New You for the New Year Contest 7

NYNY (New You for the New Year) Challenge, Contest #7 – January 31, 2012

We've made it through the entire month of the New You for the New Year Challenge! And we wanna know...

What did you enjoy most about this online fitness challenge experience?

Here's How to Enter:

1) Post your answer as a reply to this post. (You must be a forum member to post/enter. Not a member yet? Click here: ucp.php?mode=register )

2) A winner will be selected at random from all answers posted by 9:00 PM Pacific on Tuesday, January 31.

PRIZE!

3) Today's winner will receive a large container of Vega, a Vega Water Bottle and Vega T-shirt - generously donated by Vega - www.myvega.com, and a copy of the book, Vegan for Life: Everything You Need to Know to Be Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet by Jack Norris and Virginia Messina - generously donated by the authors and Vegan Outreach, www.veganoutreach.org

This package will also come with a free surprise bonus book and some additional extras!

For more info about Vega visit www.myvega.com and www.vegasport.com - @VegaTeam on Twitter

For more information about Vegan Outreach visit www.veganoutreach.org - @VeganOutreach on Twitter

Remember, you can't win if you don't play!

Simply post your reply below to enter. Go!

http://veganproteins.com/uploads/images/home_imgs/hm_vega.png

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LnVNCqltL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Big Thank You to Vega and Vegan Outreach

Answering questions, delving truthfully deep into who I am as a person, what I want, what I need...it's such an amazing journey of self-discovery and growth. I can strengthen myself mentally, spiritually, and physically from participating and learning from myself and others. I love the "Me" I am now...but I cannot wait for the "New Me" I will create this new year of 2012.

It's also exciting being the first person to post - hope I'm actually the first by the time I hit submit (haha). Thanks Robert and VBB.com! Love me my Vega!

I enjoyed feeling that people were there for me,rooting for me to succeed. It made me complete my workouts when all I really wanted to do was watch tv or rest because I didnt want to let them down,to let myself down. I got injured at the start of the month and instead of accepting I couldnt do my workout schedule the desire to participate made me find alternatives so that I could fill in what I had achieved. So thank you so much for pushing me to do more than I thought I could.

This was an awesome "challenge"

The best thing was that if forced me to really think about my workouts and food intake. I'm training for my first figure this June so that's really important - and now I realize how much!

Also, it was great to see what other are doing and what works for them. New ideas are always awesome!

This was an awesome "challenge"

The best thing was that if forced me to really think about my workouts and food intake. I'm training for my first figure this June so that's really important - and now I realize how much!

Also, it was great to see what other are doing and what works for them. New ideas are always awesome!

I enjoyed dispelling my own myths about being a vegan, i can honestly say my energy has improved and i feel amazing. There will be no going back!!

I also enjoyed being accontable for myself knowing that i had to update my journal every day and let people know what i had been doing, it makes you work that bit harder!

Thanks Robert for all the great information on this website!

A lot: that there was so much work put into it was really amazing; that so many people participated; that so many people donated; that it was all about vegan & health; that a friend of mine became vegan, got involved with it for the entire month, had gun with it, will be continuing, AND his wife is also thinking of going vegan! Yea, the latter might be my favorite part - that people went vegan because of it =)

This idea totally rocked, thank you so much !

This is the fasted and easiest I have ever seen results. I can finally say that I look an feel great!! I have learned so much from everyone. I also have helped a few friends with finding a diet/exercise plan that works for them. I have seen better results an felt so much better than I ever have!! I get bummed out when I can't get to the gym. Who can really say that?? I thank you all so much and I look forward to learning even more. My 4 pack abs thank you too;)

I have never had so much fun seeing such fast results!! I live everything that I have learned and can not wait to learn more. I have also helped a few friends find a plan and a goal that works for them. I have seen such fast results in the past month than I have seen ever before. My 4 pack abs and I thank you all;)

Wow, what have I not enjoyed? To start off I learned that I do feel wonderful sticking to an all vegan diet. Knowing the benefits and also feeling them have really opened my eyes to a better way of life.

I've also learned that I can still maintain a healthy physique and weight being injured. Weight lifting and keeping an online journal this month has kept me on track and I've even lost weight while gaining muscle definition

I enjoyed the challenge as well as the accountability, I felt like I wasnt just letting myself down but the people that were checking the journals as well if I missed a workout. I loved the words of motivation as well as the ideas on how to tweak the workout as well. My grandmother passed away which distracted me for a few days and both Robert and Karen expressed their condolences which was greatly appreciated. Great idea for having this program!

What i enjoyed about this the most is all the new information that learned. All the new friends i made that have helped me out along the way. Trying to do things that i though i was still not ready to do and because of my health at the moment to only find out that it was only me that was keeping me back and could do much more. The most thing that i enjoyed and love the most is getting to work with my mentor and giving me so much support. With out her i don't think i could of done half the things i done so far.

Taking part in this challenge was awesome - it forced me to be accountable to someone else other than me. Just knowing that someone else was watching - either through the forum or the personal trainer - helped keep me on track. Loved the last month and it's flown by! Thanks for everything, Robert!

The vegan diet has giving me awesome energy!! My recovery time is cut in half and I don't ache as much as I use too! It has made it easier for me to sleep which helps a lot. I like how people are intrigued by my diet and ask me lots of questions and thanks to you Robert I have a lot of the answers for them.

Sean

Being new to life as a Vegan i was made very welcome to this site which i was extremely greatful for, through peoples comments on my thread to support from Robert. (It made my day when i saw Robert had left a comment on my thread).

Seeing what others eat has made me realise i now eat a wider variety of whole foods which i enjoy so much.

Keeping a Journal online which shows exactly what you did in the gym, makes you push just that little bit more to get that extra rep out.

Spending a whole month not eating a cheat meal, to be honest i have not even thought about having one as my Vegan meal plan its healthy, clean and satisfying.

What could make this challenge better for me?

Winning this prize, as its my Birthday today!!!!

Happy 31st Birthday to me!

Thanks Robert for everything you have done to support us all and thanks to everyone else who encouraged me to reach my goals.

Edited by mattpb

Well eating no fish or meat was easy!!

I liked talking to other vegans and really found this uplifting vibe that made is easier for me to continue on.

The learning, growing and loving this process makes it worthwhile for me.

This is not a one month thing for me!

And Robert, I really enjoy your enthusiasm and sincereness.

You got me to make the step with this challenge and I am glad I did!