Daywalker's contest preparation log

:shock:

what did he do exactly?

Sorry Lelle, missed that one last ime

He did a kind of straight legs deadlift, but all the movement came out of bending his back, not of the hips *ouch*

SeaSiren, cool new avatar

Thanks, roid-rage!

110kg can be heavy or easy - it depends on the person and the exercise For me, rowing it with pronated grip is heavy!

The German Championship in Natural Bodybuilding will be on october the 29th in Werdau, Sachsen.

Hey Gorilla, schön, dass es Dir gefällt! Irgendwann müssen wir uns mal treffen - wenn ich wieder alles essen darf

Day 38

The workout was quite a struggle today

Bench press: 115kg for 12x 1rep. After the 6th i had some guy spot me for safety. The next two were easy, but he only helped a little on the last rep.

Incline bench flies: 32kg for 4, 4 reps

Dips: 55kg for 10x 1 rep. The first 3 reps were the hardest and had the worst form, the next 7 were fine in form and still not maximum lifts.

Barbell press: 55kg for 3, 4, 1 reps

Upright row: 57,5kg for 4, 4 reps

Squats: 145kg for 6x 2 reps. The first 3 sets were actually harder than the last 3... and the last were better in form. I think there is a good new PB coming up, for 145 is the heaviest weight i've used so far after my knee surgeries.

Tomorrow is the last day of heavy workout before the competition... i'll try to make it count!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 39

Last heavy workout before competition.

Chin-ups: 50kg for 12x 1 rep. I did a slow negative after each rep, the last very slow plus loaded stretching.

Barbell row: 110kg for 3, 3, 3, 3 reps. It was just too heavy today I'm beginning to feel my strength decrease, i'm out of energy. But that's how it was supposed to be

SL Deadlift: 155kg for 2, 3, 3, 4 reps. This was the only exercise i felt stronger than last workout! Very clean, "easy" reps.

T-Bar: 105kg for 2, 2, 2 reps.

Incline bench Dumbell curls: 24kg for 2, 1, 1 reps. Negative on the descend, loaded stretching. Ouch

Barbell shrugs: 170kg for 4, 4 reps.

Pullovers: I gave up. Too heavy today, too exhausted, and my elbow hurt very disturbingly. No pullovers today, a set of pull ups instead with 10 seconds loaded stretching after each rep (4 reps).

Calves, seated: 160kg for 6, 6 reps.

Abs machine: 70kg for 4, 4, 4 reps.

If i'm ever gonna do this program again, i'll start with the same weights, but increase by smaller steps to end not with singles, but triples. The weight was okay for some exercises, but the pulling and rowing movements i feel better with higher reps, lighter weight and stricter form. But it worked as intended and i'm shredded as can be by now, at least as shredded as i can get without losing muscle tissue.

Tomorrow is "only" posing.

Sunday is rest day.

Monday the fun begins

Thanks, roid-rage!

110kg can be heavy or easy - it depends on the person and the exercise For me, rowing it with pronated grip is heavy!

The German Championship in Natural Bodybuilding will be on october the 29th in Werdau, Sachsen.

hmmmh, why does it have to take place in dunkeldeutschland?

its quite a distance :-/ i´d like to visit a natural competition, and to support an vegan BB would be cool, but its sooooo far

Thanks Will!

Today i started eating low carb and high sodium, together with increased water intake.

The low carb makes me dizzy and slow in the uptake... i can't imagine doing that crap voluntarily for longer tahn the three days i'll be doing it... and with nonvegan food Incredible idiocy.

Day 40

Posing for 1 hour.

Had a little posing show in the evening at a friend's gym party

Day 41

REST!

Day 42

Easy pump-workout, 10-15 reps each set, to deplete my storages of carbs in the muscles. Did a whole body workout, but not the legs, they're supposed to be more shredded that way on saturday.

I was WEAK - crap low carb i tell ya!

Cardio for warm up (as always, but i've never written that extra in the log).

2 Bench press / pull ups super sets.

2 Barbell row / dips super sets.

2 Barbell press / upright row super sets.

2 sets SL deadlift.

1 set barbell curls.

1 set calves.

Crunches and side crunches.

30 min cardio.

Tomorrow something similar, and wednesday.

Greetz,

Daywalker

Day 43

20 min on the bike.

Again, an easy workout just to deplete my storages of carbs further.

2 Bench press / chin ups super sets.

2 lateral raise / Barbell press super sets.

1 set barbell curls.

1 set calves.

Tried out two machines i've never done before (and won't do again ): Kind of a incline bench machine and a pullover machine, one set each. Those machines are crap, i prefer free weights any time.

20 min cardio.

Totally FORGOT the SL deadlift Must be the lack of glucose...

Hey, what do you think of me!?

Of course i'm gonna post results! I'll show pics, rant about unfair judges (only if i didn't win ), tell you bits about the time backstage and onstage ... more information than you wanted!

You're family, of course i'll tell you!

Okay, i know.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, too!

I AM!

And i'm also looking forward to the carb-loading

Today i spoke to the organizer of the competition. He told me it is possible that i can take part in international competitions as well - two weeks later in the US

Unfortunately, though, i have to pay for everything (flight, hotel etc.) myself, so this is not gonna happen

But one week after the German Championship is the Swiss Championship, i could start there in the international class. Would be fun, but i guess i'll reject the opportunity. It's still too expensive, and i have three more contests in november/december. Did i already tell you about that?? The last is the WORLD Championship! This year it takes place here in Germany, and if i qualify one week earlier, yea, that'd be awesome!

4 competitions are enough - i want to eat and bulk again

Thanks for the sympathy! I appreciate it!

I'll do my best to make you all proud!

Love and peace,

Daywalker

Day 44

Last workout! Again, an easy workout to get rid of the last three or four carbohydrates in my body

Posing for ~ 5 min.

2 Bench press / lat machine super sets.

1 set dips.

1 set barbell curls.

1 SL deadlift.

Posing for ~ 15min.

25 min cardio.

Tomorrow it's EATING!

Okay, i continue this log for i am still in contest preparation - i have to bridge three weeks. My goal is to not lose weight, but not gain fat back also.

I will be doing a whole body workout every other day for the next two weeks, basically a compressed HST cycle, starting light and increasing the weights every workout.

Then i'll switch to the same fat burn program again, the 2 split every day workout. I'll be doing this for two weeks, then the "finishing week" again for the world Championship

So, today i count as day 1 again

I took my HST program, but modified it a bit:

- i exchanged bench press with close grip bench press, as i have to target my arms more, my chest is big enough for the moment.

- i added one set of dumbell curls on the inclined bench (target arms )

- i reduced the number of sets for dips to 1

- i increased the number of sets of barbell press to 2

Today i aimed for 15 easy reps without coming bear to muscle failure.

Close grip bench press: 50 kg for 15, 15 reps.

Chin ups: 15, 10 reps.

Squats: 90kg for 15, 15 reps.

Dips: 10kg for 15, 15 reps.

Barbell row: 60kg for 15, 15 reps.

Barbell press: 40 kg for 10, 8 reps (very short break).

SL deadlift: 100kg for 15, 10 reps.

Dumbell curls on incline bench: 10kg for 15 reps.

Calves, standing: 80kg for 15, 15 reps, 5 seconds loaded stretching before each rep!! (calves are an exception because i do reach muscle failure on those!)

Rotator cuff, 3 sets for 12 reps.

The weights were easy, but i'm not used to high reps, i was really exhausted. I tried to keep the breaks as short as possible. The whole workout, complete with 10min warmup cardio, warm up sets and stretching afterwards took me 80min.

Tomorrow free day, wednesday the same with higher weights, and one set only in dips.

Day 2: REST

Day 3:

Close grip bench press: 55 kg for 15, 15 reps.

Chin ups: 15, 12 reps.

Squats: 95kg for 15, 15 reps.

Dips: 15kg for 15 reps.

Barbell row: 65kg for 15, 15 reps.

Barbell press: 40 kg for 10, 10 reps.

SL deadlift: 105kg for 15, 10 reps.

Dumbell curls on incline bench: 12kg for 15 reps.

Calves, standing: 80kg for 15, 12 reps, 5 seconds loaded stretching before each rep!! (calves are an exception because i do reach muscle failure on those!)

After the deadlift i was really breathing hard. My last meal was too close before the work out. I'm not used to high reps, i should do more high reps and cardio.... well, not now

Day 4: REST

Day 5:

Close grip bench press: 60 kg for 15, 15 reps.

Chin ups: +5kg for 12, 10 reps.

Squats: 100kg for 15, 15 reps.

Dips: 20kg for 12 reps.

Barbell row: 70kg for 12, 12 reps.

Barbell press: 40 kg for 12, 10 reps.

SL deadlift: 110kg for 12, 12 reps.

Dumbell curls on incline bench: 14kg for 15 reps.

Rotator cuff: 4 sets each side.

Calves, standing: 90kg for 12, 10 reps, 5 seconds loaded stretching before each rep!

~40min on the bike (i ride to the gym and back)

This workout was much better than last, the lack of breath wasn't near as bad. Okay, i dropped the reps in some exercises

Did i mention i'm looking forward to eating and bulking... i think i did...

Day 6: REST (except for hauling heavy items arounf the house, and doing the same with 120lbs of calendars the whole day...)

Day 7:

Close grip bench press: 65 kg for 12, 10 reps.

Chin ups: +10kg for 11, 8 reps.

Squats: 105kg for 15, 15 reps.

Dips: 22,5kg for 12 reps.

Barbell row: 75kg for 12, 12 reps.

Barbell press: 45 kg for 9, 8 reps.

SL deadlift: 115kg for 12, 12 reps.

Dumbell curls on incline bench: 16kg for 12 reps.

Rotator cuff: 4 sets each side.

Calves, standing: 90kg for 12, 10 reps, 5 seconds loaded stretching before each rep!

~40min on the bike.

No crunches today (no time). In some exercises i'm getting pretty close to muscle failure, just 1-3 reps short of it (bench, chin ups, barbell row), on others i'm still quite far away (squats, deadlift).

Heavier next time

Day 8:

No rest - me fool! I felt the squats from the day before slightly in my legs. Did ~75 min cardio, 10min on the inclined treadmill, fast walking (great calf workout), rest on the bike.

Day 9:

I was crushed before i even started. I had no energy and decided to keep away from the sets getting to heavy, so stopping before muscle failure (as always, of course).

Close grip bench press: 70 kg for 9, 8 reps. Could have done more, but didn't want to go to close to failure.

Chin ups: +15kg for 10, 7 reps. Break was too short, the 10 were easy, the 7 much harder.

Squats: 110kg for 12, 12 reps. Heel, this was heavy! :shocked: After the 105 last time was so easy, i thought i'd do 2x15reps again, but my legs held no power and my lower back was weak.

Dips: 25kg for 10 reps - easy

Barbell row: 80kg for 8, 10 reps. The first set i stopped to save some strength in my lower back.

Barbell press: 47,5 kg for 8, 6 reps.

SL deadlift: 120kg for 10, 10 reps.

the rest seems to be censored by the board - i can't post it, i've tried at least 40 times now