Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:33 pm 
You're soon to be 2/3rds of the way to being a triathlete :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:45 pm 
Stegosaurus

bpmojo wrote:
you should incorporate some more body-checking into your non-running training. :D

I hear that the really progressive physiotherapist recommed it.

you want her to play hockey? Or take up skating so she could slam ppl against the boards? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:51 pm 
Rabbit

neither, just body-check people randomly....works the ...eerrr core muscles.

Plus you could make it like a message thing and like body-check people in the grocery store when they pick up a oscar meyer hot dog 6-pack.

"what the hell bro"

"Sorry Its a disease, I unconsciously body check people when they are about to eat bad food"

and then hand them an OA pamplet and a bananna?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:18 pm 
Elephant

pamela wrote:
Friday I did no exercise, and today I did a half hour walk and will follow up with 1/2 an hour of yoga and an upper body work out.

I actually followed up with nothing on Saturday. But on Sunday I went for a 3k walk, swam for an hour, and did 1/2 hour of yoga. This morning I did an arms workout.

I went for another physio appointment this morning. She says I'm looking much better, much more aligned, and wants me to try an easy 5k run tomorrow focusing on my core. She wants me to see how I feel afterwards, but I don't really know what I'm looking for because I never really had pain before, after or during running anyway. I am going back on Thursday. She can't assure me that I can join the speed work group for the Jan. 16 session though, which is frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 pm 
Elephant

Oh, and I feel like a hot prospect with all you guys discussing what my next athletic move should be. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:22 pm 
I say do more yoga...I don't think any guys is ever gonna complain about a vegan woman being to flexible :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 am 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
I say do more yoga...I don't think any guys is ever gonna complain about a vegan woman being to flexible :D

Well, my yoga for runners classes start next Monday. ;)

Seriously though, I've been doing yoga for nearly two years off and on, and my flexibility has improved only a small amount. It has helped to improve my strength much more.

So I did the physiotherapist prescribed 1/2 hour run this morning. I did just short of 5k... took it really slow. No snow on the roads, and a break in the rain too! She told me to pretty much do a kegel through the whole run, which I tried my best to do. No pain or discomfort, but there never has been. She's added some lunges to my routine, and I think I'm going to start some core exercises on my own. Runners World has a special section on it this issue. Maybe I'll get a six pack. ;)

This is one of the runners featured in the article, Carrie Tollefson. She has a great runner's physique. I'm getting close to that, and it's what I'm aiming for. Of course she's a sprinter, but we seem to have similar body types (she's 5'9" and 120 lbs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:41 am 
Stegosaurus

veganpotter wrote:

Yeah and when you get to good at that. You should take up Pull dancing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:00 pm 
This is a pic of what I'd consider a perfect body. She's the best heptathlete in the world(Carolina Kluft). She's really crazy like all the Swedish but she makes up for it with hotness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:43 pm 
Elephant

Well, I can start running again.

But only 30 minutes. And only every other day.

I can increase that incrementally. But it'll take weeks to build back to where I left off.

I'm not happy. I realize I have to do what she tells me to do though. But this means the main race I have been planning on doing is out. It isn't worth doing it if I can't do it in the time I want. And I don't think I'll have enough time with this set back to get to where I want to be.

This sucks. And to think, it's all for an injury I don't even feel when running. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:20 pm 
Elephant

I ran about 5k tonight, in about 27 minutes. I listened to Chi running part one before I went. I tried to listen to part 2 while I ran but I couldn't get it loud enough. So I just tried to incorporate what I learned in part one while I was running.

I was a beautiful night for a run. Almost no wind, clear roads, temperature just below freezing. It was a good way to end a crappy day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:44 pm 
Elephant

We swam on Friday night. Yesterday I ran about 40 minutes. Today I walked for 40 minutes.

I'm doing my stretches and stuff twice a day. It takes quite a bit of time.

I'm not going to run tomorrow even though I'm scheduled to, because the weather is nicer for Tuesday. I'm going to run Tuesday am and Wednesday pm. We start yoga for runners tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:53 pm 
How are you liking the water???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 pm 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
How are you liking the water???

meh, it's ok. At least I look good in a bathing suit. But I'd rather be running. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:20 pm 
Stegosaurus

Takes awhile to get use putting your face in the water.
It took me awhile to get it back, but I still get annoyed with the water in my face
Besides who wants to be in a dirty pool.
I rather be swimming open water.

Are you aqua jogging Pamela?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next