I'm new to this forum . . .

wtf

. . . but I've been pokin' around here for about a year. I don't now why it took me so long to join - this is a great site. So, I've been vegan for two years now and that was one of the greatest decisions in my life. I'm another Texas vegan, I live in Houston. I really enjoy lifting weights but I especially love triathlons. Also, I love martial arts and outdoor activities like hiking/camping. As far as my goals, the thing that I want most now is a lean, chiselled physique, maybe a little more muscle mass.

As far as my workouts, lately I've been doing bench press, deadlifts, squats, power cleans and push press for weight training. Of course I run and bicycle a lot. And, I am taking Kung Fu. As you can tell I like to stay busy.

I love this website and from what I've read everyone is real nice. I'm excited about participating in the discussions and not just reading them.

Well, I first took Kung Fu a while back for about two years. Its been about 4 years since then and I just started again about a month ago. I remembered quite a bit probably because I love it so much and forced myself to retain the information.

Thanks for joining our group! Welcome to the team. We're battling with Texas for the most vegans on here. "We, as in Oregon" where I'm from.

Cool that you are into triathlons. My friend Brendan Brazier is a professional triathlete and he's vegan as well. Check him out on www.brendanbrazier.com

Thanks for the nice words about the website. I'm going to work to improve it soon. I've been doing a lot of other stuff lately, including filming a movie called "Vegan Fitness Built Naturally" coming out "hopefully" by December during Holiday Season.

Great to have you on our AWESOME TEAM!

The battle is on: Oregon vs. Texas for the most members in one place. So it's a positive battle, where we all win

-Robert

Welcome from me too!

Do you know Rhea from Houston by chance? I know Houston is a big city, but the vegan community maybe not.

Meggy's right, Rob, i was going to mention the Germans I invited another two vegan athletes to the board

Love and peace,

Daywalkerrrrrr

First, let me say thank you, to everyone, for making me feel welcome. What a great community! I see that I'm not the only Houstonian; Hi Michelle! Daywalker - I'm sorry, I don't know Rhea.

Robert - great job with the site and yes I have heard of Brendan Brazier. He is an inspiration to me. Thats cool that you know him. I wish I was an athlete of his caliber.

Thanks again everyone! I'll be talkin' with y'all a lot in the future.

-Sean

• 5 months later...