Will I feel sore?

Ok, so I'm not very good at this Journal thing but I will try to update it every now and then.

The plan is to test the limits, have fun, lose fat and not lose too much muscle.

I will be working out alot and this week I've done the following:

Monday:

Street -1hr

Ballet -1,5hr

House -1hr

Tuesday:

Locking -1hr

Jazz -1,25 hr

Wednesday:

Street -1hr

Street -1hr

Thursday:

Jazz -1,25 hr

Ballet -1,5 hr

Jazz -1,5 hr

Friday:

Arms at the gym -1 hr

Street -1hr

House -1hr

Saturday:

Rest

Sunday:

Locking -1hr

Street -1hr

Total of 16hrs this week. I can feel some soreness in my lower back and some fatigue in my legs.

I will try to make it to the gym the days when I only have two classes and I might do something on saturday, or not.

To be able to keep up with this schedule I will have to eat really clean and well. I will follow a diet that is a mixture of the good things in The Thrive Diet and Eat to Live. I have the same problem as some other people on here; I gain weight very easy. I can (and have) gain 20lbs (10kg) over a weekend. During christmas I can actually gain muscles without even working out. As with Potter and his cycling, extra weight isn't really making all the dancing any easier.

I will try to cut out almost all grains and cooked starches (I might have some on the weekend). I will severely limit sodium and added sugars. I will limit oil to maybe once at the weekend. I don't know where I will end up caloriewise but I think I will have to average less than 2000kcal/day and also limit sodium.

We'll see how it goes.

So what are street, locking, and house?

16 hours is a lot! I really want to do more than I do now but I just haven't got it in me lately.

Locking, old school

Same, only newer

It started out with a guy named Campbell that couldn't do "the funky chicken" but instead "locked" his joints (he was supposed to do it smooth) and from there he did more and more moves out of the same concept. It's done to funk music and have alot of influences from funk.

Some house.

In house you basically "jamming" or "jacking" (as it is called) with your upper body while the choreography (if there is one) is for the the lower body. It borrows moves from basically every dance style there is and remakes them to fit the style, all while jacking. It's one of the funnest activities one can do.

Both locking and House are street dances from the beginning. When I say street, it usually meens Hip-hop (as in MTV style dancing).

Busy day at work today. Probably walked 10-15km at work.

Training:

Hip-hop: 1hr

Ballet: 1,5hr

House: 1hr

Eating:

Felt bloated after the meal yesterday (fried yams, mushrooms and onions with veggie burgers) so I diddn't feel like eating breakfast.

Lunch: Veggie tacos made with cabbage. Tomatoes, cucumber, onion, avocado, tahini and some chilli pickle as filling.

Dinner: Green-blue-red smoothie, a few pieces of fruit and some nuts.

No training yesterday (felt too sore in my back). Eating was good even though I ate a little too much nuts in the evening.

Training today:

Back at the gym: 45mins.

Hip-hop: 1hr

Another Hip-hop: 1hr

Eating:

Ate just fruit all day long (well except for the ginger and the tea, but I don't count those). Now I'm enjoying a smoothie (juiced carrots, beets, kohlrabi with greens, raspberries and strawberries). This is probably the best smootie I've done so far in my vita-mix.

Thursday:

Training:

Jazz 1,25hr

Ballet 1,25hr

Jazz 1,25hr

Food:

Smoothie for breakfast, raw veggies with tofu for lunch, some fruit at lunch and during the afternoon. Smoothie for dinner. Felt a little hungry at night so I had a few organinc veggie burgers with some spinach and peas to the smoothie.

Are you dancing by yourself? with a group? or at some class? Whats the arrangement for so many classes pretty much everyday?

It's at a dance studio. Well, actually it's 6 studios at one place. I don't understand what you mean by arrangement?

Saturday:

Eating was overall good, mostly fruit. Had some falafel to my veggies at lunch and it might have been a little too much salt.

No training saturday.

Sunday:

Eating have been good all day. Had dinner at Andrum (where Liz and I went awhile ago) and stuffed myself with veggies and beans. Had a small soda (I thought it was juice ). Again a little too much salt and the soda was not healthy, but it tasted good

Training:

Locking

Hip-hop

I'm eating pretty clean now so I will only track processed food and added salt so I don't overdo them.

Monday:

Training:

Jazz

Ballet

Jazz

Eating:

Good, basically fruits and veggies.

Processed: Yes, Tofutti sour cream to my veggies (just bought one out of sheer happiness that they don't have hydrogenized fat).

Added salt: Yes, canned beans.

Tuesday:

Eating was decent. Fruits and veggies all day.

Processed: Tofutti sour cream, some chilli pickle.

Salt: Beans, sour cream and chilli pickle. Too much today.

Grains and beans: Can of beans. Some corn in an afternoon salad.

Good greens: Yes. Raw kale in the smoothie.

All in all too much salt, a tad too much processed, otherwise ok.

Training:

Chest

Locking

Jazz

Wednesday:

Food:

Processed: Some oil in the tofu.

Salt: Some salt in the tofu.

Grains and beans: No grains, 200g tofu for luch.

Good greens: Yes. Black and green kale in the dinner smoothie.

The tofu is a naturally flavoured organic German tofu that is awesome.

All in all a very good day

Training:

Nothing today.

I'm so jealous about your dancing. Have you been dancing for long? Is it for work or just pleasure?

I just started a baladi course which is really fun.

I know what you mean about salt too! Since trying to go 100% raw I've become really sensitive to salt-when I cheat a little on the raw I really feel it afterwards especially if there was salt in the food.

Can we see a video of you one day?

Ciao

I am sick as of now. I will get back when I start training again.

I'm so jealous about your dancing. Have you been dancing for long? Is it for work or just pleasure?

I've been doing aerobic and other dancing at the gym for about 15 years. Just lately I joined a 'real' dance studio because I wanted more.

I know what you mean about salt too! Since trying to go 100% raw I've become really sensitive to salt-when I cheat a little on the raw I really feel it afterwards especially if there was salt in the food.

Salt is bad news, for sure. I just want to keep track of it for now.

Can we see a video of you one day?

I don't have any footage and I'm not working my ass of to get someone to film either. Let's just leave it at that.

So I've had a cold for about a week now and I'm almost well again. Had a light workout and a sauna today (friday). I've been eating pretty badly but not alot so I don't think it's that bad. Probably added some water weight but that's it.

Hopefully I will get back to full training again next week and I might do something light during the weekend.

Also I got my ass out in the job market and it seems like some things are opening up. I will most likely have new job within a month.

• 1 month later...