Ben's Trog-Liog (Training + Life Blog)

9:30 - fruit salad (pineapple, clementime, pomegranate, apple, pear) + peppermint tea

11:45- 3 dates, 1 TB coconut butter

5K Tempo Run ( 20:30...42 seconds faster than last week!)

12:35- recovery pudding

1:35- 1/2 serving natural Vega in water

3:15- *Christmas Dinner* - Autumn latkes from veganomicon, homemade applesauce, Seitan O' Greatness (recipe someone posted on the forum while back) , green beans almondine, sherry cooked mushrooms, orange juice and maple syrup glazed baby carrots

7:15 - raw blended salad soup (spinach, celery, cucumber, sprouts, tomato) + very large slice of homemade macrobioticish pecan pie

My goal was to get my 5k under 21 and I went 30 seconds under so I was pleased with that.

I was also pleased with the pecan pie, very tasty indeed. Tasted pretty similar to regular pecan pie but not as sweet, which means I could stomach to eat a very large piece hehe.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to load this up yesterday. I tired making tofu scramble for the first time yesterday and It was good but didn't turn out the way I was trying to. there's a veg cafe in austin that make the BEST tofu scramble that tastse more like popcorn chicken i guess

10:30- 2 dates, 1 TB coconut butter

30 minutes easy running (4 miles?)

11:15- bananna, dulse

12:15- green smoothie w/ 3 leave romaine, 1/2 serving vega, pumpkin seeds, orange, frozen bananna.

3:40- large salad w/ 3 cups mixed greens, radish, celery, sprouts, beet, carrot sunflower seeds + 4 brazil nuts

6:40- tofu scramble, few pieces of Seitan O' Greatness , leftover green beans almondine, sherry cooked mushrooms, orange juice and maple syrup glazed baby carrots from xmas dinner

9:00- 2 slices pecan pie (1/4 of the pie-ack!)

8:15- 2 dates, 1 TB coconut butter

1 hour run with 1 minute sprints every 10 minutes + lower body bodyweight exersizes (3 x 30 squats, lunges, calf raises)

9:30- recovery drink

10:30- Green Smoothie w/ Spinach, 1 serving vega, pineapple, frozen bananna

2:00- large salad w/ 3 cups mixed greens, sprouts, radish, celery, carrot, dulse, guacamole, hazelnuts

6:15- steamed kabocha squash + few slices of Seitan O'Greatness + bowl of homemade applesauce

9:00- 2 slices pecan pie (the last 1/4 of the pie!- ack!) + kukicha tea

jeez i went to get my passport today and was in the post office for almost exactly 3 hours! I know its because of the holiday and lots of people are off work but I didn't feel like dealing with it again and I needed to get it filled out cuz I'm going to india in may.

However the woman working there was rather amazed at my green smoothie that I brought in hehe and was suprinstly pleasant...I still wouldn't want to wait 3 hours to get that pleasantry but still.

8:50- 2 dates, 1 TB coconut butter

1 hour 15 minutes workout on total gym + Abs (v-ups + planks)

10:30- recovery pudding

11:50- 1/2 serving natural vega in water

1:05- (had lunch at thai restaurant) -vegetables and tofu in spicy curry sauce, stir fry thai basil eggplant, brown/wild rice

3:40- pineapple, 2 clementimes

6:30-bowl of homemade applesauce, handful of cashews

7:15- Salad w/ mixed greens, celery, sprouts, red pepper, beet, mushrooms, radish + "Moroccan sweet potatoes and vegetables" (sweet potatoes, butternut squash chickpeas, onion, carrots, raisans, cinammon) + 2 slices bananna bread + kukicha tea

I was pretty darn pleased with the bananna bread that I made last night. I used the recipe in Veganomicon but modified it to be way healthier, still very tasty and my family like it as well (my dad put earth balance on top of it...he said he always puts butter on bananna bread??)

My grandfather came in today looking forward to many a chess matches with him before I go back to austin, my goal is always to beat him once when he visits : )

Also looking forward to my long run on sunday - 20m!, hope its as nice outside as its been lately then!

10:25- 1 pear, 2 clementimes

Light ride about 30 minutes

12:50- Green Smoothie with Spinach, 1 serving natural Vega, pumpkin seeds, orange, frozen bananna

4:00- Medium salad (leftover from dinner last night) + rooibos tea

6:45- 2 apples, cranberries, 1/2 pomegranate, 2 dates, bowl of strawberries

8:45- peppermint tea

carb-loading on fruit again for my long run tomorrow. everyone else at dinner tried one of the raw cranberries I was eating and gagged on how sour it was..hehehe wimps.

beat grandapa at chess tonight

7:45 - homemade energy bar

- 20m long run marathon training (2:45) slurrped on thrive diet energy gel througout

11:36- recovery pudding,

12:45- Smoothie w 1 serving berry vega, frozen bananna, frozen strawberries, romaine lettuce

5:00 - 2 bowls of leftover "Moroccan sweet potatoes and vegetables"

7:15- Large salad from restaurant

8:15- 2 clementimes

10- 2 1/2 slices bannana bread

The long run felt pretty good and I didn't have mucy knee of hip flexor problems at all. Gonna take it easy today, might do some pilates later. My mom requested that I make the spagetti and wheatballs for dinner again ...haha so thats a good sign.

The long run felt pretty good and I didn't have mucy knee of hip flexor problems at all. Gonna take it easy today, might do some pilates later. My mom requested that I make the spagetti and wheatballs for dinner again ...haha so thats a good sign.

I don't think I realized you've had hip flexor issues. Can you tell me more about your experience?

I'm glad the run went well. 20 miles is a long ways. That's probably what I'll max out at in my training.

I don't think I realized you've had hip flexor issues. Can you tell me more about your experience?

I haven't really had any major issues but during the 20K I did in the beginning of december it was acting up and was sore for about a week afterwards, i.e. it hurt to lift my leg up to put my socks on in the morning for a couple of days. I went to my school's trainer they did some ice/heat and STEM for about a week afterwards and that seemed to of make most of it go away. Occasionally it still acts up a little bit but doesn't really bother/impair me like it did during that race/week.

All I have to say is that I want some of your wheatballs.

No problem there were some leftovers so what is it like 75$ to overnight to maryland? At least thats how much temptation ice cream was charging to overnight one of their pumpkin ice cream pies from chicago to texas hehe.

10:45- 1 pear

1- Large salad w/ 3 cups mixed greens, sweet potato, carrots, beets, sunflower seeds, black seasme seeds

4- Extra thick smoothie/ soft serve with 2 frozen bannas, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 serving berry Vega, LOTS of unsweetned soymilk

6:40- ezekiel spaghetti and wheatballs, steamed greens

I haven't had soymilk in a long time and tonight I remembered why.... GAAAAASSSS and lots of it. hehe

Didn't end up doing any pilates just rode my bike alongside my gf as she jogged as my "recovery ride", but tomorrow may try to get in 5k tempo run if im recovered enough.

I'm meeting ed and michelle at a new years potluck brunch tomorrow and am pumped about it!

Did you really pay that much to get ice cream???

haha heavens no, I just saw it on their website a few weeks ago and just for giggles looked to see how much it would be to overnight the pumpkin ice cream pie, since the only other option was to pick it up at their factory in chicago I think.

It'll get to you eventually. I went the the Animal Rights Conference in DC and had it there(never heard of it before that)...after two months I was surprised to find it in abundance in Richmond, VA.

9:45- 1 pear

11:45- (At Michelle and Ed's brunch potluck!)- lots of pineapple, grapes, strawberries, 2 slices spelt bananna bread, 2 small pumpkin waffles with maple syrup

4:30- 3 dates, lil bit coconut butter

warm up, 5K tempo run (20:12)

6- bananna, handful dulse

7- 1/2 serving berry Vega in water, black-eyed peas, cabbage, brown rice

10- small bowl of "moroccan sweet potatoes and vegetables, Large salad w/ 3 cups mixed greens, green beans,celery, brocolli, + 1 apple

I was pleased with my 5K time, knocked off 20 seconds or so from last week, which was 45 seconds faster than previous week! I was running a route that I hadn't done before in a neighborhood that wasn't my own and I slowed down a couple times and even stopped once completly to makes sure I was still going the right way, so otherwise I'm sure it woulda been under 20 minutes.

Meeting Ed and Michelle in person was fun and was unfortunate that we didn't get to hang out more, but I am very pumped about going back to austin to start my cycling teams winter training camp, jeez gotta get back to packing!!!!

8:30- performance pancakes

- 90m Bike Ride, training with cycling team ate 2 homemade energry bars,6 oz of homemade energy gel, and coconut water throughout

5- 1 bananna

5:40- recovery pudding

6:40- 1 Serving Berry Vega in water

7:50- dinner at macrobiotic restaurant w/ White Miso, Vegetable, Wakame soup + Medium & Short Brown Rice with Pepitas+ Kidney w/ Suncheese+ Mushrooms, Carrots, Onions & Guacamole Tacos (2) + Steamed Greens+ 2 plates of salad + pickeled beets

It was mighty cold today on the ride, but I had gone out yesterday and gotten some cold gear (toe wind breaks, base layer, ear wrap thing, full finger gloves) and that helped alot. I am by far and far the leasnt experienced guy on the team and man does it show! -yesssh

anyway the ride was supposed to be 105, but the pack-leaders called the sweeper SAG car (which was basically the SAG for me and one other guy who were waaaaaaayyy behind them) and said the road they were on sucked majorly and they packed it up, so I did as they recommened and just stick my bike in the car from a certain point.

While I really wanted to get to a full century that was still the longest I have ever ridden ( second being a 70 or 65m ride during my oregan bike tour last summer) So i was pleased. jeez need to get to bed now!

(from yesterday)

9:50- performance pancakes

- 30m Recovery Ride

1-2 energy bars

2:45- Smoothie w/1 serving berry vega, collard greens, frozen bananna, frozen acai

6:20- quinoa, sprouted spelt pizza w/ spinach and vegan gourmet, chia pudding (from veg. food van)

8- pear

9:40- pear, arame w/lime and hemp oil

My cycling team also praticed bumping and tight cornering yesterday which was fun, feeling alot more comfortable on my road bike/clip in now.

I think I'm swearing off the vegan cheese for good now. I don't really miss cheese at all so I nenver buy it myself (not to mention its not that good for you) but occcasionally get it on a pizza at this local veg food van. I'm gonna start doing promo work for them on campus and so me and the owner were talking and he gave me all the food for free, so it wasn't a total loss but I def. like it better without the vegan cheese and I always feel kinda dirty or somehting after eating it.

here's a picture of me trying to look tough yesterday during out team "photoshoot"

note the rubber bands holding up the sleeves ...so hard haha

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v161/204/55/57801492/n57801492_30915476_3602.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v166/204/55/57801492/n57801492_30915466_3990.jpg

8:40- performance pancakes

5 x 15 minute crit simulation

11:30- recovery pudding

1- Green Smoothie with Spinach, frozen acai, frozen bananna, 1 Serving Berry Vega

3:30- Large Salad w/3 cups baby greens, turnip, cabbage, carrots, celery, guacamole,

6:30- 6 dates, 1 apple, 1 orange, 2 kiwis, 1 pear

I've got a super hilly 30K race tomorrow morning, so I carb-loaded on fruit again tonight. Hopefully I can get to bed reasonably soon and tear it up (and not my knee) sunday morning!

The Crits were fun but man am I slooooooooww compared to most of the other guys ,for now... ....

Starting tomorrow night I'll be doing a week long raw food green cleanse where I am going to try to be as strict as possible and only eat green smoothies and other blended green things (raw green soups, blended salads etc), sea vegetables and fresh fruit. I just got back from the store with tons of produce, I'm excited about it and hope I'm able to keep up during the first week of the new semester. (starts monday-ack!)