What's your diet like?

Interested in Powerlifting? Share your strength training tips and experience or simply learn about this sport here.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

plantpoweredathlete
Finch

Protein requirements for plant-based athletes?

#16 Postby plantpoweredathlete » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:53 am

Hey folks, I've just written a post exploring how much protein is required for plant-based athletes to optimize performance. Clearly, this will depend on a number of factors but I wanted to get a feel for how many grams of protein per kg/pound body weight the lifters out there are consuming? Is 2g protein per kg bodyweight the golden rule for strength athletes. And, if so, what is your chosen primary plant based protein? Be awesome to have some views to feed into the post http://www.plantpoweredathlete.com/vegans-protein-deficient/

henry thinman
Rabbit

Re: What's your diet like?

#17 Postby henry thinman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:07 am

I was reading you shouldn't go over 1.8.

I'll use fake-meat like ground round, burgers and sausage because they are very high in protein. I use Natural Factors Vegan protein because it's a simple blend without soy, not very high protein for one scoop but add it to my muesli cereal with soy bev. I hate stevia so cane sugar is preferred if sweetened. I also get protein from breads, pasta, and other food.

Robert Cheeke said he would eat 18 veggie dogs a day plus protein shakes back in the day, then said he cut his protein and made more gains. I went to 3 of Roberts talks, Go if you haven't, he seem's to be a fan of sweet potatoes.
I want to see you not through the Machine

nabenson88
Finch

Re: What's your diet like?

#18 Postby nabenson88 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:23 am

Didn't set my diet chart yet. Hope to set within this month.

Return to “Powerlifting/Strongman”