Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 59  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:24 pm 
Elephant

I had a really good workout today, but I also had some mishaps too. I skipped Step because it was a substitute trainer, and I don't feel that I get the workout I should when he teaches. I got to the gym early enough to run before BodyPump so I did. But that's not all I did, I also fell again, and almost in the exact same place too. Just so everyone knows I am not a total clutz! I think I've just done a lot lately,and moving was the final straw. Anyway aside from falling, and my shoe getting untied I think I'm getting faster. After my run I did BP, and really felt it in chest, and triceps. I think my chest press is heavier, now I'm doing 30lbs, 15 on each side, with a drop weight of 5 on each side. Triceps are up to 20 lbs total, and I think I may move my squats up to 20 on each side for a total of 40. After the class I overheard that the room that we usually have group classes in was ready to be used again. Long story short I ended up going back to the gym to help reset up the room. I must have lifted well over 1000 pounds in weights and equipment. My help was much appreciated as I was one of three people doing the work. And I've been told by the group exercise director that he owes me, so I'll have to keep that in mind. Everyone I know (family, friends) thinks I'm crazy that I love being at the gym so much, but I feel like I belong there, I love the whole feeling of the place. And I've also noticed that almost all gyms have that same gym smell of cold hard metal, equipment, machines, sweat and determination, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 am 
Elephant

8:30 am oatmeal w/banana and hot tea
12pm banana
5:15pm 1/2 luna bar
6:30pm 1/2 luna bar
8:30pm 2 burritos and canteloupe
10pm 3 small chocolate chip cookies & black coffee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:54 pm 
Elephant

8:30 am organic coffee & breakfast sandwich on sourdough w/vegan bacon,tomato,veganaisse, and some hummus and a few tortilla chips on the side (I went to a vegetarian/vegan place and tried one of their new breakfast items)
1pm Amy non dairy vegetable pot pie/water
3pm banana/water
5:30pm luna bar (smores)
8:00pm mango, black bean vegan "Kashi" meal/ unsweetened applesauce

Last edited by hsorlando on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:04 pm 
Elephant

Yesterdays workout was terrific, even though I was a bit tired from helping set up the room the night before. It was another BodyPump class, and I think I almost got to failure on 1 or 2 exercises, at least I know I'm working hard. I was also probably tired from being at the mall for 3.5 hours with my brother, and his 2 daughters. We wouldn't have been there that long, but we had to wait for the girls Mom to come and pick them up. My brother feels the need to have his family with him when he has to face his ex. I for one would like to drop a few 20 pound weights on her head, maybe that would knock some sense into her. Anyway I didn't have any opportunity to eat before my workout, so I ended up scoffing down 1/2 a luna bar before class. I can't wait until everything dies down a bit, so I can really concentrate on my diet, and not feel like I'm being selfish in doing so. In the class I lowered my weights for chest by 5 pounds, because of the night before. But I could definitely feel that weight was getting a bit easier for me. I really am amazed at the progress I've made in this class, I highly suggest it for anyone interested in group fitness classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:10 pm 
Elephant

Ok, today was Muscle Toning, and this may be my last class with this instructor, she's moving to NY early 2008, I know she'll be missed. She may be the toughest trainer at the gym!
Anyway for the class we used a leg band, steps with extra risers, a stability ball, mat, and 3 sets of weights, I used 5 (which were way too light),8, and 12lbs.. We started with light weights, and did a lot of bicep curls, lateral arm raises, shoulder presses,and doubled the amount of risers under our steps for a total of 4 on each side, and did step ups with a bicep curl. Then medium weights and pretty much the same thing, but added some triceps. Heavy we added chest, and triceps and pretty much did everything again but less reps. Then we went outside and used our bands and shuffled down the track, and then returned. We also did abs, and pushups, and stretched. My right shoulder hurt a bit and I really felt it in the pushups.
I didn't run tonight becsaue I'm going to meet the trainer on Thursday instead, and I'm getting tired of falling. I told the trainer yesterday when I saw her at the gym, and she said she falls a lot, and it must be rubbing off, ha ha. Anyway I know I'm doing better, and I may possibly run tomorrow if I dare!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:41 am 
Elephant

Didn''t run yesterday, but did take Body Pump again. It was a great class, although on chest my right shoulder really started to hurt. But on everything else I was fine. Although biceps are still a pain, I may raise that weight soon. Today I am doing kickboxing in the morning, then I'll meet the running trainer at 5:30pm, and then at 6:30 I'll do Latin Cardio. It'll be a substitute for 2 weeks, so I'll see how I like it tonight.

Yesterday I ate a clif bar, Amy's pot pie, 2 bananas, 2 burritos, and a vegan chik pattie w/ some brown rice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:18 am 
Elephant

great training jounal. Keep up the great work. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:54 pm 
Elephant

Thanks pazios, today was a long day. I did kb, it was mostly cardio straight through with no breaks at all. We didn't use any wraps again, because they hadn't put them back in the room. There were of course lots of punching and kicking moves, because it was a kickboxing class. Also did some tricep pushups, and ran around the room several times. We ran forward, sideways, backwards, and then did it again going the opposite direction. We also used the jumprope, have I said how much I hate that thing lol! There was also time for abs and stretching, and I had to rush to work because I was late oops! I just told people I had an appointment, which I did, at the gym! Then I went back and ran with the trainer, and then took a latin cardio class. I actually really enjoyed the substitute instructor who taught. She was very similar to the main instructor, and she wasn't quite as fast in her footwork so it was a bit easier to follow. I barely got through the class because I was tired from kb, and running, but tomorrow is my day off from the gym so I'll get my rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm 
Elephant

Breakfast 8:30am: oatmeal w/banana & 1/2 cup of black coffee
Lunch:1;45pm Amy's black bean enchilada meal $ diet soda w/ splenda
Snack4:30pm banana
Snack: canteloupe about 7 or 8 pieces
Dinner:9pm chik pattie,and rice
Dessert: I will be having a cup of tea with 2 small cookies (I would have had more) but my brother ate the rest and he's not even vegan. Him and his 2 girls have 2 boxes of non vegan cookies, so why did he eat mine argh! Well actually I don't need them so I'm glad they're almost gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 am 
Elephant

8:30am oatmeal w/banana & black coffee
1:30pm chili w/ soy crumbles
4:30 luna bar
7:30 2 burritos/ canteloupe/ soda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:18 pm 
Elephant

I've been busy this weekend, with last minute shopping for my 2 nieces. I sort of wish I'd never started lol. Anyway I had a terrific workout on Saturday, it was the cardio strength class, and I was just full of energy, and felt ready for a hard workout, and gave it my best. I love that feeling. I can't remember what we did, but like I said I was full of energy, and had a great time. So I think I've finally recovered from the stresses of moving in early December.
On Sunday I went to a Step class, and then I stopped by a Target and bought some new workout clothes. I haven't been able to afford any new clothes in a long long time, but I had a gift card to use. I just want everyone to know I wish I had the resources to just buy sweatshop free clothing, but right now I have very limited finances. Anyway after I got done at Target, I was supposed to go back to do Body Pump, but my brother needed the car, so I had no choice but to just go home. I absolutely hate missing my time at the gym.
Today the Y had limited hours because of Christmas Eve so I was going to go at noon to do a BodyPump class, but I couldn't get away from work. I had a person who was going to cover for me, but I never got the chance to leave. So I'm quite upset about missing 2 workouts already this week. So if anyone in my family wonders why I'm miserable on Christmas it'll be because I couldn't get to the gym. On another note this Friday I will finally be able to order the study book for my personal training course. According to one of the trainers all I lack is confidence, and he even offered to help me prepare for the certification. It's just cool when there are people in the field that you want to get into that believe you can do something that is so important to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:27 pm 
Elephant

My eating has been terrible. It's been hard enough just being vegan since living with my brother, but he keeps eating my damn food, and then complains to me about how expensive my foods are! Anyway as soon as this week is over I am going to go to Whole Foods, and really start buying some good foods. If I can get my eating as consistent as my workouts usually are I will be doing pretty well I believe.
Here is a list of foods that I would love to add to my boring diet
Flax- I will probably end up with an organic cereal with flax in it
Hemp- I would love to start buying Vega online
Rice Dream milk-I tried Vega with soy milk,and water but it tasted best w/ Rice Dream
Quinoa-
more fruit, and more vegetables, and lots more salads- I was doing pretty good, and I will not let anyone interfere with my diet or my workouts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:55 pm 
Elephant

Today when I got to the gym it felt like weeks instead of 2 days since I'd been there. Of course I was planning on running but happened to start my monthly cycle, and had no energy anyway, so I didn't run. I did wear my new workout pants, and they fit quite nicely, and they're smalls, so that makes me happy. I took a BodyPump class, and it felt great to be lifting weights again. My last strength training session was Saturday, so it's been a few days. I know Christmas was only yesterday, but I can't wait to take all the decorations down, and get back to normal. Maybe I'll do this Saturday, I won't be working out that day, because the 5k is Sunday, and I want to be well rested. I know it's only a few miles but this is my first ever race, and I still consider myself to be a beginner at running. I am not putting any pressure on myself except to complete the race, which I know I can do. I am still very slow (it takes me between 35-40 minutes for 5k) so as long as I run the whole thing I'll be happy enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:08 pm 
Elephant

Breakfast: organic toasted oat cereal w/ unsweet silk soymilk
Lunch: Amy's vegan pot pie
Snack:banana
Dinner: 3 soy hotdogs, w/ corn and unsweetened applesauce

It's been a long week, I'm not making excuses, I can't wait until I can start eating better. My problem with this is I get paid monthly right now, and when my check runs out I can't exactly buy everything I need, it's all I can do to eat vegan foods. I am just biding my time at this job until I get my certification, which I am doing no matter what it takes, then hopefully and maybe with some help, will get a job as a trainer or at least at a gym, and make more money and be able to eat better. At least this is my ultimate plan. So if anyone reads my terrible eating habits just know it's not by choice it's because of financial reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:12 pm 
Elephant

I took a Boot Camp class today, and it was tough, but I made it through. Then tonight I went back and did latin cardio, I'm thinking of stopping this for a while and doing something different, but not sure what yet.

Let's see if I can remember what I did Thursday! I went in the morning for Kickboxing, but we ended up with a substitute, and Bootcamp. We worked out on the track for about 15 minutes, and then headed inside. Outside we started with stepups onto a bench which was about 3 or 4 feet off the ground, then sprinted down the grassy, and muddy hill, ran back up touched the concrete, ran back down and up again, then repeated stepups on opposite leg which wasn't quite as strong, or stable, for some reason, then sprinted again. Paired up, hopped down part of track, and ran the rest. Then the trainer actually thought we could carry our partner on our back up the hill, but no one was thrilled with this idea, so we ended up hopping up the hill instead. Then we ran around track again I think, hopped uphill some more, and went inside. I had cramps, and my legs were tired, but did my best to keep up, and didn't fall too far behind during the class. Inside we did dips with our steps, with one leg raised, then ran across room and back, and did it again with opposite leg. There were also pushups with one leg in air, and straddles on step with a lot of risers, and a few other things I can't remember. I'm surprised I kept up as well as I did considering how I felt. We also did some stuff with a medicine ball, throwing it to a partner, while doing various things like squats, and similar exercises.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 59  Next