healing

madcat

Three weeks ago I started feeling run down. I thought it was the weather or maybe I was starting to get a cold. So I didn’t think too much about it. The next week I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning and they found an abscess behind my front bottom teeth. It never hurt; I had no idea it was there. Later the same day I had an emergency trip to the periodontist. He opened it up, cleaned it out, and put me on antibiotics. I started feeling better and having more energy right away. Today I went back for a check out. Although the infection is gone the space it created is still there. He said I may need to have some of the tissue removed to try to get my body to close up the hole. He also said I may need to have a bone graft so I don’t loss my teeth. I’m freaking out now. He thought maybe it was too soon to make that decision because it had been such a large infection it would take a little longer. I go back next week to see if its healing on its own. Is there anything I can do to help my body along? Is rest good? Or is cardio better, because of increased blood flow? Are there any foods that premote healing? Help

as much raw food as possible. check out pat reeves over on www.veganbodybuilding.org - she has fought terminal cancer for twenty years with no medical treatment, and at the same time won 75 powerlifting titles.

jonathan

Now that is truly an inspirational story - and an excellent testimony to the healing power of a raw vegan diet.

I have no further insight to add here madcat, but I hope you feel better soon and that your body heals itself so no major medical procedures are necessary.

light cardio will stimulate and promote healthy cells, even when ill.

try taking a form of echinachea. a tincture of the root is most effective, but can be a bit bitter, best with a blackcurrant juice to disguise the flavour (and for the additional vitamins.

It stimulates white cell activity and works a treat for me, although there is a a lot of literature (all american though) that says it has little to no benefits.

good amounts of rest usually help too.

See that’s the thing I don’t get. Its not like I got a cavity from eating candy or anything like that. This started from some thing poking down into my gum. The doctor said pop corn and apples are big causes of this kind of injury. If a piece gets stuck it can start an infection even though what ever started it often comes out on its own.