Fast Food

Gym hater

When going out with friends it sometimes is inevitable to go to a fast food restaurant. But when entering this these fast food restaurants there are a lot of products which contain hidden animal products. For instance, at MC Donalds the french fries contain a little beef(for flavoring).

Which products at the main fastfood chains are safe?

Taco Bell is a good choice, Bean Burritos with no cheese are tasty.

Chipotle has awesome burritos, rice, black beans, guacamole!!!

Wendy's has baked potatos, unfortunately no vegan margarine. Ketchup will do in a pinch.

I mostly avoid fast food, so that's all I have.

I have always wondered if Taco Bell uses lard in their beans, and have avoided them because of that....do they not?

Chipotle is the only place I go, it's yum! I love a naked burrito with beans, rice, lettuce, lots of really hot salsa, and guacamole. They're huge too.

Unfortunately the company is owned by McDonald's, and I don't really like to support McDonald's with my money.

I do think they were being sold off though, not sure....

Anyways, when in doubt, most fast food places have salads now. It can be hard to find one that doesn't have cheese, egg, or meat on the top, but usually there's at least one option, and then you just have to track down a dressing.

I have always wondered if Taco Bell uses lard in their beans, and have avoided them because of that....do they not?

Taco Bell was hammered in the 80's for their unhealthy cuisine. They took the lard out almost 20 years ago.

Ha I guess I'm behind the times!!! I just knew that 'real' Mexican food uses lard in everything, so I always wondered about Taco Bell, but not enough to actually look up the answer

Thanks!

McDonald's: fruit & walnut salad (skip the yogurt dressing)

Chik-fil-A: fruit cup

Wendy's: baked potato with broccoli (skip the butter & cheese) or salad.

When I've been to restaurants, fast food or otherwise, that don't offer enough vegan/vegetarian items or any at all on their menu, I leave feedback on the company's website later or hit planetfeedback to make the suggestion. I think more people would go vegan, if it wasn't so difficult for them to do so and continue enjoying restaurants with their friends and families.

Taco Bell was hammered in the 80's for their unhealthy cuisine. They took the lard out almost 20 years ago.

Ha I guess I'm behind the times!!! I just knew that 'real' Mexican food uses lard in everything, so I always wondered about Taco Bell, but not enough to actually look up the answer

Thanks!

A local chain here "Mexico Restaurant" has about 5 locations, nice places and good food. They have a full page of vegetarian options and use only vegetable oil!

Taco Bell- bean burrito no cheese (watch out for the suace packets they give you, some have lactate in it, like the fire ones)

Wendy's- French Fries

I try to avoid eating at fast food places, even when my friends go. every now and then I will have french fries, but I usually try to find a gas station and buy bannanas.

Taco Bell- bean burrito no cheese (watch out for the suace packets they give you, some have lactate in it, like the fire ones)

Wendy's- French Fries

I try to avoid eating at fast food places, even when my friends go. every now and then I will have french fries, but I usually try to find a gas station and buy bannanas.

I'm like that, except I never eat fast food (I worked at a Wendy's for 5 years, can you blame me?), and when I was down at Wildwood over the summer I ate banana's from a Wawa while my friend's ate fast food (Topher, missing the East Coast yet? )

Sorry Michael but I must repeat this here since you have plugged taco bell.

PLEASE BOYCOTT all Yum Brandz stores, which includes taco bell, pizza hut and KFC, as there is currently a campaign against this chain.

I am part of this campaign, as is some other ar people on this board. Please boycott them if for no other reason, out of respect for your fellow vegan friends and their efforts.

Honestly, it is frustrating enough trying to convince meat eating trolls to boycott these places, but on top of that to convince vegans to boycott them is so disheartening.

thanks.

Sorry Michael but I must repeat this here since you have plugged taco bell.

PLEASE BOYCOTT all Yum Brandz stores, which includes taco bell, pizza hut and KFC, as there is currently a campaign against this chain.

I thought you must have missed this thread CG. I knew you would get around to the boycott sooner or later.

Chipotle has awesome burritos, rice, black beans, guacamole!!!

Wendy's has baked potatos, unfortunately no vegan margarine. Ketchup will do in a pinch.

I mostly avoid fast food, so that's all I have.

Chipotle is the only place I go, it's yum! I love a naked burrito with beans, rice, lettuce, lots of really hot salsa, and guacamole. They're huge too.

Unfortunately the company is owned by McDonald's, and I don't really like to support McDonald's with my money.

I do think they were being sold off though, not sure....

Anyways, when in doubt, most fast food places have salads now. It can be hard to find one that doesn't have cheese, egg, or meat on the top, but usually there's at least one option, and then you just have to track down a dressing.

I went to a place for the first time this weekend that seems to be popping up around here called Qdoba. It is like Chipolte (which we don't have out here) AND their guac is non-dairy (a big YAY)! Check it out if there's one near you. I don't know who they're owned by, but it might be another option. They had a few veggie-type options AND the staff was really helpful (at the one I went to, anyway).

Wawa has vegan ice cream? I never noticed, I'll have to see if they carry it at the one's down here.

It's Double Rainbow brand soy ice cream! The mint chocolate chip is awesome! They also have a cherry chip kind and a carmel/cinnamon swirl which I've heard good things about, but I tried it and remembered that I hate carmel. The cherry is good, too.

Wawa has vegan ice cream? I never noticed, I'll have to see if they carry it at the one's down here.

It's Double Rainbow brand soy ice cream! The mint chocolate chip is awesome! They also have a cherry chip kind and a carmel/cinnamon swirl which I've heard good things about, but I tried it and remembered that I hate carmel. The cherry is good, too.

OMG!!!! I love Double Rainbow, they make THE BEST soy ice cream. I usually only get it at Trader Joe's when I'm in DC. I'm going to check the local WAWA, but something tells me that here in the south, they have no soy ice cream. Hm, that's actually worth a little drive after work to see if they have it. Did I mention I LOVE DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!

I'd like to point out at this point that unless you're from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland or Delaware, we probably sound nuts talking about a place called "Wawa".

I'd like to point out at this point that I AM from Pennsylvania and I still think you sound nuts talking about a place called "Wawa".