of the organizers of this challenge and we appreciate all of you entering. Stay tuned for more biweekly contests and prizes.

Today's winner of the Sun Warrior prize package generously donated by www.sunwarrior.com goes to forum member: ceasom

And what did ceasom say about his motivation for exercise?

"My 8 year old daughter is a cancer survivor. I work out, not only for my own health, but to encourage her with healthy food choices, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle. I hope to lead my example.

She's already asking if she can go running with me and she can't wait until she's old enough to workout at the gym (our local YMCA allows kids as young as 9 to work out under parental supervision). Every time I look at her, that's my motivation :)"

We will announce Contest #5 in a few days, likely on Saturday. Check back for updates.

Note: All biweekly prizes will be shipped in the first week of February when all contests are completed.

Thanks again!

-Robert, Karen and Richard

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 am 
Rabbit

My motivation comes from knowing how good I will feel after a workout, how I am improving my overall total well being, and getting buff of course :)