CALENDAR PROJECT

Daywalker

I could probably post ads around campus? I don't know how effective that is, or what the most effective way would be, but I'm sure there's got to be some sort of market on campus? Ideas?

Do you have a veggie/animal rights group on campus?! Maybe they could sell them???

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay

Today we spent 7 hours nonstop work on the calendar. It's almost finished and will go to print next week.

We also breainstormed how to distribute it. Here are our ideas so far:

- We emailed German vegan online stores and asked them if they want to buy (small profit for us to donate) and re-sell it (small profit for them).

- We will email animal rights groups and vegan organizations. We will sell the calendar cheaper to them (at production cost) and they will be allowed to keep the profit of the re-selling.

- We will go to shops, health stores etc. in the area and ask if they want to sell the calendar.

- We will encourage vegans to buy several copies not only for presents, but also for re-selling.

You all could buy some copies to distribute to your local AR groups. It's winning on all sides: we can sell more copies and cover our expenses, the AR groups can keep the profit they make and the vegan message is being spread.

I sure hope you all will buy dozens to distribute among your friends and family

The smallest number i have to let print is 500 copies, that would cost me around 4'200$! The more i let print, the cheaper each copy gets, but of course the total gets more. So, i count on you to help me not ruining myself!

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and commitment, it's truly a great vegan joint project

Love and peace,

Daywalker

$4,200 WOW, I had no idea it cost you so much to print them! I'm so glad you're seeing this project through; I think it's really awesome.

What do you anticipate the cost being per calendar for us to buy them?

I will do my best to get as many calendars out there as possible! Everyone I know is getting one from me!

What do you anticipate the cost being per calendar for us to buy them?

It depends how much calendars one buys and for what use. AR groups will get the best price and be allowed to keep the profit. Shops, vegan restaurants etc. pay a slightly higher price, because i want to make a little profit on them and donate that. The consumers will pay around 12.50$ for a single copy (plus shipping, but that's not so high as i expected), that's also the price i recommend to the re-sellers.

I can't promise yet, but i estimate if a group takes more than 20, it will be 7.50$ per copy, that's zero profit for me. The other re-sellers will be somewhere in between, around 9.95$ i'd say. These prices are calculated with exchange rate Dollar:Euro = 1:1.25

I will do my best to get as many calendars out there as possible! Everyone I know is getting one from me!

Good girl!

It's the same for me - i don't have to worry much about christmas this year

I had to cut the bio's a little, the space is quite small under the pics (didn't want to cut the pics!). The pictures are great, awesome, the calendar is fantastic. I'm impressed by Andreas, the guy behing Voice Design. He's a pro.

I actually think that my pictures are the worst in the whole calendar I was so busy organizing the calendar i didn't take decent shots. K-oz and Andreas disagree, though. I think they want to cheer me up

• 3 weeks later...

Is that website affiliated with you Alex ? ie, will you get the money if calendars are bought from that website or will they be available on this website ?

(I went on www.so-ja.de and I can get to the calendar, but after that I can't understand a word of it -- sorry I'm not very fluent in German. )

Hey!

Yes, we were busy promoting the calendar

Robert will distribute the calendar for the USA, Canada and the rest of the world in his shop (where the T-Shirts are). I hope he gets his computer problems fixed soon, so that he can put the calendar into the shop!

so-ja.de is the distributor for Europe. I sell the calendars to them, so the more calendars are bought from them, the more they order from me

They wanted to make it more expensive, but i fought for a low price, as it is a non-profit project for the animals. The cheaper it is, the more people will buy it But i see that they are a small shop and have their expenses, too.

Buy, my friends, buy!

I have to sell at least 600 copies in order to get the money back i invested!

The calendar turned out great, believe me, the layout is cool

It's pages are ~11.8 by 16.5 inches, it has 14 full color pages (cover, 12 months, back page) and is in English as well as in German.

Daywalker

I can't wait to be able to order mine! I'm unemployed right now, so unfortunately I'll only be able to buy one at the moment. But as soon as I have a job I'll buy more and give them to friends!

I hope this goes well so that there will be a 2007 calendar as well! Maybe by then I will be fit enough to submit a picture of my own!

Sorry I've been out of the loop, I haven't read all the recent updates on this thread but as far as I know, I should be distributing them within the US. I think the boxes will arrive at my mailbox soon and then I'll get them up on my products page (which will be updated and improved soon) so everyone in the US can order with pretty cheap shipping and fast delivery.

I look forward to seeing the final product too!

-Robert

HEY!

I have 160 copies here which are going to be send to Robert for distribution tomorrow.

We did a LOT of advertsing here in Germany, i think we can sell quite a few. I think we'll sell at least 3 times the number Robert is going to sell in the USA And i hope it!

The biggest vegetarian magazine (the official magazine of Germany's vegetarian society) will have the calendar on their next cover! They asked me if they could put it as title story and use one of the pictures. I said "No way!" Of course i didn't say that, more like "Sure thing mister!"

So probably Topher's abs are going to decorate the next issue

Told you it was all about the abs

I'm sorry to say that Topher's fantastic abs are (almost) the only abs in the calendar...

I made many pics and it was hard to choose, but you won't find my abs in there. I thought when choosing the pictures that Tophers abs are enough for any calendar so i decided to show my back instead

Hey Boys and Girls!

I got the calendar today and it is really great! I liked especially the texts describing the athlets and of course the pics are fantastic.

But Alex: What kind of underwear is that? For a photoshooting you could have choosen something sexier . And Robert: What exactly are you doing in that garden? Maybe I just do not have that sense for art.

Anyway: If you plan a calendar for 2007 I would be glad to join! I already have some ideas for pictures...

Alex: Great job!

Hey Boys and Girls!

I got the calendar today and it is really great! I liked especially the texts describing the athlets and of course the pics are fantastic.

But Alex: What kind of underwear is that? For a photoshooting you could have choosen something sexier . And Robert: What exactly are you doing in that garden? Maybe I just do not have that sense for art.

Anyway: If you plan a calendar for 2007 I would be glad to join! I already have some ideas for pictures...

Hehe, that's not a garden And I know that cuz I took the picture Wheee, it's almost like being in the calendar myself!!!!

I wish I had my copy....I hope I can get it soon!

I got the calendar today

Awesome!!

So-Ja.de was fast!!

I liked especially the texts describing the athlets

Of course, as i wrote them ...

But Alex: What kind of underwear is that? For a photoshooting you could have choosen something sexier

*cough*

What would you suggest then?

Less fabric? More? Another color? Tell me

Thank you! I'm really glad you like it!!

It was quite some work, but i'm contended with the result.

In two weeks you'll have yours, i promise!

(shipping to the US takes that long, unless you want to pay double for express ervice (which means 540$!))

Ned, that depends on how well it sells this year.

I'm anxious about that, because i have to put up the 4'500 Euro the printing costs. If i can't sell enough copies, i won't be doing this again!

But if i sell enough, i'll definitely do it again next year.

I learned through the production process and think i'll be better next time As will be the calendar

But i'll start planning that in march.

I liked especially the texts describing the athlets

Of course, as i wrote them ...

But Alex: What kind of underwear is that? For a photoshooting you could have choosen something sexier

*cough*

What would you suggest then?

Less fabric? More? Another color? Tell me

In two weeks you'll have yours, i promise!

(shipping to the US takes that long, unless you want to pay double for express ervice (which means 540$!))

Ouch....I'll try having some patience for once, that's an insane amount of money!

And common, what could Alex where that WOULDN'T be sexy? He's totally hot and his body is perfect He should wear a paper sack just to make things fair on the rest of the world