intro

lisa_pe

Hi, My name is Lisa and I am a 39 yr old Mom to three daughters. I have been vegetarian then vegan since 1987. I have tried raw, but wasn't feeling great. I do eat a large percentage of raw but do add some cooked. I have also been weight training on and off since the 80's. Different life events, having babies, finances,etc have kept me out of the gym. I have, though, always tried to keep an excercise program going when not in the gym. Two years ago my husband, girls and I relocated from NY to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. Because of finances I have not been able to join the gym until last week. I am so excited to be back weight training and I can't wait to get back in shape and lose the weight I need to lose!! I think that protein is an issue for me and I hope that I can get the feedback and support of others with more knowledge and experience than myself.

Wow, awesome, I just saw this! You live in St. Thomas, how cool! I have been there many times and really enjoyed it. I even had a bank account there because I worked on a Celebrity Cruise ship that stopped in every week.

As Michael said, so far St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Martin are our top picks for our Vegan Fitness Vacation in the summer of 2006.

Welcome to our group! We have a great TEAM! I always emphasize that word "TEAM" because that is what we've become. We help each other, encourage each other, and many of us have become good friends.

Of course in addition to all the FUN we have on the board, there is also an excellent amount of information and we have some top vegan athletes who visit this site and write on here too.

I hope you enjoy your time on this forum and I look forward to being in touch more about St. Thomas

-Robert

I hope that I can get the feedback and support of others with more knowledge and experience than myself.

Hi, My name is Lisa and I am a 39 yr old Mom to three daughters.

I have been vegetarian then vegan since 1987.

I have tried raw, but wasn't feeling great.

I have also been weight training on and off since the 80's.

Hey Lisa!

Who could have more experience than you?!

Great to have you here, welcome!