Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 59  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:29 pm 
Elephant

Well this week has not been so consistent with my workouts. On Sunday I made it to Step, but missed a strength training class, then missed a workout Monday, gym was closed Tuesday for holiday, got to gym Wednesday for BodyPump, and twice Thursday for Bootcamp, and Latin cardio, so I've only been to gym 3 days this week, and for four workouts. I didn't get there yesterday either because it was my other nieces bithday, she turned one. I was doing the house cleaning, and putting away the decorations all day. I did pick up my race day packet though, and manged to escape in the morning for a few cups of organic coffee, and some hemp waffles which were quite good. Anyway I didn't want to workout today because I wanted to be well rested and not sore for the race tomorrow, well with all the days I missed this week I'd better be well rested, I just hope I'm not off because I haven't been working out. The party was almost a disaster because my stupid brother invited the girls mother, and everyone felt weird because she was there. No one trusts her, and no one has any idea why my brother is being so nice. All the women wanted to slug her, but we'll wait until the court date is over to do that lol! Anyway I am excited about my first 5k tomorrow, and I'm actually looking forward to running. It is a run/walk so I'm pretty sure I won't be the last person to finish. I reallly can't stand not getting to the gym, it's been pure torture this week, but perhaps I needed the break, snd maybe all my pent up energy will come out while I run. I suppose I'm done my rant for now, so I'll post tomorrow when I can. Besides the race, which is at 7:30 am, I plan to do a Step class, and do a Body Pump class, so I should be exhausted and feel quite good tomorrow evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:18 pm 
Elephant

Today was awesome! I got up early, around 6:15am, ate a banana, drank a bit of water, and went to the Ymca for the 5k. I ran it a lot faster than I thought I would, I think my time was 33 minutes and about 20 seconds. I glanced at the clock when I finished but there were people standing near it, and I didn't quite see the seconds. Anyway I had a few people who were rooting for me. The running trainer, the group exercise director, and my Mom were all there, and I saw a few other trainers too. Everyone mentioned above ran, except my Mom. The race was packed, so at least a lot of Central Florida likes to exercise. I've also inspired my Mom, and she's going to start running, we'll both do the next 5k, which is in April. After the race I had another banana, there were some tents set up from the sponsors, and got a free water bottle. Then I walked to a vegetarian place, and had some organic coffee, and a bagel w/ vegan cream cheese.
I went back to the Y, and took the Step class, my legs felt pretty good, but I was a bit tired at the end. Before the Body Pump class I had a clif bar, and some water. I only lowered the weights for my deadlifts, deadrows, and clean and presses. I only did that because during my bench presses my right shoulder, pec area felt real tight. For every other exercise I'm fine, so I'm thinking it's just because I'm going heavier on chest with the barbell. Maybe my right side isn't quite as strong as my left, since I'm left handed. Anyway it only gets sore, and tight when I do bench presses, and pushups, and I'm sure it'll go away as I get stronger.

After the race I also got my bodyfat measured. I'm not quite sure how accurate it was though as the person did it through my pants for my thigh. I thought it would be lower too, but it said 19.4%, which they still cosider to be good.

Last edited by hsorlando on Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:35 pm 
Elephant

Today I did another BodyPump class. I went 5 pounds lighter on chest, and didn't feel any tightness in my muscles, so that's good. I went heavier on my back exercises. I've been doing back with a 25 lb barbell, but bumped it up today to 30lbs. I felt good, and managed the clean and presses alright, which I didn't think I'd be able to do. Biceps are still tough, but I may bump this up as well, along with squats. Anyway not much else is going on. I took a nap today, which I never do, so I'll probably end up staying awake until midnight. Got the apartment almost to myself, my brothers out with his 2 girls, so I have time to clean and do stuff around the place.

Breakfast: clif bar, banana
Snack:banana
Lunch:salad
Dinner: vegan b.l.t. sandwich w/ lots of tomato, and lettuce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:08 pm 
Elephant

your doing great , I love to read your log. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:40 pm 
I'm just jealous of the vegan BLT...I haven't had one of those for at least a year :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:31 pm 
Elephant

It's my first time trying vegan bacon, it's by Smartlife, and it's pretty good! I may have to continue buying it, now that I found another vegan soy product that I actually like the taste of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:17 pm 
That stuff does taste great...its a bit pricey for how much you get though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:47 am 
Elephant

Not exactly sure what I'm doing today. The Y is closing early due to the holiday. I thought I'd go and do some weights by myself, and perhaps run, but I'm still a bit tired from doing BodyPump 2 days in a row, so we'll see. I actually was thinking of doing a spinning class, but I may have already missed the last class of the day. Who knows maybe this year I will get more into cycling, and swimming, and continue my running endeavors. Anyway if I don't figure out what to do today I may just take off, and go Friday instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:11 pm 
Elephant

Well I haven't made it to the gym yet today, but I did have a nice surprise. I went out for breakfast with my mom, then we decided to weigh ourselves. I'm down to 140, the scale was on the carpet at a grocery store, so it may have actually been less. I was starting to think I would never get under 145. I mean it's been at 145 for a few months now. Anyway now I feel pretty good, and I think my weight loss is due to my running, and possibly the BodyPump classes. So I guess I didn't pig out during the holidays as much as I thought. Now I am determined to finish losing what extra weight is left, and so far I haven't even been trying. It's nice to know that running allows me to still eat "some" junk food like vegan cookies. Not that I over do it, but it's still nice to know that I can have the occasional dessert item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:10 pm 
Elephant

I thought since it is the beginning of 2008 I would sort of update my stats for the gym, so I don't have to keep looking at old posts

My weight as of 01/01/2008: 140.5 lbs
I would still like to lose at least 10 more lbs, possibly more

Weights that I use
dumbbells: light 7 lbs medium 10 lbs heavy 12lbs (as of right now)

Barbell weight used for BodyPump classes this is a total, not per side
warmup: 20lbs
squats: 40lbs will start this weight next BP class
chest: 30lbs
back: 30lbs
triceps: 20lbs
biceps: 20lbs
lunges: hold two 5 lb weights, but will try holding 10s instead just not sure of grip because 10s are bigger and I do have small hands
shoulders: start with 2 5s for lateral raises, then use bar with 20lbs loaded for overhead presses
abs: getting a lot easier, at first were quite hard, they do abs very slowly, use barbell for prone bar roll or do hovers, then stretch

Running 5k 3 times a week at least (right now pb time is 33:20)
will of course update these as I go heavier, or faster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:27 pm 
Elephant

I didn't run today because it was quite cold out. I know I live in Florida, but after you live here for over 6 months you just can't take the cold. Not to mention I don't really have clothes for cold weather. Anyway I took a BodyPump class today, and felt pretty good. I didn't up my squat weight yet, but did manage to bench press using 30lbs, and my right shoulder/ pec area didn't hurt so that's good. I am running tomorrow, it will be a bit warmer, and not as windy. I can't get out of it this time lol, because I'm meeting the trainer. I'm also doing Kickboxing in the morning before work, but I don't know if I'll do anything else after I run in the afternoon.

Last edited by hsorlando on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:35 pm 
Elephant

Breakfast: 8:30 am oatmeal w/banana & black coffee
Lunch:12:30pm Amys pot pie
Snack:4:30pm clif bar
Snack:7:00pm banana
Dinner:9:30 2 burritos & brown rice

I always drink a lot of water, and I also had some iced tea.

We aren't keeping any soda in the house anymore bacause my brothers 2 year old girl goes crazy when she sees soda. Unfortunately my brothers ex has a stupid mom that was giving the girls soda, and the 2 year old seems to be addicted to it. I shouldn't consume it anyway so I'm glad we won't have it in the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:10 pm 
Elephant

Had another great workout, well actually two today. This morning did KB, it'll be a new trainer next week, but we're told she's awesome, we'll see! Anyway I've been in a bit of a mood the last few days so I really enjoyed punching stuff in class. I wasn't as tired as I usually am after KB, so I guess that means I'm getting in better shape, and my endurance is finally going up. It was still cold today in the 40s, last night we broke a 5 year record for how cold it was, I think it got to around 30 degrees, which xonsidering it's Florida was cold! After work I went back to the gym, and met the trainer. My Mom is also starting, so I ran by myself for 2.5 miles, then the running instructor worked with me on speed, so I can get faster for my next race. I ran for 5 seconds, then sprinted for 5 seconds for the last half mile. I actually caught up to her a couple times, I think she was as surprised as I was. I did not stay for Latin Cardio, I think after nearly 2 years I have taken it as far as I can. I have to face it I am way more comfortable lifting a barbell, than shaking my hips! I missed Tuesday, so I may possibly go to the gym tomorrow, but not 100% sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 pm 
Elephant

Breakfast:8:45 am oatmeal w/banana & black coffee
Lunch:3:45pm 1 burrito, 1/2 sandwich
Snack:5pm clif bar
Dinner:9pm Fantastic Foods vegan Chicken soup, 1/2 sandwich

Someone was supposed to drop off my lunch, but didn''t get there untilI was almost leaving for the gym. I shouldn''t have eaten so much right before I ran at 5:30, the clif bar sort of just sat there, but at least I had energy to run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:18 pm 
Elephant

Had a quick workout tonight. Not much to it, just did some machines.
I started with 10 minutes of cardio on a Precor eliptical machine, then did legs. My reason for working out with only machines was I just wanted to see how heavy I could go. I'll do my best to remember exact weights.
Leg extentions: 10 reps 40, 8/50, 8/50,8/50
Leg press: 4 sets 140lbs 8 reps
Calf Raises w/15 lb hand weights 3 sets 8 reps (waiting for machine)
Leg curls (lying down) 4 sets, played around with 50-70lbs and 6-10reps
Calf machine: (standing) 100lbs 8 reps 80lbs 8 reps 80lbs 8 reps
Then I did some abs with a 6lb medicine ball (about 50) & stretching

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 59  Next