Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:59 pm 
Finch

Your right, stress and hormones can also aggrevate acne. There are many medications that you could consider that don't have extremely bad side effects...like topical antibiotics, for example. So, don't be turned off just b/c the particular med that your cousin takes has such harsh side effects. Your age and history lean towards typical acne, but a doc. would be able to tell you for sure if something else were causing the acne.

Oh, the tea leaves I suggested are to be used on the skin, not ingested for their effects. Personally, I've noticed that foods extremely high in calories and fattycan also cause me to break out...mangoes, for example, can do that to me...not like they're ever so abundant around here. Over time I think it will get better...

Well, if I find something else helpful I'll chime in. Till then,

Take Care,

Kris :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:00 am 
Rabbit

i have had acne on and of for 8 yrs and i went on roaccutane which is the drug you are referring to in terms of birth defects, it CAN only cause problems if you get pregnant on whilst on the drug,yes it is off putting and a powerfull drug but i dont regreat it all it works very very well and for me the less of two evils.
everyone is different so talk to a dermatologist as they are the only people who can give you the drug as your liver function has to be monitored as it is very high Vit A.
alot of people have had children after taking this drug i wouldnt worry about that however it is a personal descision as to weather you want to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:52 pm 
Gorilla

sleep. water. diet.

Last edited by Gorilla on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:53 pm 
Manatee

Hey guys,

unfortunately I too suffer from acne and my vegan diet has so far not helped!
I've had it for 10 years now and I'm now 26! It's really annoying although mine is not that bad besides the shoulders area. I've tried different treatments and I'm currently taking some antibiotics which seem to help but I don't think they'll make it go away. If this doesn't work my dermatologist suggested I try reoaccutane which apparently should work. It's a strong medicine though and I'm a bit worried because the treatment lasts 4 months. Does anyone know if one can still drink protein shakes whilst on the drug?
I will look into the applevinegar drink, it sounds interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:19 pm 
Stegosaurus

Hi Cristian,

First things first- Sorry I didnt get a chance to welcome you in your intro thread, so welcome!

I too was put on accutane many many years ago by my dermatologist. yes, it is a strong drug - so strong that if a woman taking it gets pregnant, she would have to have an abortion becuase it would cause birth defects in the baby. While you are on it, the docs will also take occasional blood tests to monitor your liver.

However, despite all of the above, I must say that it DOES work. Amazingly. I havent had any major acne flare ups after my last course of Accutane treatment which was in my twenties.

It is the only 'drug" that worked for me. None of the other antiobiotics or topical meds worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:46 pm 
Rabbit

WooooT. I've been doing the Vineger and Honey method. Wow! I've noticed big results so far, I'll keep you guys posted. So far all I've been doing is having one glass in the moring when I wake up and one before I got to bed, I find it helps me sleep better too.
-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:10 am 
Elephant

honey? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:22 pm 
Manatee

Hey CG, thanks for the info. I think I too will have to try roaccutane at some point. The antibiotics I'm taking now do help but I don't think they will make it go away. I won't be able to see my dermatologist until January!! (endless waiting list) to start the new treatment.
Did you have any bad side effects whilst on the drug?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:31 pm 
Stegosaurus

Cristian wrote:
Hey CG, thanks for the info. I think I too will have to try roaccutane at some point. The antibiotics I'm taking now do help but I don't think they will make it go away. I won't be able to see my dermatologist until January!! (endless waiting list) to start the new treatment.
Did you have any bad side effects whilst on the drug?

Just dry mouth and lips, but I just used some moisturizer stuff and drank lots of water.

No other side effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:24 pm 
Stegosaurus

Richard wrote:
For those of you who wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, shaking with anxiety over my skin condish (condition), I am happy to report that ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cannot believe i missed this. :lol: :lol: :lol: richard you absolutely HILARIOUS. This is almost as funny as the "mikey baby" reference :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:33 pm 
Stegosaurus

Nobbi, (or anybody else), i found something called "apple cider vinegar". Is this the same thing as just "apple vinegar?"

I ended up drinking like the whole bottle. I, like Richard, love vinegar straight out of the bottle. I also love sucking on a lemon, literally. :shock:

Luv sour things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:38 pm 
Rabbit

Didn't Rudyard Kipling write a story about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:42 pm 
Rabbit

No, wait, that was "How the Leopard Got His Spots" wasn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:01 pm 
Elephant

I bought some apple cider vinegar, drink it first thing in the morning. It's great for making me feel really sick. And it burns too goin all the way down. The second swig though is much easier to handle. Do you all eat before drinking it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

I find that my stomach feels a bit weird if I drink the vinegar when I am empty. I try to eat a little bit before I drink it. I drink it diluted, but it is still strong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next