rack lockout contest

Ok I finally got around to giving this a go.

My girlfriend was ill, so didn't get to much training done last week (nice birthday for her ).

I actually added this on the end as I forgot about the 20 rep squat thing & had done my squats before I thought about it

So, this was done after my legs yest:

I got 140Kg pronated grip

& 200Kg mixed (reverse) grip

Infact I got them a few times as you all know the probs with digital cameras, but I thought as there was only me here I'd better get a record.

If I'd thought about it I would have gone for 210Kg, as I weight around the 70Kg mark, so that would have been double bodyweight pronated grip & triple bodyweight mixed grip. That would have been a nice starting place, but as it is it's double & a bit below the triple

Anyway, heres the pics:

Hmm, I just noticed you can't see both hands on the pronated 140Kg, you'll just have to trust me on that

http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/pete/pete-rack-lockout/140pronated.jpg

The mixed for 200Kg (you see it all here):

http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/pete/pete-rack-lockout/200mixed.jpg

& as a bonus a special, "You missed getting a pic of the lift again " distressed Pete thinking of having to get it up again (okay, no jokes!)

http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/pete/pete-rack-lockout/late-pic.jpg

Final points, the only aid I used was chalk (good old Southdowns chalk, none of your commerial rubbish ), no belt, I didn't use a hand & thigh grip, but, what I suppose you'd call, a normal deadlift grip (about shoulder width), oh yea & nothing like a hook grip, just a standard grip.

good pictures pete! i should get some too but i dont have loads of hair to cover my excruciating contorted face when i lift!

common guys - we need more people to give this a go. and one of ya has to beat me cos i dont want to start a table with me at the top!

jonathan

Good job, Pete! 200kg is pretty heavy!

And a good idea to make photos!

good pictures pete! i should get some too but i dont have loads of hair to cover my excruciating contorted face when i lift!

Yes, that's my excuse, too!

common guys - we need more people to give this a go. and one of ya has to beat me cos i dont want to start a table with me at the top!

Then you're gonna wait a looong time to start the table, big John! Even when you stop improving on this NOW

Jonathon said:

I agree with daywalker unless you can get Ryan to give this a go you're going to be top dog for a while yet.

I think 221Kg looks like my short term mixed grip goal, what do you reckon Alex

I think 221Kg looks like my short term mixed grip goal, what do you reckon Alex

I think do what you want

My short term goal is the German Open on october 29, then the NABBA Newcomer, then the NABBA German Open, and then the European Championship on decmber 3rd

Strength has low priorityx at the moment.

BUT if you do 221 kg, i promise i'll do 230! Deal?

nice work michael - bloody good work considering you had no chalk!

want to know something scary? my girlfriend, kathryn locked out 165kg (363lb) a little while back. if the range of motion is low, she is really really really strong. on bench lockouts (top 2inches of the movement) she locked out 90kg pretty easily (her max is 40kg for full range bench). gotta address the imbalances there!

keep up the good work guys, hope to see some new numbers soon (especially from you ryan!)

jonathan

did a bit of rack locking out today, though im getting increasingly annoyed that i can only get 300kg on the bar! lol!

here is the picture of the 300kg lockout, which is equal to my old best, though this time i did it belt free

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/bob280784/300kglockout.jpg

and then i did a few 1 hand lockouts afterwards; this is both hands with 100kg, which is challenging for the left but pretty easy on the right. did 120kg afterwards on the right, though i only held it for a second before it rolled out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/bob280784/100kg1handlockout.jpg

also earlier in the session i locked out 200kg double overhand pretty easily, though 220 rolled out almost straight away! and finally, i closed the CoC#2 with my right with three fingers for the first time

good grip session

jonathan

• 1 month later...

got a new pb on rack lockout using my friend brian's swanky new power cage. i also used his brand new bar, which is a little thicker than most, and so very knarled and rough! my callouses are very sore today!

305kg - 671lb, for an easy 1,2 count. it was a little tricky getting it off the pins, but once up, the grip wasnt an issue. i think that i could have done 315-320kg. i had done alot of lockout reps before that.

jonathan

• 1 month later...