Ninja Training & Diet Vol. 3

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well definition is basically muscle mass + lowbodyfat, so it's probably more effective to do a reasonable number of reps (with added weight). Otherwise you're just training endurance (nothing wrong with that) but it will not increase definition.

That being said, I like to do a lot of pushups as well, just for fun. But I really hate crunches never do them (voluntarily) and I still got abs.

• 2 months later...

Okay, recovered from illness almost entirely, so I went back to my training guide!

Friday: Legs

Training:

Squats: 10 sets of 20 (200 total)

side leg raises: 10 sets of 10 (100 total) (each leg)

oned-legged calf raises: 10 sets of 10 (100 total) (each leg)

Bonus:

I was still pumped, because I haven't been able to work out for a long time due to illness and stuff, so I also did:

ab crunches: 4 sets of 25 (100 total) sexy time

bicep curls: 17.5kg each arm x7 x6 x5

Hopefully will do some cardio as well, I have done a bit of slam-man punching but I want to do more before the end of the day

Food:

Morning: bowl of oats with soy milk + 1 spoon of sugar

Afternoon: brown rice + yeast flakes

Evening: brown rice + yeast flakes

Evening: Double protein shake

Drink:

Water

Saturday: Intended to be day off

Went skating for 1 hour, I felt the strain in my lower back from the squats yesterday, and some strain in my feet. Now my legs have been worked over time

Chin ups: 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1 (17 total)

Food:

Morning: Oats

Afternoon: Marmite on toast

Afternoon: bowl of pasta

Evening: bowl of brown rice with carrot and onion and yeast flakes

Evening: bowl of brown rice

Drink:

Water

1/2 glass of ginger beer

Sunday: Again a day off however I went skating for an hour again, good stuff, and pulverized the slam-man some more

Single arm bicep curls:

17.5kg: x8, x6

12.5kg: x10, x10, x10, x10, x10, x10

Food:

Morning: oats

Afternoon: Peanut butter sandwich

Afternoon: bowl of cranberry wheats

Evening: 6 carrots

Evening: protein shake

Drink:

Water

Continuing to follow the guidelines that I set out, today was chest.

Food:

Afternoon: Brown rice

Afternoon: Three carrots

Evening: Oats

Evening: brown rice & yeast flakes

Drink:

Water

Edited by Richard

Continuing to follow the guidelines that I set out, today was chest.

Food:

Afternoon: Brown rice

Afternoon: Three carrots

Evening: Oats

Drink:

Water

Is that enough food for a ninja?

good to see that you're feeling better richard!

I am trying to cut the flab man. My "before" pictures are just too shameful to show right now - my diet has been crap since I've been ill and since my relationship break-up, and I've been depressed a long time before that and not training... So my body has gone to shit. But hopefully in a few weeks I will have made enough progress to reveal why I have been cutting back on food!

Going into full workout mode was cool, but I was smashed yesterday. I kept it up as long as I could, but my muscles just couldn't do what I wanted, so I couldn't complete the guidelines. I still ate sensibly. Today is shoulders, I'll see what I can do - I am still sore in my chest from monday which might hinder me a little

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, been working out on and off, diet has also been on and off. But today was a good day! Here is a photo of some progress: (still want to hide my mid section, it's not good... hopefully I will beat it and be proud of it again like I used to)

http://www.godfist.com/body/progress_march30.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been depressed this week, haven't got anything done, and been eating crap. But today I am going to resolve all that, and get back to it, not going to eat any more crap. Will be going skating this afternoon. Get it together!

• 2 weeks later...

New motivation: my brother is getting married tomorrow, so I tried on some trousers that I bought a few years ago, and they don't fit me anymore because I've put on weight (fat). That's a shocker, I didn't realise I had put that much on... so that's given me a mental kick up the arse I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, went to my gym today, joined that motherfucker again for a year. I did 2 hours on the bike, new personal best. Also just did a general upperbody work out to get me back in the swing of things, I feel rededicated. The gym moved to a new location, it's really awesome, I might take some photos to share because it's so good in there, much better than the gym you go to.

(^-^) Have you tried DDR / Stepmania ?

It’s bouncy, fun, and just the thing for toning up your lower body and refining your torso. It’s pretty cool too, as it hones up your co-ordination and sense of rhythm (always good down the disco for picking up the girls *bonus !*) and can be a great emotional pick-me up to shake off those feelings of depression.

I totally recommend it !

Hey Richard, I checked out some of your videos . . . really fun! What do you shoot and edit on? Back on topic . . . enjoy your new gym!

Cool, thanks for checking out my videos I've been filming with a JVC digital camcorder, nothing special. I've been editing with Nero Vision and a little bit with just Windows Movie Maker. Also used Audacity to edit some of the sound effects to get them a bit more powerful for the ninja vs jason vid.

Yeah, the new gym is great, but as I haven't trained seriously for so long, I have been taking it easy on the weights, and still quite stiff each morning afterwards. Once my body can take it, I will hopefully keep a log of what I'm doing.

The Jason/Ninja was great . . . I also liked white vrs black. Made me think of the old Mad magazine black spy vrs white spy cartoons (probably before your time) . . . good stuff. How do you like movie maker? I haven't used it. Your videos are creative without using crappy/cheesy special FX . . . very nice.

Look forward to your WO log. I am thinking of doing one when my schedule eases up.

I took some pictures at the gym the other day, to show people where I'm working out, and also maybe encourage some friends. It's run by the same people as it always has been, but they moved to a new location last year which is really awesome, so a lot of my friends haven't seen the place. Much more professional and stuff now I think.

http://godfist.com/gym/

http://godfist.com/gym/02.jpg

The Jason/Ninja was great . . . I also liked white vrs black. Made me think of the old Mad magazine black spy vrs white spy cartoons (probably before your time) . . . good stuff. How do you like movie maker? I haven't used it. Your videos are creative without using crappy/cheesy special FX . . . very nice.

Look forward to your WO log. I am thinking of doing one when my schedule eases up.

Thanks yeah I do remember reading some spy v spy cartoons, same kind of mentality behind them yeah

Movie Maker is alright, but it's not amazingly powerful. Allows you to cut things together, put some sound effects on, put text over it, some simple transitions. But it doesn't allow you to do multiple sound tracks, and there aren't any great special effects.

In Nero Vision, there are filters. I used a couple of simple filters to drain the colour out of Ninja vs Jason, so it's not as saturated or colourful, looks a bit dead / serious, and less like a home movie. Also put some grain over it to make it look aged. Those things are quite subtle, and can't be done in movie maker.

I don't think it's worth doing a special effect if it can't be done professionally / properly, I know what you mean. We did a couple shots which didn't work out as we wanted, so we just cut them out rather than leave in something half-arsed. Same applies to effects, if it's looking silly, it's best to leave it simple I think

Okay, I had a day off yesterday after going to the gym 9 days in a row. Went back today... Thinking of going back to the routine I used to follow at university rather than the one recommended to me on here, since I am more comfortable with that and feel more motivated.

Thursday

Food:

Breakfast: Marmite sandwich

Lunch: Protein shake

Dinner: Protein shake

Night time: Marmite sandwich

Drink:

Water

Exercise:

Bike - 1 hour - 325 calories

Leg raises - 20, 10, 8

Tricep pull down machine - tonnes, one set after the other with lower weights

Bicep Hammer curls - 15kg, 12.5kg, 10kg, 7.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg all to failure one after the other with no gaps, really hurts!

Chest press machine - same kind of deal, can't remember numberz

Did Chest, Shoulders and Triceps today. Man my arms were totally destroyed by the end, I could barely stretch my arms up to take off my shirt afterwards, and it felt like hard work holding onto the steering wheel in my car.