Lisa's pursuit of fitness and good health

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#61 Postby lisaanddini » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:25 pm

pamela wrote:Let us know how your race goes!

:D It went well! I really only treated it as a tempo run, but I got a medal for being third in my age group! I think there was only three women in my age group there, but hey, it was still cool! I averaged a few second more per mile than the 3 mile tempo run I did outside about a week ago, so I think my theory about running indoors on the treadmill being harder is right.

Yesterday I biked for 30 minutes & did abs & legs. Today I'm going to do my speedwork, probably 800s.

pamela
Elephant

#62 Postby pamela » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:09 pm

It's probably harder psychologically to run on a treadmill, at the very least. It's funny to me how originally I was anti- running outside, and now I can't imagine running inside! :D

Congrats on the race. It's always fun to get some hardware. :)

I'm going to start focusing seriously on speed work in January. For now I'm just running as much as I can. I'd like to get 70 km (43 miles) in this week!

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#63 Postby lisaanddini » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:38 pm

I'm starting to really enjoy the treadmill, the only trick is picking out the correct pace! I don't know, I guess I am a weirdo. But my mileage is only at 16 miles per week right now, so that could have something to do with it. 40+ is pretty impressive, I only hit mileage like that when training for a marathon!

So yesterday I did 2X800s before realizing they were too fast, then 5X400s, all with 400 RI. Today is my swim day, then chest & biceps, maybe a little more if I'm feeling ambitious.

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#64 Postby lisaanddini » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:55 am

Tuesday I swam for 30 minutes, 10 minutes warm up then 10 X 100 m with a little over a minute rest. Then chest, biceps, triceps.

Yesterday my legs were still tired from Monday, so I only ran a little over three miles at an easy pace at the track. Today I should bike.

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#65 Postby lisaanddini » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:24 am

Yesterday I biked for 40 minutes and did abs, back, and shoulders. I finally went up on the weights for my shoulders a little so that made me happy. But I weighed myself for the first time in a while & realized my weight crept back up a little. I have been eating a lot of junk lately going to parties & snacking here at the office. I'm going to be better about that. I think weighing myself frequently will make me more accountable.

Today is my day off. My legs feel good though. I find it interesting that biking on sore legs tends to make them feel better the next day. I think it helps them recover more than complete rest. I have my work Christmas party tonight. I already know I can get a salad & spaghetti marinara, but I'm going to have a healthy snack before I go to curb my appetite. Tomorrow I may run a 5k or I may do the 8M run that I should have done Wednesday.

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#66 Postby lisaanddini » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:12 am

Saturday I had a really good run: 8 miles outside. I did the first two at a slow pace with my dogs, the next 4 comfortably on roads & a dirt path, then the last 2 I did on the track and really pushed the pace. It felt really good.

Then in that afternoon my husband & I went to this wildlife refuge in my town. I've been wanting to check it out since I moved here. We "adopted" a fox, basically paid for his food & care for a year & we will get a photo & certificate in the mail. And in the spring I'm going to sign up to volunteer :D

Yesterday I did weights for my legs & biked 35 minutes. Today I'm going to swim or row and do chest and biceps.

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#67 Postby lisaanddini » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:40 am

Monday the pool was full so I used the row maching for 15 minutes, boy is that thing boring!!! Especially since I didn't have my ipod with me & the gym plays crappy music. Plus the row machines are in the corner & you can't look around as much as when on the treadmills or bikes. Then I worked my abs, chest, and biceps.

Yesterday I had a good run on the 'mill. One mile warm up & 4 tempo.

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#68 Postby lisaanddini » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Wednesday I biked for 45 minutes. Yesterday I ran 1M warm up, 1X 1600, 2X 800 with 1 min RI & about half mile cool down. I felt really tired afterwards so I'm taking today off & I'll see how I feel tomorrow

lisaanddini
Rabbit

#69 Postby lisaanddini » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:43 am

wow I really crashed & burned!!! I think my training paces have been too fast. I jogged a couple miles with the dogs saturday, then swam at the gym for a half hour sunday, but other than that, just took some long walks and caught up on sleep. I relaly needed it. I'm feeling much better today & am going to run 1600s at a sensible pace after work instead of killing myself!

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”