Thrive Diet & Fitness Goals for 12 weeks

After the buckwheat pancakes on Thursday my day went AWOL and Friday, Saturday, & Sunday were crazy as well. Sometimes life happens too fast for me - and I just have to ride out the roller coaster. Unfortunately I didn't have any Thrive foods to snack on, or time to make anything.

Monday morning now, back on the path of good health!

Except for the beet in the pizza (I've never liked beets), all the food sounds delicious! Including, of course, the chocolate chip cookies... How are you feeling?
My husband hates beets and he loved this pizza. The Thrive Diet makes me feel better, more energy, more enthusiasm for life than any other thing I've tried. There is no limit on food - it is so rich in life energy that after a couple of days eating less food just happens. The days when I've skipped the energy bar and/or the smoothie - those are the days when I tend to snack in the evening on anti-Thrive foods (like the choc chip cookies).

bunnylalu, I admire the dedication it takes to prepare food. Mine is limited to chopping fruits and veggies, grinding flaxseeds in a coffee grinder, mixing ingredients for salad dresing, using a slow-cooker for beans, and using the microwave and toaster! Congratulations on your commitment to excellent health!

DATE:Monday 8/13

Thrive Diet Food: banana, energy bar, yellow squash with sesame yeast powder, zuchini pasta with tomato basil sauce, recovery pudding with apricots

Extras: coffee, toast w lemon sugar, subway sandwich

ACTIVITIES: nada

DATE: Tuesday 8/14

Thrive Diet Food: banana, buckwheat pancake, apricot rooibos smoothie, tomato, grapes, cucumber

Extras: coffee, Flax cereal, mucho gusto tofu tacos

ACTIVITIES: 1 hour fitness training: warm ups, kettle bell somethings, pushups, situps w/ medicine ball toss, small sprints, stretches.

bunnylalu, I admire the dedication it takes to prepare food. Mine is limited to chopping fruits and veggies, grinding flaxseeds in a coffee grinder, mixing ingredients for salad dresing, using a slow-cooker for beans, and using the microwave and toaster! Congratulations on your commitment to excellent health!
Thanks! The trick is to make plenty of leftovers that I can snack on during the day. If I don't have the good foods at hand, I tend to go for the naughty stuff. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to make stuff - but tomorrow I'll be back to a nearly normal schedule Its harvest season here in Oregon - I've been picking peaches and grapes and trying to share the wealth with friends.... Oh, I got a pressure cooker for christmas last year and that has made a huge difference cooking beans. Edited by bunnylalu

DATE: Wednesday 8/15

Thrive Diet Food: pear almond cereal w/ hemp milk, cherry tomatoes, salad w/ sprouts, apple cinamon energy balls, apricot recovery pudding

Extras: coffee, portabella burger

ACTIVITIES: bicycle 14 miles

Sounds like your training is going well, and you food sounds delicious! I might have to buy that Thrive Diet book.
mmm hmmmm, yum yum

DATE: Thursday 8/16

Thrive Diet Food: don't remember

Extras: vegan pizza

ACTIVITIES:running errands

DATE: Friday 8/17

Thrive Diet Food: salad

Extras: I was very bad today and ate a bunch of frosting

ACTIVITIES: processing grapes into 12 pints of grape juice

DATE: Saturday 8/18

Thrive Diet Food: Blueberry mango pancakes. banana grape apricot smoothie, curry lentil rice pizza w/ sweet pepper sauce, tomato, walnuts, chocolate recovery pudding

Extras: coffee

ACTIVITIES: 2 mi walk & daily dozen (new stretch/warm-up routine from fitness trainer = 12 different exercises doing 10 each)

DATE: Sunday 8/19

Thrive Diet Food: Blueberry mango pancakes. banana grape peach smoothie, curry lentil rice pizza w/ sweet pepper sauce, tomato, walnuts, green beans w/ garlic, chocolate recovery pudding

Extras: coffee, medittereanean tofu scramble, pinto beans, & sesame bagel

ACTIVITIES: yard work

DATE: Monday 8/20

Thrive Diet Food: Blueberry mango pancakes. curry lentil pizza w/ sweet red pepper sauce, vega energy bar, 3 energy balls, chocolate recovery pudding

Extras: coffee, teriyaki veg stirfry w/ brown rice

ACTIVITIES: 14 mi bicycle

Edited by bunnylalu

Pancakes and pizza as part of the plan...this book is definitely going on my wish list!

I know Brendan Brazier (he's the author, right?) is mostly into endurance sports. Clearly, this diet is aimed at good health and getting lean (well, clearly in my assumption!). Do you happen to know (or have any thoughts on) how well this diet would work for folks who want to add muscle mass--i.e. who do more of a bodybuilding/figure type of thing?

What attracted you to this diet?

You said on one of your posts you were "very bad today and ate a bunch of frosting." I read on Lindsay76's log that one day her food was "hilarious." I think I will start using that label from now on instead of "bad." I can laugh at myself instead of berating myself. But maybe "very bad" doesn't have the same loaded quality for you that it does for me. In any event, I hope you enjoyed every bit of the frosting and are feeling great!

Beth

Do you happen to know (or have any thoughts on) how well this diet would work for folks who want to add muscle mass--i.e. who do more of a bodybuilding/figure type of thing?

What attracted you to this diet? Beth

I couldn't say anything about building mass as that has never been my concern. I've been searching most of my life for a healthy food plan that I could stick to. In between trying out different diets - I gravitate to fast junk food. Now my freezer is filled with fruit (from my back yard - woo hoo!) and my kitchen is stocked with the staples from Thrive (and no junk!). I had frosting leftover from making cupcakes for my husbands company picnic (i'm obsessed with not throwing food away - but would have been better off putting the frosting in the garbage instead of on my hips )
=You said on one of your posts you were "very bad today and ate a bunch of frosting." I read on Lindsay76's log that one day her food was "hilarious." I think I will start using that label from now on instead of "bad." I can laugh at myself instead of berating myself. But maybe "very bad" doesn't have the same loaded quality for you that it does for me. In any event, I hope you enjoyed every bit of the frosting and are feeling great!Beth
Being human, I can be bad once in awhile, but if I used the word 'hilarious' I'd be cheating all the time and not owning it. I need firm boundaries - black & white - otherwise I'd be slipping into gray all the time. I've had a lifetime of bad eating habits and now that I want to change - I need to be clear with myself.

DATE: Tuesday 8/21

Thrive Diet Food: Pear banana cereal, curry lentil rice pizza w/ sweet pepper sauce, red cabbage with cucumber dill dressing, vega energy bar, romaine & grape juice smoothie, peach banana pudding, peaches

Extras: zero

ACTIVITIES: work with personal trainer (her name is LU) - 3 killer exercises repeated to failure + daily dozen (10 each).

Total weight loss: 7 lbs

ACTIVITIES: work with personal trainer (her name is LU) - 3 killer exercises repeated to failure + daily dozen (10 each).

FANTASTIC WORK!!! Your success (esp. knowing you've had your struggles, too) is an inspiration to me to push harder. Thanks for sharing.

DATE: Wednesday 8/22

Thrive Diet Food: nectarine, choc almond smoothie

Extras: dinner @ Pilaf: pakora, veg&rice, choc silk pie

ACTIVITIES: industrious housecleaning

DATE: Thursday 8/23

Thrive Diet Food: Forgot to record info for this day - but I remember that I was exceptionally good

Extras:

ACTIVITIES: daily dozen, 2 mi walk

DATE: Friday 8/24

Thrive Diet Food: Salad w/ mega sprouts (I sprouted 8 different kinds of beans), Vega energy bar, iced chai w/ fresh hemp milk, pecan burger, cauliflower, fresh corn, almonds

Extras: 1oz dark chocolate, iced mocha (w/ choc hemp milk)

ACTIVITIES: 2 hour hike in the hills

DATE: Saturday 8/25

Thrive Diet Food: blueberry pecan pancakes

Extras: coffee, portobella burger, potato salad, veg pizza, choc p-nut butter soy delicious ice cream, diet pepsi which actually made me very sick to my stomach and burned my throat - won't be doing that again!

ACTIVITIES: 5 hours moving heavy boxes & furniture

DATE: Sunday 8/26

Thrive Diet Food:cherry tomatoes

Extras: coffee, tofu vegie scramble, polenta, bagel, vegie enchciladas, chips w/ guacamole

ACTIVITIES: resting

DATE: Monday 8/27

Thrive Diet Food: pecan pancakes, salad w/ black beans & mango salsa

Extras: coffee, tofu in chipotle sauce

ACTIVITIES:

Congrats! I really enjoy reading this thread. I haven't been 100% Thrive Diet, but reading the book has resulted in a lot of eating changes for me, and the thing that made me finally break down and get the book was you discussing it.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Christopher

Thanks Montana & Christopher, I'm feeling much better. I ate a lot of bread while I was down with stomach flu and not much in the way of Thrive foods.... but now, back at it

DATE: Tuesday 9/4

Thrive Diet Food: apple banana nut cereal, green soup, zucchini chips, lemon rooibos crackers w/ quinoa, clover sprouts, sprouted corn tortillas, pineapple tomato, almonds

Extras: portabella burger, 1oz dark chocolate, choc hemp milk, coffee

ACTIVITIES: daily dozen & personal "kick my ass" training session - I felt terrific afterward!!