Forget Staples....what about favorites?

Hey everyone,

Forget about the staples of your diet....when it comes down to it, what are your favorite vegan foods to eat?

I'd admit I like chocolate.

But really, my favorite foods are mostly healthy ones like Potatoes, tofu, beans, apples, oranges, grapes and berries.

I do like some vegan pastries from time to time. Vegan chocolate cake, peanut butter cookies and all that good stuff.

But for a very favorite, I think I'll give it to potatoes.

BAGELS BAGELS BAGELS, tofu hotdogs, soy"ham", cinnamon raisin bagels w/ "tofutti "creamcheese", natural peanutbutter, watermelon, pineapples, bananas, wholegrain raisin bread, peppered "steak" and onions with peppers and rice, burritos, mashed potatoes, apples, chocolate soymilk, BAGELS, Bagels w/ peanut butter, wholewheat spaghetti w/ sauce and vegiies

did i mention bagels??

Has to be General Tso's Mock Chicken from the local vegan chinese restaurant Panda Veg. I am addicted to that place, had dinner there 5 out of the last 10 nights.

Two guys came in the other night and one says to the other "hey man, isn't that your rent money?" It was in fact his rent money. I guess Josie and I aren't the only addicts!

We're on the same page Will. I LOVE berries too, all kinds, and this is that time of year! Berry season has started some places and will be in full force here in Oregon next month!

And I'm with ya, I love Soy Delicious as well! I can't choose a favorite flavor but choc/peanut butter I get quite a bit. And mint chocolate chip on a fairly regular basis (that is WHEN I'm actually eating the soy ice-cream. Non-bodybuilding season).

• 1 year later...

I am going berry picking tomorrow (strawberries & raspberries), first time

since I moved to Oregon. exciting!

My favorite (vegan)foods, in no particular order--

-- organic, in season, nectarines! (such a rare treat, I won't eat them

if they are not organic, the taste is like night and day to me)

-- bosc pear/walnut & fig spinach salads

-- ANY salad from Kalga Kafe

-- raw pasta(zucchini, squash, cabbage, etc.) with fresh pesto

and avocado! (www.sagescafe.com)

-- creamed macadamia carrot butter (also exclusive to Sage's)

-- fuerte avocados.

-- Lacinato kale, in and with absolutely anything.

-- mangos with lime juice and sea salt!

-- I don't think I could ever have enough berries in my life...

-- carrots and apples, in, on, or with, absolutely anything..

ok...

I'm just going to say I love every single thing I consume on a

daily basis with intense passion, & leave it at that...

I need nothing more than a mouthfull of peanut butter...a big enough mouthfull that may cause me to no longer be a part of this world...then I know I'll die a happy man...that and my mothers filipino plantain fritters(I won't specify I'll suprise you all when I get to oregon)

natural peanut butter by the spoonful or on toast, all hot and gooey

chopped avocado w/lime, sea salt, cayenne

thai young coconut

my all-time favorite smoothie: thai coconut (water and the flesh), frozen pineapple, banana, spoon of coconut butter

2c frozen pineapple + 1 frozen banana, whipped up in a food processor...HEAVEN!!

I adore oatmeal mixed with a banana, cinnamon and pb. I eat it every morning and it's my favorite meal of the day.

I also love mangoes. And pineapple and asian pears.

I'm not a huge junkfood person, but once in awhile flax/soy tortilla chips with refried beans is wonderful.

Corn. And just about anything made with corn. Corn chips, polenta, corn on the cob, cream of corn soup, corn fritters, corn bread.

...Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup...

I don't eat much junk food at all anymore, though I have been trying a couple of vegan treats every now and again, more just to see if I'd recommend them to other people though. An organic food store by me carries these Rice krispy treats (though made with brown rice and natural peanut butter) which I liked, but I don't eat much.

I'm with BigBwii & Will though. If you cut my arm open with a knife, Citrus Juice would probably bleed out. I simply can't get enough.

But other than that there's lentils, kiwi, natural peanut butter, almonds, apples, berries (with the exception of raspberries).

I like to make deep fried funnel cakes...meaning I guy vegan funnel cakes already cooked then I deep fry them again...then I like to pickle the funnel cakes in High Fructose Corn Syrup for atleast a week...yum yum...and when I'm not on a diet I buy the cheapest vegan hydrogenated spread I can and dip the funnel cake in like I were dipping fries in katchup