Ed's food log.

I'm joining in, and I'll post what it is I eat. I'm not trying to gain mass amounts of muscle or anything like that, but it would be interesting to note trends over time with what it is I eat.

Today I had:

Breakfast:

2 cups homemade almond milk (Almonds, dates, vanilla, water)

1 cup fresh orange juice

1 bowl oatmeal with raisins

After the gym:

2 apples

1 banana

Getting home:

1 cup fresh tangerine juice

1 small handful of carob chips

Getting kind of hungry. I'm making pea soup for dinner and Michelle and I are probably going to cook some rice & beans too.

Getting kind of hungry. I'm making pea soup for dinner and Michelle and I are probably going to cook some rice & beans too.

I came home a little later than intended and we were all ravenous, so we hit the local Mediterranean buffet. I didn't really catch all that Ed ate, but I can tell you that it involved plenty of rice & lentils, salads, hummus, at least a dozen falafel, and three plates. I had the same stuff, at a quantity of about 1/3 - plus pita bread and baklava.

Good news is, the pea soup is a bit closer to done...

I came home a little later than intended and we were all ravenous, so we hit the local Mediterranean buffet. I didn't really catch all that Ed ate, but I can tell you that it involved plenty of rice & lentils, salads, hummus, at least a dozen falafel, and three plates. I had the same stuff, at a quantity of about 1/3 - plus pita bread and baklava.

Good news is, the pea soup is a bit closer to done...

....Add on what she said I ate to the list for today.

Nice to see the journal going!

Keep it up and if you have time/interest/energy at the end of each day list the amount of calories consumed and ounces of water consumed.

I'll update mine at the end of the night to reflect all the daily totals.

Thanks for starting this log!

Nice to see the journal going!

Keep it up and if you have time/interest/energy at the end of each day list the amount of calories consumed and ounces of water consumed.

I'll update mine at the end of the night to reflect all the daily totals.

Thanks for starting this log!

I don't know, I go through a LOT of water, but I'm trying to keep up a bit with totals, we'll see how this thing evolves as time passes.

This post is going to be edited as the day passes, but:

9:45 am

1 glass fresh OJ.

2 glass OJ & Tangerine.

1 cup fried lentils & onions

2 bowls gold pea soup

Some of Michelle's Carob Brownies.

1 big salad (spinach, basil, tomatoes, red pepper, 2 avocados)

1 banana

1 spoonful of almond butter.

Started the day with some oatmeal with some peanut butter and some water, and it's about 1:30 so I'll probably have something for lunch soon. I joked that I haven't been eating, but I haven't been very hungry in the past couple of days, which is kind of cool to take a break when I feel I don't need it, since I'm not trying to pack on any muscle or anything.

Yesterday I probably had too much salt to eat, but I had:

- Lunch at a Mediterranean buffet (Falafel, hummus, some salads, watermelon, a little rice & lentils).

- 5 cups of orange and/or Orange & Grapefruit blend.

- 1 apple

- 2 kiwis

- Dates

- 1 can of soup (this is probably where "too much salt" kicks in. I got home from the gym and we had no oatmeal or anything heavy to eat.)

I noticed I've been eating very low calorie for the most part, and I think I'm going to try to start upping that just a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's taken about a month to get to a 2nd page on this.

I haven't been eating at my absolute best (I'm home in PA), and have had Chinese a couple of times, and a lot of energy bars, but a lot of apples, some hemp seeds, oatmeal, clementines, bananas and a big salad with about a pound of romaine, so I'm doing all right. I don't really have exact values, but I'll try to post up stuff as it comes along.