Back To School

Yea I need straps for that shit.

Anywho, I'm sitting around on Friday, bored as hell so here's my log from earlier. I lifted with my buddy. I'm gonna whip him into shape.

Squats

warmup

1x5@205

1x5@215

1x5@225

Felt good.

Negative Incline Sitdowns

6 sets till fail

Leg press

3x6@350

Abdominal Cable Pulldowns

3x20@90

I'm gonna go running(ekh) and biking tomorrow so I took it easy. Next week is going to be way more intense.

So that running never happened because I got a wee bit too drunk and made out with this really cool vegetarian girl who I again hung out with into the wee hours of the morning Saturday night-Sunday morning(sober) and I have a huge thing for now. Wish me luck!

Today was back and shoulders. Not the best day thanks to like the 11 hours of sleep I got all weekend(5AMSAT-12PMSAT then 7AM-11AM(i'm not kidding, we talked from like 2 in the morning till 6, and then well... i don't kiss and tell ) I did get to go sing with my fraternity at a nursing home and it went really well.

Deadlifts

3x5@100kg

Way too easy so I upped the weight.

2x5@105

Next week I'm starting at 110kg. Gotta get back up to 120kg and then try and get a good max lift.

Shrugs

1x6@295(wayyy too heavy)

4x6@275(perfect)

Overhead press

1x8@95

3x5@115

1x6@95

Seated Row

2x8@150

1x7@150 fail on 8

There was the entire damn basketball team in the weight room and not a single damn one of them had any fucking weight room etiquette. One of them started fucking around the weights I was using to shrug. It's a damn good thing I'm always in a good mood when I'm lifting or I would've smacked his stupid jock-strap bro chauvinist pig ass. I was really tired on top of that so combined with the jocko-douchebaggery I figured I'd leave early with at least a good lift(not a great one).

Time to eat some spinach!

Grrreat lift today.

Bench

1x8@135

3x5@185

1x6@135

Hammer Curls

3x8@40

Cable Pulldowns

3x8@110

DB bench

2x8@50s

1x7(fail @50s

Curls

3x12@25

Overhand one handed tricep pulldowns

3x12@40

Incline DB bench

1x8@45

1x7(fail @45

1x6(fail 7)@45

Underhand Triceps Pulldown

3x12@30

Skullcrushers

1x6@25s+ez-curl(fuck hard lame ouch wrists)

[email protected]+ez-curl(hurt my wrists so I stopped)

Uberslow preacher curls

3x10@ez-curl+15(gonna up the weight next time)

Worked my ass off. Gonna actually get a good nights sleep tonight. I'm excited.

You don't do very many sets. Do you have any pattern, or just what you feel like doing?

I generally do 3 sets of 8(or more) on lifts i'm using to sculpt muscle and I'm working towards being able to do 5 sets of 5 on my "power" type lifting lifts.

Another thing I do is that with the last 6 lifts(not the skullcrushers or preacher curls) are grouped into super sets.

So basically 1 set tricep pulldowns, 1 set curls, 1 set DB bench and then repeat 2 more times. And then the next super set is One handed pulldowns, curls, reverse one handed pulldowns, incline DB bench. I do this to keep my heart rate up at the end.

In about a month I should have a much more solid workout plan possibly with more days lifting. I'm still trying to find a time I can squeeze cardio in. My college schedule is very busy.

I had a fanfuckingtastic lift today.

Squats

warm up 1x6@135

a little stretching

3x5@225

1x5@215

My form kicked ass but god damn I was tired.

Negative Sit Ups(sit downs I suppose)

5 sets till fail, done much closer together than before

Ab pull downs

5x20@80

Leg press

3x8@290

Went lighter on that today

Leg Curl

3x8@130

Felt really good. I think they turned the heat up cause I was sweating more today than I have all this year combined.

Time to make some Thai green curry!

I had a crap day lifting today. Just wasn't in the mood combined with being drained from certain activities this weekend.

Anywho here are the lifts

Deadlifts

4x10@135lbs(60KG)

My legs were killing me so I took it easy.

Shrugs

5x6@275

I surprised myself with shrugs and rocked the crap out of them. Probably because deadlifts were easy style.

Seated Rows

3x8@150

also pretty easy.

Side Rows

3x8@55

I'm going to kick my ass on wednesday to make up for this crap today.

Studying was last week(I had 3 tests in one day).

I actually had a bunch of stuff.

Friday night watched Metalocalypse with the metal heads(there's 3 of them at my school and I love them all), then got up at 8AM(fuck) to play a damn band concert(which was terrible because musicians don't do that crap), then got back showered, went to play in the pep band for the football game(it was homecoming weekend), ran back to the apartment, showered again(it was a record high, thank you republicans), went to an Alumni reception for Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia(my music fraternity I'm in) then had our founder's day ceremony, then hung out at Ihop(yick, no vegan yummies), got some IPA and Goose Island, watched Saw and did other shenanigans and then had sex till 4:30 in the morning.

Sunday I ate and cleaned.

I had a lot of fun and don't regret any of it, I was just exhausted. Thankfully this week I've had a lot of classes canceled so it's pretty light.

(it was a record high, thank you republicans)

Don't place the blame on someone else, you are just as responsible as anyone.

I like to smack talk them as often as possible. It's actually a risky endeavor at my school.

And I beg to differ that I'm equally responsible. I know I am part of it but I do not have as much power as a politician and I sure as hell didn't vote for any republican.

Now if Ron Paul gets the nomination...

I know I am part of it .

Good, everyone is.

So is the sun, considering there's good scientific evidence to show every other planet in the solar system warming as well.

Not to say that we don't have an impact on warming through our actions, which is undeniable.

I'm not a fan of Paul...he's not honest enough. Huckabee who I disagree with on nearly everything is the only honest republican up there that doesn't seem to cater to the lobby....he may agree with them but he doesn't cater to them. On the demogratic side the only people I trust are Grabel and Kucinich. They are both crazy and have not chance at all but they are both honest. Well Kucinich is just crazy to the general public...not to me. Out of possible winners of primaries I'm not happy about voting this term. If Hillary wins I'm really hoping moneybags Bloomberg runs.

Good day today

Bench

1x8@135

5x5@185

nailed it!!! Gonna up the weights next week!!!

DB Bench

3x8@50s

DB Incline Bench

3x8@40s

going to move both of those up.

My triceps were being wonky today. No clue why. You'll note the #s

Tricep Pulldown

1x10@100

1x8@110

1x8@120

One handed pulldown

1x10@50

1x8@50

1x8@60

One handed reverse pulldown

1x8@40

1x8@40

1x10@30

I just couldn't find anything consistent at all.

Barbell curls with 45 lbs olympic bar

3x12

Good lift. I'm adding cardio in on weekends. Should be fun to see the results of that in a month. I bet it'll be interesting to see how much fat I can shed.

My goals for my body as of today are:

Build strength

Tone muscles, but mainly go for a big ol' strongman look

cut fat from stomach area(bleh, this is the sucky goal)

Improve cardiovascular strength

I'm focusing more on an all around lifting routine this year. Last year was big time powerlifting. I'm sure I'll switch my focuses around a few times this year just to keep things interesting.

Ok lift considering I stressed about my math test and got very little sleep.

(for no good reason either, the professor says he's doing a time curve which is good because myself and about 99 percent of the class didn't finish.

Squats

1x8@135

3x5@225

My back felt really odd so I stopped. Didn't hurt it but it felt super weak today.

Leg press

3x8@340

Felt awesomeeeee.

Negative Incline Sit Downs

5 sets of about 30 seconds or till fail.

Ab pulldowns

3x20@80

Leg curls

3x8@130

Gonna do some cardio tomorrow. Ughh, hopefully I can start loving cardio as much as I've started loving squats.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had fall break and didn't lift at all because I was home. I come back and find out I can no longer lift on Monday because apparently our shitty basketball team needs the weight room to themselves. Whatever.

Anyway I'm going to be doing back and shoulders on sunday now.

Today was a light chest and arms day because I have a recital tomorrow. Can't play trombone with sore muscles. I've tried.

Bench

1x8@135

1x5@185

2x5@190

1x2@190(I got tired fast)

1x8@135

Triceps pulldowns

3x8@110

Preacher Curls

20 on each side of an easy curl bar

3x8

DB bench

3x8@55s

Cooled down and went back to the apartment where I sit typing this. Probably going to have some gluten free pasta with vegan pesto my mommy made me over fall break. Maybe toss in some tempeh sauted in olive oil. Gonna keep it light tonight though.