Contest Training Journal for markc7 and WendyRC

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was fall break day for undergraduates, so the gym was pretty empty. I did a back and biceps workout. I've been doing small angle training (many different grips/positions on each exercise) for about three weeks now. I've seen some big improvements, but it's a very tiring type of workout and I'm starting to feel it. I'm going to keep doing it for one more week, then take a week of relative rest before switching up my routine.

Thanks Zack. Yeah, it's getting there. Taking a couple weeks off of running and focusing on hard workouts at the gym has made a big difference. It makes me wonder what I would be capable of doing if I focused 100% on bodybuilding...

There's a BB competition here in town in a couple weeks, and I might check it out to see if it's something I'd want to do in the future. We'll see.

For today's workout, I pushed myself a bit harder than usual since it was my last time doing this workout for a little while. I did a biceps, back, and abs. This will be my last small angle training workout for now. I've seen some great results but it's pretty demanding and I'm getting a bit run down. So next week I'm going to do exclusively bodyweight exercises and maybe some freerunning. Then I'll see where I'm at and decide whether to switch it up to a pure strength program or something else. If I decide to do that total body competition that pamela mentioned, I might split up my training days into deadlifts, bench, and body weight endurance.

I've got some pics taken today, and I'll post them in a little while. They look ok, although I'm not as defined as a couple months ago when I was running lots.

• 4 weeks later...

Before the site went dark this week, I mentioned that my back was a bit sore. It was feeling better Tuesday afternoon, so I tried going for a run. A couple minutes in it kinda seized up and felt alot worse. So I'm going to take some time off from running and weights until my back feels 100%.

I'm going stir-crazy already, though. Five days without exercise is rough. It's not as bad as tapering for a big race, but I'm not enjoying it.

Thanks robert.

After almost two weeks of exactly zero activity (apart from walking maybe 30 minutes/day), my back is finally feeling better again. I don't know exactly what i did to it, but I'm going to be extra careful for the next little while, because this this not something that I want to experience again.

I may go for a run tomorrow, but it is supposed to be very cold all day. Like, -25C with the windchill. So if I do a long run it'll probably wait until Sunday. But we'll see.

Well, today isn't much warmer than yesterday, but I went for a run anyways. I ran for about an hour in the snow and wind. It was quite cold running into the wind for the first 30 minutes, then it was actually fairly warm on the way back. It felt good to get back out there again.

• 2 weeks later...