Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:34 pm 
Gorilla

I did an hour long back, biceps, and core workout this morning. I love bent over rows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:39 pm 
Mastodon

markc7 wrote:
I did an hour long back, biceps, and core workout this morning. I love bent over rows!

I do too, however I recently tried t bar rows, I like them more.

335 Squat

Post subject: 1st training run
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:30 pm 
Ok, so off to a slow start. I had planned to run on the weekend, but I ended up getting a cold and spent the entire long weekend in bed. So, when I started to feel better I decided to do an easy run on the treadmill at the gym. It's been forever since I last used a treadmill and I guess I forgot how boring it was. I had my music to listen to and the TVs to watch, but still after only about 10 minutes my brain had completely turned off and I started to fatigue. Oh sure, I can run 100 miles in a hilly forest, but 10 minutes on a treadmill nearly killed me. :) I did manage to get to a whopping 15 minutes before I decided to just walk it off and get changed. Oh, I guess it didn't help that I got a little bit competitive with the guys on each side of me who kept checking out my display and then increasing thier speed. Overall I wasn't happy with the run, but it was certainly an experience:

Lessons learned:

1) Don't race the people around me when I'm not training for a race (this is base training remember)

2) Don't do a tempo run at a high incline as my first training run after a long race.

3) Run outdoors, it's much more stimulating.

I guess I'm going to have to get out my long sleeve shirt, suck it up, and get outside. There, I said it....well, someone had to. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:39 pm 
Gorilla

I did a legs workout this morning. I focused mostly on deadlifts and squats. Not having done much training in July and August really hurt my progress on these two lifts, but I'm happy to report that I'm back to doing sets of both deadlifts and squats over 200 lbs. I've been increasing the weight slowly but surely, and I know I can go much higher yet. It's mostly a mental thing really; my body feels strong enough to lift more but I'm wanting to be extra careful with my form so I don't hurt myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:43 pm 
Gorilla

Chest, triceps and shoulders today. I was running a bit late so my workout was shorter than planned, but I still got in a bunch of good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:33 pm 
Gorilla

I did back and biceps today at the gym. When I these muscles, I like to do several sets of each exercise with slightly different grips or postures in each set. For example, I do bent over barbell row with over and underhand grips at various widths. That way I hit the muscle from every possible angle, and can do more and longer sets than if I was doing the same form for each set. Also, I leave the gym with a great pump this way! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:37 pm 
Mastodon

Mark work your traps some and I think you'll have one of the best physiques around here! That's the only place I see you lacking in at least.

Keep up the awesome work! I'll do back and biceps tonight as well. :)

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:50 pm 
Gorilla

Zack wrote:
Mark work your traps some and I think you'll have one of the best physiques around here! That's the only place I see you lacking in at least.

Keep up the awesome work! I'll do back and biceps tonight as well. :)

Thanks Zack. I do shrugs as part of my shoulder workout, but probably haven't mentioned them since, honestly, they aren't my favourite exercise. But I do them anyways. ;) Good luck with the back and biceps work tonight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:58 am 
Gorilla

Cool, Richard and Robert posed my profile on the main page. Check it out: http://veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_coates :D

Last edited by markc7 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:56 pm 
Gorilla

This morning I did a core and legs workout. I didn't have alot of time, and some other guy was using the squat rack for most of the time I was at the gym. But it was still a decent workout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:45 pm 
Gorilla

Today's workout was chest, shoulders and triceps. Nothing too special to write about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:29 pm 
Gorilla

Today was fall break day for undergraduates, so the gym was pretty empty. I did a back and biceps workout. I've been doing small angle training (many different grips/positions on each exercise) for about three weeks now. I've seen some big improvements, but it's a very tiring type of workout and I'm starting to feel it. I'm going to keep doing it for one more week, then take a week of relative rest before switching up my routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Nice!

I'd love to see pics of the updated biceps :) Keep up the awesome work man!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:40 pm 
Gorilla

robert wrote:
Nice!

I'd love to see pics of the updated biceps :) Keep up the awesome work man!

You got it. Next week. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:04 pm 
Gorilla

I did a quick deadlifts workout today. I did a couple other exercises as well, but mostly I was just at the gym to work on deadlifts. I'm still increasing my weight on those slowly but surely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next