HIT anyone?

I never tried the classic HIT, as you say, i can't imagine it will work very good for naturals. I know only competitive roid users who train like that.

But HIT has some good principles. If you want to give it a try, i recommend using the "Doggcrapp" spin-off. I did that for 2 months and had great results. You'll have to google for it, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Yea, HIT = High Intensity Training.

Basically it involves doing only 1 set per exercise done with the highest possible intensity. Intensity here means muscle failure and well beyond by doing forced reps, negative etc.

It's a split program with 1-2 bodyparts per workout, short workouts, every bodypart once per week or less often.

Doggcrapp takes the HIT principles but combines them with high frequency:

A 2-split done 3 times per week, one exercise with one set per muscle group only, and loaded stretching.

Hi guys, I'm currently doing hit for three weeks, it's hard to get info on it because everybody wants you to buy Mike Mentzers book called heavy duty! which does not make sense to me because if you know what your doing surely you can pass on the info! but anyway I'm not buying the book! but I managed to gather up some info about it on bodybuilding.com to be honest with you now I've started doing hit I've realised I have been wasting my time all these years!!! I'm getting great results from it! It's exactly like Daywalker said, I do one set to absolute failure and increase wieghts every workout I'm getting great results, I like simplicity so this works great for me!!!!! I had a hard time getting my head around just doing one set but believe me when your giving it your all until you really can't do no more you will learn that you will need that time off to rest your self, I think that the secret to it all is increasing the weight every workout! it's a shock to the system every week. It works for me because I'm into lifting heavy for short periods of time.

I am doing HIT for over a year now. It is mostly becouse it doesn't take up a lot of time. Also I have noticed some good results.

I can't compare results with other sorts of training, but I did go to a gym a few months ago and trained like the trainer there instructed. After 3 weeks in the gym I wasn't able to lift the weigths I could before. This probably indicates that I did to much sets in the gym and broke of more muscle than I could rebuild. That is why I am sticking with HIT.

• 5 weeks later...

I've never tried a HIT program but I've been chatting with CollegeB and others who are experimenting with it and I might give it a try. I've tried lots of programs before, but not this one so only natural for me to give it a go!

-Thin Thin HIT Him

Im doing a HIT program right now. I made up my own routine. I dont have a spotter so going to failure on some exercises is not an option, but I do all I can. I think I've made some results, but I havn't gotten fatter and I weigh more so it is accomplishing what I wanted. I intended for it to be a substitute for my previous workout schedule, but I like going 3x a week and lifting heavier weights each time I go. The 10-15 rep range is a nice change from a powerlifting routine I kept up all summer. Rage if you want to save time going to the gym then HIT is a good alternative in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about trying it. The way things work now, because I'm pressed for time, I'm lifting 4 - 5 times a week, one big body part each day (Ie: Arms, then Chest, then Shoulder's, then Back/abs, then legs), and I'm thinking that I should add to the intensity more, let's see how this goes.