Want to make sure im doing it right.

I joined a 24/7 gym and I've really been able to stay on a routine. I tried to implement a good work out of:

mon-rest

tues-chest & triceps

wed-legs

thurs-lats, back, shoulder

friday-biceps,grip work

sat-rest

sun-rest

Abs i work a little bit each day. But other than that I think its a good schedule, but i want to run it by all you professionals and see what you think

also i noticed after my first week i was sore and everything as usual. but now going on the 2nd week i've noticed that ive not felt sore of course... but ive also not felt the tightness in my muscles, is that normal or am i need to up the weight or sets or something? I'd post my entire work out/diet, but I dont want to be THAT much of a burden!

Thanks in advance!

.kyle.

Hey Kyle. I'm guessing that on Thursday you're doing pulling exercises which exercise your biceps and tests your grip in addition to your back. If it were me, I'd move your Friday workout to Saturday if possible. Other than that looks good to me. You can post your entire workout/diet if you want, it's no burden.

actually that is a great idea considering it is a 24/7 gym!

but yah my exercise routine is basically me going down the line with the machines that work the muscles for that day.

(ive been told that its good to add weight for each workout set... but ive also been told to subtract weight as i do each set... i still dont know whats right? maybe i keep the same weight?)

chest/triceps

.decline bench machine: 3 sets 12

.dip machine: 3 sets 12

.flat bench: 3 sets 12

.ab crunches.

legs

.leg extensions: 3 sets 12

.leg curls: 3 sets 12

.seated leg press: 3 sets 12

.calf machine: 3 sets 12

.leg press: 3 sets 12

.ab crunches

lats/back/shoulder

.lat pull down: 3 sets 12

.seated row: 3 sets 12

.military press: 3 sets 12

.pullups

.ab crunches

bicep/grip

.curls: until-my-arms-fall-off

.ab crunches

I know I could probably do more if I knew any work outs with the dumbells and with good technique.

I also need to push eating more with the 6 meals a day. I notice that I actually start losing weight than gainging... at at 6'1" at roughly 150lbs thats a bad thing.

My ultimate goal (its a long friggin goal, but i am determined!) is to put on about 50lbs of muscle. that would be great.... but its a slow process, especially if im doing something wrong.

Any help or advice is greatly greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

.kyle.

No i havent really played around with the dumbells much. But I've been getting new ideas after seeing this post.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=586683

maybe i'll try some of those for my next work out.

is it a good idea to change up workouts or just keep them the same if they're working for you? i would know if change is good for the muscles or whatever... just me being neurotic. haha!

do your workouts for about 4-6 weeks if they work for you, then switch em up if you feel you need to. the whole thing with working out is to listen to your body. and its all about consistency. consistent training, rest, and eating.

to get your body to grow, lifting heavy with reps in the 6-8 range works best. if youre not feeling a good pump or its too easy for you, then up the weight, not the reps.

if you want to bulk up, make sure to eat lots and lots of calories consisting of carbs, med-high protein (200-300g daily), and healthy fats. and drink lots of water.

eating is the key to muscle gain.

you need a set amount of calories to maintain your weight.

to gain muscle, you need to eat above and beyond that.

so... say the average person needs 2,000cal daily to maintain their weight...you want to aim for about 3,000-4,000 calories daily to gain.

hope this helped. take care

Hey waaay too many reps for a hard gainer...

you need your basic compund exercises and no more than 6-some say that even 6 is to much, old school says around 2 reps for max growth-Mike Menza has an excellent routine and he had the BEST tris. Go heavy, heavy, heavy, and get some good qaulity carbs with a portion of protein into you almost as soon as you have worked out. Make sure its a liquid fix. I would be eating at least every 2-3hrs min. Make sure your form is very strict, and if you can beg or borrow some mags regarding muscle growth. you will soon find that EVERYONE has a different opinion as to what works. And guess what, they are ALL right as everybodies body reacts differently. Good luck mate!

Charmaine

thank you all. the diet info really helps topher... i didnt really know how many calories to intake to maintain or gain. ive just been eating a lot and doing it often, but i think it'd be smart to actually start counting the calories.

as for my reps, im finding that working 6-8 reps on heavy weight gives the muscles im working that "stretched" or "tight" feeling for a few minutes afterward.... i think that's what im after, haha! so much thanks to all the help every one