SeaSiren in Figure Contest Mode

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Yesterday:

20min cardio intervals on incline tread.

3 sets crunches

3 sets lower ab crunches

Dumb bell bicep curls: 15x12, 8x 15 x3

Dumb bell pull overs (on bench) 15 x 50

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs 15 x 40, 8 x 50 x 3

Bent Over Rows 15 x 40, 60 x8 x 2

Cable Pulls (rear delts) 30 x 30 each side

Seated Rows 30 x 40

stretching

Trying to get back on a "normal" sleep schedule. Ended up not falling to sleep until 6AM this morning which of course then caused more issues from being tired and playing catch up from last week. Kid's locked them selves out of house today, amazing since they all have keys, yet each and every one of them left them in the locked house, lol

Anyway will sit down the next few days and iron out a daily schedule as well as my training and food to get back on track. Been training and eating well (except that one cheat). But need to bee on a stricter schedule to see better progress. Oh, and sleeping would be nice too

Then will plan out my calendar of the next 2 months, so hopefully things will begin to run a bit more smoothly. I'm very well aware of what the say about the best laid plans, but it's a start! And I want back on the comp stage badly!!!! lol

Normal sleep schedule seems to never happen. Was actually in bed by 12 but then "he" came in and had a two hour one way talk/argument, I think I fell asleep at some point to be woken up at 6 for a one hour one way conversation and then fell back asleep just for a tad before coming into work.

Anyway .... gonna try that getting a full nights sleep again tonight (you can laugh at me here)

Leg Day today!!! Can't wait to attack them!

I promised training pics this week and so far haven't had time, but will get some snapped this weekend perhaps. So here are some from the last few shows of my official "show trainer and comp tan applier". She loves going to the shows with me .... simply love the whole community. ..... I think I may have a future figure gal

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/vanna2.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/vanna1.jpg

Oh! New suit came in, it's fabulous!!!

Thursday Leg Day:

3 sets of upper ab crunches to failure

3 sets lower abs to failure

3 sets lower back ext, 30 reps each

Leg Ext 2 sets of 20

Leg Press (narrow stance) 1 set of 12, 3 sets of 8 (going up in weight), 1 set of 6 -heavy

Leg Extensions Again - 12 heavy, slow pause

Leg Press - to failure

Squat 1 set 12, 2 sets of 10 (med effort), 1 set of 10 heavy, last set to failure

Lying Leg Curls - 2 sets of 12 (slow effort, squeeze at top)

Super set Calves:

Seated 2 sets of 10 slow reps

Super set with Standing 2 sets of 10

Extreme calf stretch on leg press machine

Friday: 20 min cardio interval training

Saturday: tanning, danced all night at the club

Still no training pics, but here are "pre-club" pics. Had a blast the band was fabulous!

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/09292007c.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/09292007a.jpg

Abs

Crunches (slight movements)100-30-30

Bench Leg raises 30-30-20

Shoulders

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 12x12x1, 8x15x3, 6x20x1

Lateral Raises using plate 20x10x1 each side

Triceps

Tricep Push Downs Warm-up 12x30x1, 8x40x3. 6x50x1

Skull Crushers Warm-up 12x15, 8x35x4

Stretching

I too did not get into bed until 6am this Sunday. I've never been good at getting a good nights sleep on the weekends.

I read somewhere that your brain secrets hormones @ 2AM which help with muscle recovery and are only released when you're sleeping. The weekends usually don't mean I'm in bed by 2(let alone 6 on some nights )

Keep up the ass kicking!

Thanks guys!!

I am very very strict when I eat, what works for me may not work for you and in fact most likely won't. My diet was tweaked because what worked for the rest of the world did not for me .... I ended up bloated retaining water, stomach aches lack of progress etc. So even if you try what I do you will have to change it up and find out what works for your body. The other thing, if you are a runner, most likely my diet isn't for you. My entire diet is set around muscle building and seeing that I get all my nutrition in any given day.

None comp weeks look like this:

Meal 1 - 30g protein drink mixed with 8oz water 1 tbsp flax oil, & potassium sup. coffee, and a banana

Meal 2 - 3-4 oz protein, 1 cup raw spinach w/ 1 tbsp flax oil, water, Multi Vitamin, Vit C tablet

Meal 3 - 30g protein drink mixed with 8oz water 1 tbsp natty PB & potassium & calcium sup.

Meal 4 - 3-4oz protein, 1 cup raw spinach w / 1 tbsp flax oil, water, iron sup, B12 sup

Meal 5 - 20g protein pudding w/potassium sup

As wanted: water (plenty), black coffee, green tea

Once per week a refeed day which is generally a sweet potato the size of my fist.

Thanks for posting the stats!

Yep! That makes sense. For my own progress I had to cut out some of my complex carbs in my 5 - 6 mini meals because I realized my results were slower because of how much carbs I take in doing vegetarian protein sources. Since I cut out the complex carbs and replaced them with green veggies, I've started seeing quicker results.

Again, keep up the great work! You look happier in these last sets of pictures than you did in the beginning too!

Wow! That's a strict diet!! I sure have a long way to go!!! I will slowly try to reduce my carbs (esp. bread & pasta!) and increase protein and see how I feel. Thanks for sharing! I don't think my nutritional needs are much different from yours just because I like to run, it's just cardio really.

A couple of things to keep in mind. I am gluten intolerant. Otherwise I would add 1/4 cup oats to my AM shake. You can sub spinach for broccoli or asparagus. I personally can't have broccoli since it interferes with my synthroid. I don't eat asparagus because it makes me bloat like no tomorrow, lol

Thanks for posting the stats!

Yep! That makes sense. For my own progress I had to cut out some of my complex carbs in my 5 - 6 mini meals because I realized my results were slower because of how much carbs I take in doing vegetarian protein sources. Since I cut out the complex carbs and replaced them with green veggies, I've started seeing quicker results.

Again, keep up the great work! You look happier in these last sets of pictures than you did in the beginning too!

You are welcome! It's interesting because there is no one formula for everyone. I think we have seen things that will work for the majority, and then everyone tweaks their eating and training accordingly.

Sometimes I get in a rut and have to do a change up. Such as last time I came off comp, my weight would not come back up so I could train harder. When I did the feature, I added another 6-7 hours of straight cardio in the equation and added calories, still nothing. I came off the feature and had one MAJOR cheat meal. It "kick started" my system and I gained 5 lbs, enough to help me build. Same same with training, eventually my body becomes "accustomed to the wo's and I have to change up for a bit.

Tuesday: 20min interval training on incline treadmill

Yesterday:

Crunches 3 sets 100, 30, 30

Leg Lifts (lower abs) 30, 30, 30

Bicep curls 12x12x1, 15x8x3, 20x6x1

Cable Pull Overs -50 reps

Wide Grip Pull Downs 12x30x1, 8x40x3, 6x50x1

Bent Over Rows 12x40x1, 8x60x3, 6x70x1

Low Cable Pull (rear delts) 30 each side

Rows - 30 x 40

stretching

Later Today: 20min interval training on incline treadmill

Last refeed last evening .... will eat clean rest of week, comp mode starts on Saturday!

Youngest is thriving in school and is now in drama club and field hockey. Most of her academics are all review for her, so she's pretty far ahead of her class, thus great grades. Oldest daughter has settled in well, but allowing grades to slip due to homework not being turned in. Unlike her father who would take everything from her now, I told her she has until report card to raise her grades ... i.e. giving her a chance to fix it. She came home with lots of extra credit work to try to make up for her past mistake. I'm so proud of both of them.

Socially ... are all men trouble???? lol

Decided to give ex chance to reconcile, good few days then it all went to heck. Went out dancing at the club Sat night ... on comp diet so was in a cal deficit .... this is a good piece of information to remember, lol. Was doing fine until someone handed me a shot of rumplemins 151 .... um don't remember too much after that. But I was with a friend thank goodness who made sure I got home safely and said he had to keep the sharks away, lol .....note to self .... remember on cal deficit next few weeks!!!!

Got a stalker now, and I have him blocked everywhere. But he decided to go through my myspace friends list and try to find out who would know my where abouts at any given time .... luckily one of my friends immediately let me know he was looking for me, so I hope he goes away. I won't even know it if I am talking too him since I don't know what he looks like. But I think we have a name now, so if he attempts again I'll get a restraining order at least.

Friday:

Leg Ext 2 sets of 20

Leg Press (narrow stance) 1 set of 12, 3 sets of 8 (going up in weight), 1 set of 6 -heavy

Leg Press - to failure

Squat 1 set 12, 2 sets of 10 (med effort), 1 set of 10 heavy, last set to failure

Super set Calves:

Saturday: 30 min cardio interval training

Sunday: was the celtic festival, scotch tasting ...beer, highland games, good music, great fun

Question for the Scots .... On one of the tastings it was almost pure moon shine. I was told by the person putting on the tasting that is was banned in Scotland. I have never heard that before ..... do they ban the high octane liquors over there?

The Good: Can't wait for comp .... missed my Sept one, so looking forward to getting back on stage

The Bad: where do I start? ... regarding my social life

The Ugly: My personal life is like watching a train wreck, lol .... I need to take charge of this and stop allowing the turmoil ... time to put my foot down and take charge!

Sea Siren, have you read the book "Why Men Love Bitches" or "Why Men Marry Bitches".

Her books changed my life. It is nothing like what the title says. It is basically all about mustering the strength to walk away at the earliest signs of disrespect from men. I had very very troubled relationships prior to reading her books. She has literally changed my life and in the past year, every guy that I've dated that I walked away from, came back and I had the choice as to whether I wanted to continue seeing them. I promise this was not the case in my love life before reading her books. She's amazing. I've gotten a couple phone consultations from her too. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you her email. She's very affordable and she literally changed my love life forever.

Sea Siren, have you read the book "Why Men Love Bitches" or "Why Men Marry Bitches".

Her books changed my life. It is nothing like what the title says. It is basically all about mustering the strength to walk away at the earliest signs of disrespect from men. I had very very troubled relationships prior to reading her books. She has literally changed my life and in the past year, every guy that I've dated that I walked away from, came back and I had the choice as to whether I wanted to continue seeing them. I promise this was not the case in my love life before reading her books. She's amazing. I've gotten a couple phone consultations from her too. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you her email. She's very affordable and she literally changed my love life forever.

Def. look into it, thanks! Wish I had more time in the day to read. Hopfully soon.

Went out dancing at the club Sat night ...

Yay for dancing!

I went out on Friday. Accidentally kicked some dude in the back though when he fell over and I was mid-step

Too funny!

Yesterday the plan was to get off work go to the gym do cardio & lift while the aerobics class was in session, then practice T-walks and posing, even remembered to pack my music in gym bag. Of course that did not happpen .... forgot my lifting shoes and I may be totally off base here, but I'm thinking lifting in my posing shows is a no, no.

Soooo, since the room I needed for T-Walkswas full with cardio bunnies, I went home to lift and do cardio ..... no t-walks, since I really didn't feel like driving back.

Abs

Crunches (slight movements)100-30-30

Bench Leg raises 30-30-20

Shoulders

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 12x12x1, 8x15x3, 6x20x1

Lateral Raises using plate 20x10x1 each side

Triceps

Tricep Push Downs Warm-up 12x30x1, 8x40x3. 6x50x1

Skull Crushers Warm-up 12x15, 8x35x4

20 min Interval Training on incline tread.

Stretching

Cardio is daily now (even on lifting days) cals have been cut by approx 200. Green Tea has been added to daily consumption.

Yesterday:

30min interval training on incline treadmill.

Tanning, and nails ..... did nails a bit early this time, but couldn't stand their appearance anymore, so couldn't hold off any longer, lol Hopefully they won't chip prior to contest.

It occurred to me that I was out of comp tan today, so hopefully will have it on time. Pre-registered for the first time ever (I usually register day of), but the late entry fees were much higher this round, so decided to enter early (actually last day I could without paying late fees). No backing out now, hope nothing comes up! Now I guess I better book the motel!

Oh today, I have a hair appt. So haven't decided yet, but may switch my cardio day out for my lifting day given time constraints and lift (plus cardio) tomorrow instead.

Starting to get this thing down. It may behove me to create a check list for comp starting 3 weeks out, so I am sure I have all the products, etc. I need. The mental check list isn't working as well, especially as I get closer to comp and the brain doesn't seem to work as well, lol

Wed:

T-walks posing practice with my music .... need 4 sets this time. I think I have music picked now and timing correct.

Back Ext 30-30-30

Bicep curls 12x12x1, 15x8x3, 20x6x1

Dumb Bell Pull Overs -15lbs, 50 reps

Wide Grip Pull Downs 12x40x1, 8x50x3, 6x50x1

Bent Over Rows 12x40x1, 8x60x3, 6x70x1

Low Cable Pull (rear delts) 30 each side

Rows - 30 x 40

stretching

Pretty strong for me, since I am no comp diet, was surprised I was able to pull off the same weight and in one instance kicked it up a knotch!

30 min interval training on incline treadmill

Yesterday: 30min interval training on incline treadmill

Today is leg day - woo hoo , actually used to be my favorite, but now that I take almost everything to failure it hurts like all heck .... which is a good thing since it seems to be working!

1 lb off comp weight --- yep too early for it, but I guess my body is beginning to remember how to drop rapidly.

THOUGHT I was going out for a quick dinner (still on comp diet, and had something I could order) and then home. But Nooooo! Got a drink from the bar from one of my ex's sent to my table, I though t "oh great here we go". So ex I was with (yeah I know) wanted to meet other ex and it was an ex fest. lol Instead of trashing me, like I thought they would they were in more of a a competition. Amusing at first, but after several drinks and a bar change (insert on comp diet here, so low BF and low cals) .... the sharks were circling and winking and nodding all around me, I thought I was in the Twilight Zone or on some kind of candid camera, it's never been that bad before. Ex's got mad at each other and took off, sharks descended quite quickly. One ex realized he just stranded me (and left me for the sharks) turned around came to blows with the one shark who wouldn't take no for an answer from me, and then drove me home. All in all quite an evening ..... yes aware I should have told first ex to go home after dinner, so really quite my fault for staying out .... but what a show to be had! lol

OK dilemma ... going out with another ex this evening just for kicks and giggles, we are actually good friends now and he like to take me out (we'll call him train wreck... which is why I love going out with him, it's like watching one). Supposed to go to a wedding and over nighter with one of my current BF (we'll call him "B" for type "B" male) ... turns out a friend from the gym is celebrating his birthday at one of the clubs same night!!! Party of the century, I know so many people going and want to go to B-Day party way more (can go with train wreck again) then go to wedding with B? I guess it would be REALLY bad for me to cancel now huh? But I don't think I see a future with B ... don't want to have to stay over night, because I am sure he has expectations, and feel like I am prob wasting my time. But he's really sweet which is why I said I would so he would not have to go alone .... But did I say party of the century same night????

Got a stalker now, and I have him blocked everywhere. But he decided to go through my myspace friends list and try to find out who would know my where abouts at any given time .... luckily one of my friends immediately let me know he was looking for me, so I hope he goes away. I won't even know it if I am talking too him since I don't know what he looks like. But I think we have a name now, so if he attempts again I'll get a restraining order at least.

where do I start? ... regarding my social life

The Ugly: My personal life is like watching a train wreck, lol .... I need to take charge of this and stop allowing the turmoil ... time to put my foot down and take charge![/color]

As if you needed a stalker to add to the list

As if you needed a stalker to add to the list

too true!

Friday:

Leg Ext 2 sets of 20

Leg Press - to failure

Super set Calves:

Posing practice and T-Walks in new suit (makes it easier to see body, then in gym wear)

See bad cell phone photos of new pink suit. I'll get better photos from a "real " camera later. The designer did an excellent job on the crystals, I absolutely love her work.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/pktop1.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/pktop2.jpg

Saturday: 20 min cardio interval training

tanning

100% comp mode now. In case you were wondering, I hit comp weight so quickly I backed off the cardio a bit right now.

The plan is:

Today - Shoulders & Tri's, abs, lower back, cardio, tanning

Tuesday - Back & Bi's, cardio, abs lower back

Wednesday - Legs, abs, lower back, tanning, begin applying comp tan, begin packing for comp

Thursday - cardio, abs, back, second coat comp tan

Friday - leave for comp, abs, last app of comp tan if necessary, bronzer

Sat - comp

Just bought a new suit for bikini round and a new one for fitness wear round. I am debating and going back and for on a rio cut string hot pink bikini or my red white and blue (usa) bikini which has "sparklies" in the fabric.

Here is an old pic of the USA one (before I had abs and at least 15lbs ago.... wow when did that happen?):

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/amer22e.jpg

Socially (if you're still following). Because it would have been so wrong on so many levels to cancel last minute I went to the wedding (darn my conscience). The wedding was ..... well I wish them well and let's just say I am SO happy to be back home!

WOW! You look incredible!!! All of your hard work has definetly paid off! You are one of my role models. I'm sorry to hear about all your man troubles. I find it surprising that you drink, do you mind me asking what you drink?

Thank-you! I really appreciate the compliment. It really does take a lot of time, especially this week, with cardio, lifting and posing, I'll be in the gym 2 to 2-1/2 hours per session this week.

Rum and diet is my drink of choice. I actually stopped for a bit and saw no gains or loses in my workout. Started again (in the eve's) and see no gains or losses. The gentleman who designed my leg routine places always top in the heavy weight bbing comps drinks as well. As he said, It just depends on the person. Some people would gain weight or have problems if they did.