Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:02 am 
Elephant

Back in the gym still, just not posting as much. I found a great thing today! It is Planet Sunrise on the cable TV, on the Discovery channel, in the gym. Except for the annoying commercials it interjects every 15 minutes or so, it is so cool to watch as I am treadmilling! Today I just thought about being there and running through the beach and the surrounding foothills. And all those wildflowers starting to open up in the sun! And it is warm there! I did peek at the next TV that showed a snow storm heading my way! but then I went back to the Planet Sunrise and sighed. Did 5.6 miles today in my 60 minute time period, and enjoyed the bird sounds and the sights of some beach and foothills during late spring with the wildflowers unfurling their petals with dew as the sunlight came up and engulfed them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:28 pm 
Elephant

Today is rest day due to the start of my cycle. I can not leave the bathroom or the couch today, even though I want to go run and should do Back and Triceps. Loading up on Vegan Iron too cause I don't want to go back to being anemia. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:48 pm 
Elephant

Headed in late to the gym, but I was treadmilling by 10 AM for the hour. Did the top most of 5 1/2 miles in 60 minutes again. A little tired yet so I crashed for an hour this afternoon. And I looked at my schedule and noticed that it was Chest and Bicep day (not Back and Tricep that I thought yesterday). So I went in around 3 PM with my son and worked out.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 90/25 warmup, 170/15, 180/8 (my PB was 200/10 so that is my goal)

Cybex Flyes: 80/15, 80/8 (my PB was 90/10 so that is my goal)

Smith Incline Chest Press: 70/10, 80/8(+2 with the help of my son) (my PB was 90/10)

Cable Flyes: 40/12, 50/8 (PB was 60/eight)

LifeFitness Dumbell Grip Chest Press: 105/8 (PB was 120/eight)

Have some work to do on Chest to get back up where I was last year, and keep up with my marathon training/running long distances.

Bicep Cable Curl: 90/15, 100/8 (new bar that is heavier than the one I loved but the gym owner got rid of it due to hazardous condition? so my PB 120/8 can still be a goal with the new heavy bar)

Hammer Curl: 25/15, 30/12 (+3 cheating ones) (PB was 30/15)

EZ bar Curls: 20/15, 30/6 (+2 cheating - rocking motion to get it up and then slowly let it down) (PB 40/6)

Overhead Bicep Curls: 5/6 (PB 5/10)

Well I have some work to do to get back up to where I was last year with the weights. Now to juggle running in the morning with that. And with Leg and Shoulder day in there somewhere too. This will be fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:32 pm 
Elephant

Friday I did 5 1/2 mile treadmill run again in the morning. Spent most of the day mall shopping and then went to a company Christmas party in Detroit, MI.

I now have a goal of losing weight. I shall have to be aware of everything I ingest. My exercise routine is pretty well established, I just have to work on the nutrition part and make sure my metabolism is going well and not shutting down (which is my suspicions of what is happening now).

Saturday morning I did only 5 miles on the treadmill (feeling fatigued - though I had no alcohol and slept OK). Even though I have some housechores, cooking to do, and some errands to do, I plan to head to the gym and workout. . . .plus a nap in there too :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:32 pm 
Elephant

No nap on Saturday :roll:

Around 4 PM, I took my son with me to the gym and we worked out Back and Triceps:

Hammer Strength Iso Row: 90/25warmups, 140/15, 160/15, 180/12

Cable Lat Pulldowns: 90/20, 100/15, 110/8

Hyperextensions: 35lb plate/25 for 4 sets

Shrugs: 220/25 for 4 sets

Back was sore for some reason today. I knew I did them heavy the last time I was in, but that was last week sometime. I was moving boxes around the house so maybe that was it.

Rope Cable Tricep Pushdown: 70/25warmups, 80/15, 90/12, 100/8

Overhead Cable Tricep Extension: 30/25w, 4/15, 5/8

Bench Dips: Body weight on two benches/25 for 4 sets

Still have alot of work to get back to where I was last winter with the weights, if I can. The long one hour treadmilling makes me tired by afternoon. Don't want to overdo it though.

Watching what I eat now that I want to get the pounds off. Back on Hemp protein shakes in between meals to keep the hungries away. Night time is the hardest, so I am eating popcorn again. Seems to help a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:38 pm 
Elephant

Sunday was a rest day since we were hit with a winter advisory and we listened to the wind howl around the house as it came across our lake.

Monday was more of the same kind of weather, but I still got to the gym with my son to work on Legs and Shoulders.

Shoulders were first:

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25warmups, 70/15, 90/8

Dumbell Lateral Raises: 15/25warmups, 20/15, 25/10

Icarian Rear delts: 50/15, 60/10

Icarian Shoulder Press/Dumbell Grip: 70/15, 80/10, 90/6

No break as my son wants to get home and get achievements on his Call of Duty 3 playstation game, so on to Legs:

Leg press: 360/15, 450/10, and push it to 540/8

LifeFitness Leg Extension: 105/15, 150/10, 180/8 (kind of hard to do after the leg press).

Icarian Lying Leg Curl: 80/25warmups, 100/15, 120/12, 150/8

Seated Calf Raise: 90/25 for 4 sets

All done working out. Very busy in the gym and alot of hellos from my friends. I smiled at the comment a young kid made about how the big guys weren't putting away their stacked 45lb plates and it was hard for him to put them away. If you don't like to put them away, then use them! So I kept them on as I did the leg press! He just smiled at me. My son came over and helped me take off the 45s when I was done just so he could get home faster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:12 am 
Elephant

Tuesday was treadmilling for 5 miles in 60 minutes. Very hard to do after doing Legs yesterday. Though it wasn't till night time did my legs start to really hurt.

Day off from weight lifting. I just went to my 7th grader's band concert. Oi! At the Hop was pretty good, but Kokomo was hard on the ears. My son plays the flute, and yes he is the only boy who plays the flute in the whole band (high school included). He also plays a wicked game of soccer, and is very smart (created a website and did an elementary computer game already). He is also my baby; the last kid of four. . . sigh. . . time for childhood goes by so fast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:28 am 
Elephant

Wednesday: Legs hurt too much and I am a little low on energy this morning, so no treadmilling today.

I did Chest and Biceps, and I forgot my card with all the numbers on it, so I did what I call a play day. I know what exercises I have to do, I just play with the weights. Some I might push really heavy, others I just do a lot of reps with medium weights to get a burn.

I am increasing my use of hemp protein again, and decreasing my carbs. My energy has gone down a little, but it could be because I am running around doing holiday chores, or just regular house/Mom chores, and of course running a lot more than I usually do when I am lifting weights too.

Thursday: Ran 5.5 miles for 60 minutes this morning to Planet Sunrise. The show skipped around alot today, and focused on this animal and that plant. Did see a kayaker doing some morning waves of the tide under a rock bridge. Like to do that sometime in my life I think. Went kayaking under the PictureRocks in the UP of Michigan with the caves here and there, and a rolling thunderstorm passed by on Lake Superior that made us go on shore for an hour or less. The next day we did a 10 mile hike along the PictureRocks to see it from way above. It was a wild contrast in my mind: I saw it from below all wet and cool and dark (in the caves and tunnels) and all hot, windy, sandy, and green (with wild blueberries for dessert!) up above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:51 pm 
Elephant

Ran 5 miles on the treadmill in the late morning (ate toast first and had a belly ache while running, thus don't do this again).

Went in the afternoon (with my son as my training supporter even though he has a tendency to say "let's just go home, and forget about lifting anything more, so I can play playstation games"):
Back and Triceps:
I pushed the weights a little more than last time. Followed the same routine on Saturday.
H.S Iso row: 230/8 new weight
Cable Lat Pulldown: 120/8 new weight
Rope Cable Tricep Extension: 110/8 nw
Overhead Cable Tricep Extension: 6/8 nw

Thus I am increasing the weights even though I am running 5 miles in the morning, and decreasing the food amount. Scales are not going down, and still am bloated from this morning (though not as much). I think I need to drink more water probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:03 pm 
Elephant

Saturday was a sleep day, after a morning/afternoon of shopping for the holidays with the family! Too tired to go and run (ran enough around the mall!).
Sunday was to be Shoulders and Leg day, but after a half hour of doing Shoulders, I was easily talked out of it by my son/training partner to do Legs tomorrow.

Shoulders were the same as last time, only this was so hard to do. Some of them I didn't get the set completely 15, but a 13 plus a breather and then 2 to finish the 15. Very tired today, and yes I did a stint of shopping again this morning.

So now it is Monday morning and I went to yoga class (Advanced Anusara) and it was mostly standing twist poses. Yikes! My legs may be too tired to weight lift tonight! and my obliques will definitely hurt tomorrow. We shall see what happens around 4 PM tonight.

Post subject: Re: Go Gaia!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:12 am 
Elephant

You have an impressive journal. Great work!
You know about the VF NA meetup in Ann Arbor, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:56 am 
Elephant

Goodness, I haven't looked at this journal for the longest time! Thanks for reminding me where I was a year ago today. I wonder if I should give it another go. Hopefully this time I can let go of the bodyfat this year and go for a comp this year.

No, I do not know what is going on in Ann Arbor, MI. Is there a website that advertises it? Or is it just a get together? More info I guess.
Thanks for bringing all this to my awareness!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:48 am 
Elephant

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16331 is the meetup link for North America '09.
A few of us VBB folks are going to the Arnold Classic in Columbus in March, also. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 am 
Site Admin

Meet-ups are awesome! I've enjoyed hosting them and being part of them. I hope you get a chance to meet a bunch of people!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:33 am 
Gorilla

hmmm... no I need to try some dips today. thanks for the kick in the bum!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cdJbztw3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEUynhgMg8

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next