Bodybuilding Quest for 2006

robert

Ok here it is:

One of my new exciting goals:

In 2006 I hope to have at least 4 vegan bodybuilders all share the same stage. I have been tossing names around in my head. I know at the moment we don't have too many competitive vegan bodybuilders but I figured we'd decide on a specific contest and aim for it. At the contest we'd have Robert, Topher, Alex, Mike (PetaBodybuilder), Robbie and maybe others all on the SAME STAGE. We'd all be representing Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness. We'd probably pick a pretty good size Natural Bodybuilding contest so we can get lots of exposure and impact lots of people.

Imagine a contest where athlete after athlete, you hear on the microphone their bio description as the MC announces them as VEGAN representing VEGAN BODYBUILDING & FITNESS.

So that is a goal of mine. This isn't just open to men. There are many divisions for women inluding bodybuilding, fitness, figure, model search, divas, etc.

So competitive vegan bodybuilders and fitness athletes.......let's pick out a contest, get on stage together and make a HUGE impact.

The best part....we all get to compete together, all will be sponsored by Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness so your entry fee, drug-testing fee and all that will be paid for, and we'll hopefully claim the top 3 spots!

I know VB&F has been short on money recently but as our movie comes out this winter and we make more progress with other projects, we'll be able to afford to help each athlete out.

So what do you think....who's in?

I'll get on the natural bodybuilding websites soon and look at the schedules and locations for 2006 contests if they have them posted.

Let's rock this place!

-Robert

AWESOME!

I'm in!

That's a wonderful idea, Robster!

When choosing the date, maybe it would be good to choose a competition close to our vegan vacation, then i (and others from Europe) would not have to fly around the world twice the same year.

EVERYBODY: TRAIN FOR THIS!

There must be some of the girls here who are in shape for that, too. They are just to shy to post their pics

And about the money, maybe selling a few hundred copies of the Fit Vegan Calendar helps...

Great idea, Robert, i'm already pumped for it!

Thanks Alex!

Yeah, I was pretty excited when I thought of this. First I thought of just Me and Topher, being cool to have 2 vegans on stage, then I wanted You in too, and then I thought about all the other vegan bodybuilders, and then the women too. So we can have a whole variety of people all representing Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and we'd totally steal the whole show!

I also just thought about having it near the Vegan Fitness Vacation time but you beat me to it. I didn't mention it initially bit it is also a great idea. Maybe we could work it out so some Vacation people could watch us?

We'll have to figure out the details, but I agree.....Everyone start training for this! We could even do a circuit, hit up a couple of shows per year eventually, and kinda go on tour and compete and do lectures, presentations, attend vegan festivals, etc. There are many BIG things we could do, but first, we'll just share the stage, and finally we won't be the only vegan on stage each time we compete.

Thin Thin Ready To Compete Again Him

Thin Thin Ready To Compete Again Him

Sunday i was crushed, and was glad that my next contest is in three weeks, not this weekend! But now i'm already ready for another competition, too

Oh, i'm spending too much time here in the internet, i gotta go now, catch you later!

Yeah I know what you mean. That feeling of competing makes you want to do it all over again and again. You always think about things you could have done differently, and this and that, and just the FUN of it, makes you want to hop back on stage.

It's around 3AM where I am now but I'm at work doing the graveyard shift so not too many people around....which means I can play on the computer...something I rarely ever do during my normal day shift when its so busy.

I hope others will get involved with this. I haven't found a 2006 contest schedule yet, but there will be tons in the spring and summer months and I figure we'll do it sometime in June, July or August, around the same time as our Vegan Fitness Vacation.

And yes, all the calendars, t-shirts, movies, etc. we sell between now and then will go to help sponsor the athletes who want to take part in this competition event.

-Robert

I think we could and SHOULD do this multiple times, but I'm looking to do it during the summer around the Vegan Fitness Team Vacation time. That is also the major time for bodybuilding competitions.

I'm still looking into the schedule for 2006 contests.

Thanks for your interest!

-Rob

This was partially Topher's idea too. We talked about having multiple vegans on the same stage...possibly the two of us plus Alex, and then I thought we should get As Many As Possible and make an even greater impact.

I hope we get more and more people involved. We have until sometime during the summer so plenty of time to train.

If you have questions about how to train for a contest, feel free to ask those of us who have done it and done fairly well.

Robert

Im down like fall leaves in the forest. count me in

Of course you are. It was not a question You just have to be

Robert, great project.

Of course we'll support everyone with our experience and knowledge - just ask. I think by now i know a bit about pre-contest diets and stuff

I wish I could step up to the plate, but I don't think I'd be able to do it. I just got started with weights, and based on my body history, I can't imagine getting rid of enough fat to be able to compete. Plus, my primary focus next April-Sept is going to be road cycling races, and I think the diet/prep (the cutting phase) for a contest might not combine well with that high level of cycling.

It would be pretty awesome if I could be in the kind of shape it would take to compete at some point in my life.

I'd love to be there to support those of you who do compete next year!

I can't imagine getting rid of enough fat to be able to compete. Plus, my primary focus next April-Sept is going to be road cycling races, and I think the diet/prep (the cutting phase) for a contest might not combine well with that high level of cycling.

If that's the "problem", i think it is none

Mike did a bodybuilding show and a week later an ultramarathon! ... actually, i haven't heard from him since then ...

Anyway, the amount of cycling you'll do should help burning fat - take it as the stage preparation All you need is an appropriate weight training plan and diet. Of course it's an effort, but possible it is.

Love and peace,

Daywalker