origins of halloween

Hero

This post must be motivated by my question today

Thanks for the explanation Toph-Dogg.

Man, I'm going to have another long day at work, as far as I know a 12-hour shift, 8 hours of graveyard shift and 4 hours of day shift finishing at noon.

So I'm totally sleeping all afternoon when I get back.

Happy Halloween!

Thin Think Scared of Disney Shows Him

wow that page was really anal toward pagans.

by no means during samhain, bealtain, or any of the pagan holidays do we worship demons and the like. it was the christians who labeled the holiday halloween... and along with it gave it evil and came up with the nonsense of devils and satanic rituals.

This passage just reall pissed me off: "When America and the world celebrates the Festival of Samhain and the powers of darkness by masquerading as evil creatures or decorating our homes, schools, businesses and churches with occult symbols, Satanic power is glorified. While you may have participated "all in fun," be assured, Halloween is serious business for Satanists and witches. Those who oppose Christ are known to organize on Halloween to observe satanic rituals, to cast spells, to oppose churches and families, to perform sacrilegious acts, and to even offer blood sacrifices to Satan. While some may say, "But we only do this in fun...we don't practice witchcraft," those things that represent Satan and his domain cannot be handled or emulated "for fun". Such participation places you in enemy and forbidden territory and that is dangerous ground."

That is the most giant load of crap i have ever read. I HATE that we Wiccans are labeled associated with Satanists... it's down right ignorant. I can't say anymore because that crap just frustrates me to an unbelieveable point.

I actually haven't read the link yet, but I'll check it out. I just didn't know the history behind Halloween so Topher explained it to me today before I left for work. Megan says I should have learned it in Elementary School, and maybe I did, but I forgot so I was curious.

Some of my friends had some really awesome costumes on tonight. I stopped by a party for a few minutes before heading to work. Now I'm working graveyard shift and part of day shift for the next 12 hours.

Ash....I don't have a specific show I'm afraid of. Topher watches a few and they all seem to scare me. Mostly the cheesy acting.

Thin Thin Halloween Him

I know....I just thought I'd throw that in there. I was just saying to Topher, "why do they have Halloween this time of year, it is always so cold and wet for kids to run around collecting candy" and then he explained some of the details. Then after you mentioned school I realized I probably did learn it way back in the day, but as you recall with my anatomy memory, it fades quickly

Thin Thin Still At Work Him

yeah vegankyle, from what I understand, the 1st of november was / is considered a time when the spirits of dead people pass on to the next life, and old spirits come back to visit? And people wore masks to disguise themselves from spirits, if they didn't want to be contacted; the disguises would also scare off the spirits. And then Christianity wanted to demonize the event, as it was not part of their religion, so they said it was all Satan worship, which it isn't. (i could have my facts wrong though)

That page is full of it. Christianity Changed all the pagan holidays into their holidays and made them differentish. But anyways, halloween, Night were the vail is lifted between the world of the living and the dead and the dead cross over. Food used to be put outside doors for offerings to the spirits so they would leave the household alone. Halloween and the pagan religion are not devil worshipers. I've studied it a lot.

That page is full of it. Christianity Changed all the pagan holidays into their holidays and made them differentish. But anyways, halloween, Night were the vail is lifted between the world of the living and the dead and the dead cross over. Food used to be put outside doors for offerings to the spirits so they would leave the household alone. Halloween and the pagan religion are not devil worshipers. I've studied it a lot.

site is a bit out of it, but i thought it was just a pagan fest that christians tried to re-model after their own style ( all saints day?) and americans adopted as a national thing to make up for a lack of their own culture...

site is a bit out of it, but i thought it was just a pagan fest that christians tried to re-model after their own style ( all saints day?) and americans adopted as a national thing to make up for a lack of their own culture...

They did.