Denise Nicole's Figure Journal (AKA SeaSiren)

I really want to see I Am Legend! Let me know how it was.

So weird you should mention your wrist.

I SLEPT on my wrist wrong 3 weeks ago and the pain hasn't gone away. So frustrating! I should probably wrap it. Today is the first day it's starting to feel okay though (knock on wood). Do you avoid certain dumbbells or exercises and switch to more wrist friendly ones when your having wrist issues or do you just muscle through the exercise you had laid out for you.

Wrists are still sore .... I do however have arthritis since I was about 20. So I am trying to decide if it is weak wrists or the arthritis that was aggravated. However, aside from resistance a "normal" lifting pain, I wasn't getting the shooting pain like I normally would for arthritis pain. So I am going to do these at least once more and see what happens. I really felt the zottmans in the forearms, which I liked.

As the weight I am lifting continues to climb, I will start using straps to compensate for my arthritic hands.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got out of I Am Legend and agree about the ending:

SPOILERS although not "completely hidden" HIGHLIGHT TO READ:

Him trying to reason with them in the end was simply ridiculous, he had already made mention that they had completed evolving (or what ever words he used) and were no longer human at all

The dog entering the dark building .... um give me a break. My dog, bless his little heart, is "none to bright", and wouldn't be dumb enough to do that. Not an instinctual thing, and they played on his instincts before that.

Falling on the knife .... who the freak wrote that part??? In an instinctual fall, never would have happened.

The butterfly thing at the end ... um OK whatever.

All that being said..... I loved it, action, mindless entertainment, things blow up .... yep my kind of movie! Oh AND I liked the infected people, they were pretty cool

SeaSiren,

I think you rock. You'd get my vote for best transformation of the year as far as where you were then and where you are now (on a physique and accomplishment scale for your industries).

You've done amazingly well and I'm very proud of you. I've been thinking about that lately and wanted to let you know.

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's friends like you and those here, that helped push me further.

I just got out of I Am Legend and agree about the ending:

SPOILERS although not "completely hidden" HIGHLIGHT TO READ:

Him trying to reason with them in the end was simply ridiculous, he had already made mention that they had completed evolving (or what ever words he used) and were no longer human at all

The dog entering the dark building .... um give me a break. My dog, bless his little heart, is "none to bright", and wouldn't be dumb enough to do that. Not an instinctual thing, and they played on his instincts before that.

Falling on the knife .... who the freak wrote that part??? In an instinctual fall, never would have happened.

The butterfly thing at the end ... um OK whatever.

All that being said..... I loved it, action, mindless entertainment, things blow up .... yep my kind of movie! Oh AND I liked the infected people, they were pretty cool

SeaSiren,

I think you rock. You'd get my vote for best transformation of the year as far as where you were then and where you are now (on a physique and accomplishment scale for your industries).

You've done amazingly well and I'm very proud of you. I've been thinking about that lately and wanted to let you know.

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's friends like you and those here, that helped push me further.

Also, did you notice how the zombie he took to study, was the zombie who came after him's girlfriend? Hence why he came out into the daylight... surprising will smith didn't understand that, no wonder the zombie was angry. ;D I don't understand why he said "they were no longer human" rescuing a loved one seems fairly human.

Why didn't he give his dog the antidote to the virus that worked for that one rat?

Also, why didn't he just get in the little compartment they did, then throw the grenade and close the door... dummbbb the movie ended in what should have been the middle!

Tattoo Artist should be getting back to me soon on his design idea. Contacting my piercer today, hoping to get the knocked out. Then again, will be on my stomach to get the tattoo done, so that might not be comfortable .... but would take my mind away from the needle, lol And in a "dentist type" chair to do the piercing, which the tat, might still be sore. So I guess 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other ..... just get it done Denise (ya, you should here my conversations to myself).

New Years was fun. Went to Rice House for food, and the owner "Mr B", comes out of the kitchen and gives everyone in the rest a glass of some fruit champagne concoction (quite good actually) with his hat on and blowing a horn, yelling "hoppy new year!!!! , hoppy new year!!!!", SO MUCH FUN! They close at 10-10:30, we were done there and bounced to the Bull on the Beach, the one on my side of town has my Rum, same owners, no rum ..... just some Barcardi or Captains ... not fond of either). So majorly over crowded (not my type of crowd, but I think most of the women had their teeth) and smoky as all get out. I've gotten so I can't take the smoke that well anymore. DE is smoke free and MD will be in Feb. During the summer I was doing the outdoor bars on the docks, so wasn't an issue. Anyway, MD was crawling with troopers and they were getting check points set up everywhere. So we bounced to Seacrets, I made him call first before we approached the door ..... the cover was applying to VIP holders. The only time of year this occurs. I'm not paying $80 for the "same show" of drunks, and the parking lot was 1/2 empty, so must have been pretty lean, I bet they were only hitting about 1000-1200 people. Very slow from them. So next we bounced to our planned final destination, the Fat Tuna, DJ was OK ..... um although he did play "the electric slide" and I though, "you're kidding me, right?". Champagne toast at Mid after countdown, then the bartenders jumped up on the bars and the open mouth shots commenced as everyone lined up under them and took a shot poured in their mouth with a "timer" set. Interesting since most of the crowd was already totally wasted. No I didn't take part in "the show", give me a glass or forget it . I was fine since I had been "pacing myself". Finally off to check on kids and back to where we were staying for the evening, popped a champagne bottle, and had a few .... this was where it became not such a good idea. I woke up after 12 SOOOO freaking groggy and icky. Fell back asleep 'til 6 and packed to go home.

If you followed this far this is where it gets amusing. Found a place to eat that was actually open on the strip (strip of land which runs between the ocean and bay) and sit to eat, had some hair of the dog. And IN WALKS this woman with a full length horrid fur coat. I glanced up and my date about feel out of his chair. (now why this would bug me more than everyone being served steak around me, I have no idea). They were being seated across the rest. When she turns around looks at the table beside me and says "I would rather sit there" .... "I thought you gotta be f*ing kidding me!" My date begins to hand me ketchup bottles..... the squirty kind and can barely hold a straight face. My AR daughter starts to hid them under the table, and he continues to get up and give me another ..... then asked the waitress if they happen to have any red paint. Which she replied "no ran out after painting the town red last night", lol ..... no she wasn't on the same page. He reminded me the police station is only a few blocks away and it could be fun, I said only if while they arresting me, I get to scream at the top of my lungs that they broke my finger (see above on that one). OK, you should be proud of me, the joking was fun, but I maintained my composure and left without incident (aside from all the ketchup we horded), lol

Holiday's are over, so back on track today.

From Monday: Finger was an issue and had probs with some/most of my exercises.

3 sets of abs upper 100-30-30

3 sets of abs lower 30 each

3 set lower back ext 30 each

Individual Shoulder Press wu 12@10, 8@15x2 (up from round 1), RP 6-4-4 @20, wm 10@12 ..... was totally done, couldn't get another out ... was shooting for 30

Tri Push Downs .... this was greatly effected by my broken pinkie and was quite painful at times. Hind site being 20/20, I should have used the short straight bar...duh! wu12@60, 8@110, 8@120, RP 2@130, then the weight bar hit my finger "just right" and about collapsed me. Decided I couldn't get a hold of it correctly at that weight (again other bar would have been fine), and did wm30@60

Wide Grip Pull downs .... this was a disaster. By now my finger was good and hurt and it was almost impossible to get a grip, could not find a strap #1 in my "fitness center" or could have pulled it off better (*note to self, put straps in gym bag) wu 12@30, 8@50, 8@60, Went to RP @ 70 and hit the hand again, no good. wm 30@30

Rows (these weren't as effected, but think I could have gone slightly heavier, had I had full grip capabilities) wu 12@30, 8@50x2, No RP ... hand to sore, wm 30@25

stretching

Tanning after gym, then 30min steady cardio on tread, shower and the rest of the eve is as per above.

Today is cardio, tanning and gym (not necessarily in that order). Thought for sure there was a March comp, but can't find hide nor hair of it! Looks like I have 2 in April anyway.

Elbows closed in. I was using a three finger grip on the right hand.... It's more than I weigh so hard to get into place. that's where the blondness kicked in. Could have done more weight ..... right tool for the job. Next round short bar, until total healing. FYI - high pain tolerance .... as per the toe I broke last year .... I set it myself

Prefer not to splint it .... but do baby it a little bit.... not much though .... more aggravated at the inconvenience more than anything else. Break is in the last joint.

You're kind of my new hero

You rock babe!!!!!!!

Thank you Darlin'

Yesterday:

Hit the gym at an odd time, trying to avoid the Before work / Lunch Break / And After Work NY Res crowd who hog the machines, take forever and haven't a clue. That being said .... they will disappear soon enough and they pay to keep the gym open with their yearly mem fees they don't use.

Got there at about 3 (was hoping for 2), about a dozen cardio queens in the cardio room and only 5 lifters on the floor. By the time I was done, one of the 20 something queens comes out glances around the weight room several times and heads directly for the thigh machine ..... I could have called it.

PTer was on the floor , always a source of entertainment to me.

I'm gonna set them in a frenzy when I finish up this PT Cert. I already warned the owners, that I'm a majorly tough trainer (was known for it when I taught hunter/jumper students .... but I freaking got results!), and will NOT coddle the clientele. So they better pre-warn them before they come to me. Funny they still want me, perhaps they need someone like that on the floor.

Anyway Training:

Upright Barbell Rows from floor - wu 12@40, 8@85x2, RP 6-6-6@90(PB), wm 30@40 (no pause)

Notes: I like these from the floor so much better! The rack at the gym is freaking to tall and not adjustable for someone as short as me. I had such a better range of motion from the floor and regardless of my grip problem (broken pinkie), I was still able to really rock this one.

Underhand Pull Downs - wu 12@30, 8@65x2, RP 6-6-6 @70, wm 30@35 (no pause)

Notes: I wanted 75 so badly in my RP, but couldn't get a good grip enough to pull it off (forgot my darn straps!!!!) However, managed to get 2 more reps in than last week and up my 8 from 60 to 65. So all in all, it was something.

Barbell Curls -wu 12@20, 8@30x2, RP 6-6-6@40, wm 30@20 (no pause)

Notes: weak BP for me .... did manage to get a few more reps out on the RP and no pause on the wm this week. So again something .... though not as much as I had hoped

extreme stretch

normal stretching

Tanning than later that eve, 30min steady cardio on incline tread

Abs:

upper 100-30-30

lower 30-30-30

stretching

Cardio planned for today (45 min) as well as abs. Need to work on getting more of this left over merch on ebay today.... I want my weight room back!!!!

Another submission due today, block of time for accounting (year and wrap up and taxes to finish the old biz). And must wade through these offers which came in over the holidays. Also "decluttering" again ... all this "stuff" is making my head spin and I need to prepare the living room for the new "make-over" as per previous post.

[quote name="robert"By the time I was done' date=' one of the 20 something queens comes out glances around the weight room several times and heads directly for the thigh machine ..... I could have called it.

[/quote]

OMG, what is with women and that damn thigh machine?????

My favorite is watching them sit there for 20 minutes doing hip abductors while chatting on the cell phone. Please just shoot me.

So which show are you doing first Denise? What's the date?

My favorite is watching them sit there for 20 minutes doing hip abductors while chatting on the cell phone.

That's what I do.

What, watch the women on the thigh machine or talk on your cell phone while sitting on the thigh machine?

BOTH

You're kind of my new hero

You rock babe!!!!!!!

Thank you Darlin'

Yesterday:

Hit the gym at an odd time, trying to avoid the Before work / Lunch Break / And After Work NY Res crowd who hog the machines, take forever and haven't a clue. That being said .... they will disappear soon enough and they pay to keep the gym open with their yearly mem fees they don't use.

Got there at about 3 (was hoping for 2), about a dozen cardio queens in the cardio room and only 5 lifters on the floor. By the time I was done, one of the 20 something queens comes out glances around the weight room several times and heads directly for the thigh machine ..... I could have called it.

PTer was on the floor , always a source of entertainment to me.

I'm gonna set them in a frenzy when I finish up this PT Cert. I already warned the owners, that I'm a majorly tough trainer (was known for it when I taught hunter/jumper students .... but I freaking got results!), and will NOT coddle the clientele. So they better pre-warn them before they come to me. Funny they still want me, perhaps they need someone like that on the floor.

Anyway Training:

Upright Barbell Rows from floor - wu 12@40, 8@85x2, RP 6-6-6@90(PB), wm 30@40 (no pause)

Notes: I like these from the floor so much better! The rack at the gym is freaking to tall and not adjustable for someone as short as me. I had such a better range of motion from the floor and regardless of my grip problem (broken pinkie), I was still able to really rock this one.

Underhand Pull Downs - wu 12@30, 8@65x2, RP 6-6-6 @70, wm 30@35 (no pause)

Notes: I wanted 75 so badly in my RP, but couldn't get a good grip enough to pull it off (forgot my darn straps!!!!) However, managed to get 2 more reps in than last week and up my 8 from 60 to 65. So all in all, it was something.

Barbell Curls -wu 12@20, 8@30x2, RP 6-6-6@40, wm 30@20 (no pause)

Notes: weak BP for me .... did manage to get a few more reps out on the RP and no pause on the wm this week. So again something .... though not as much as I had hoped

extreme stretch

normal stretching

Tanning than later that eve, 30min steady cardio on incline tread

Abs:

upper 100-30-30

lower 30-30-30

stretching

Cardio planned for today (45 min) as well as abs. Need to work on getting more of this left over merch on ebay today.... I want my weight room back!!!!

Another submission due today, block of time for accounting (year and wrap up and taxes to finish the old biz). And must wade through these offers which came in over the holidays. Also "decluttering" again ... all this "stuff" is making my head spin and I need to prepare the living room for the new "make-over" as per previous post.

See you soon!

You all crack me up!! FYI - that's why they turned our toward the wall and there are no mirrors there.

VP - first comp looks like April 5th in Philly. Just got the e-mail. They want to know if I am attending or they are offering my spot to someone else. Apparently there is a big Banquet and some Hall of Fame type stuff after. I thought it pretty cool to get the official invite.

Since one of the big guys invited me, I'm thinking it's prob a good move on my part to attend the entire event from the dinner the eve before to the banquet, to the Hall of Fame ceremony.

So Philly it is on the 5th!

Did have wo today, but totally spent (was on the floor ... literally after widow maker squats ).... gonna go grab dinner out. Update tomorrow

Yesterday:

AM

30 min steady cardio on incline tread

3 sets crunches upper - 100-30-30

3 set lower - 30-30-30

PM

Lower Back Ext 30-30-30

Seated Leg Curls: wu 12@60, 8@120x2, RP 6-6-6@135 wm 30@75

extreme stretch

Seated Calf Raises: wu 12@25, 8@50, 8@60, RP 6-6-6@75 wm [email protected]

extreme stretch

Squats: wu 12@90, 8@120, 8@125, wm 30@90

stretching

Notes:

Felt like I could push more on the first 2 exercises, but I was already pushing more then the week prior, so didn't ..... hind sight (again) should have done it! So today I'm a little upset at myself since I could have gotten more out of the session.

Squats: Darn near killed me! lol Ended up (literally) on the ground after the wm set ..... but that's OK, seemed like a nice place to stretch

Pinkie did not factor into this session at all obviously. However, I do have mobility now, so thinking I'll make out pretty good this week. Also means, no way it could have been a complete break (good thing).

Next comp is now in stone: April 5th in Philly, 3 Figure Divisions, 1 Fitness Model Division .... looking forward to getting back on the stage! I have really missed it so much.

That being said .... that makes last eve my last night "out" to party. Need to buckle down .... have a shoot coming up soon and need to get ready for the comp. It'll be here before I know it!

A little History Past Comp Photos:

1st comp (where I got the nick name "Malibu Barbie"):

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/barbie1.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/potomac9.jpg

2nd Comp:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/069e.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/083e.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/097e.jpg

3rd Comp:

Fitness Model Division (bikini round)

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/ocb1.jpg

Figure

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/ocb9.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/ocb12.jpg

I look forward to training with you at the Arnold Classic next month! Should be awesome!

Yes it will! Still trying to work out the details of where I am supposed to be!

Very nice

thank-you

Slight Diet change due to shoot coming up. Protein stays up, but have dropped my cals just a little bit. Daily 20 steady cardio on incline is being added in to my daily routine now. The key is to take the BF off slowly and not compromise any work I have done re: muscle gains over the last several months.

So today was 20 min cardio on incline tread.

upper abs 100-30-30

lower abs 30-30-30

stretching

I turned in my update for VeganBodybuilding.org and received an e-mail from Pete today. I am now in the main section, you can see my update there:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.org

It's been a long journey .... and "you ain't seen nothing yet!"

It was such a beautiful day, we hit almost 70!!!!! No jacket or coat today

Training:

Again avoiding the Res crowd, so was there by 3 ..... still can't seem to make it by 2.

Light session today:

Tricep Rope Pull Downs: wu 12@50, 8@80x2, RP 6-6-6@95(PB) wm 30@45

extreme stretch

Weighted Decline abs: 30 holding 25lb plate x 3

Lower Back Extensions: 30 holding 25lb plate x 3

stretching

20 min steady cardio (brisk walk) on incline tread

stretching

Training Notes:

Rope Pull Downs came pretty easy today, pinkie not a factor again today, due to the exercises I had on the schedule. And it seems to be healing quite nicely.

Closed another 2 modeling deals today ..... nothing really big, but I'll let you know as soon as they are up.

Still eating clean, has been a little bit of an adjustment, but I know from past history it generally gets easier by day 4.

OK, been busting my but since my last comp and now beginning to concentrate of the new season.

My goal was to bring my thighs, calves, glutes and shoulders up at least 1/4" as much as 1/2".

New stats:

Chest - 36" (91.4 cm) (no change)

Arms - 12" (30.5 cm) (up 1")

Hips - 34" (86.4 cm) (up 1")

Thighs - 20.5" (52.1 cm) (up .5")

Calves - 13" (33.0 cm) (up .5")

Forearms - 9.75" (24.8 cm) (up .25")

That being said, I am carrying more BF than I do at comp. My last comp I was at 104, but had taken my last measurements when I weighted in at 112, I'm at 116 now and beginning a cut (Height is 5'5" / 1.7 m). So we'll see what I have left after. However, I have a tendency to carry any extra BF in my abs .... not in the areas above. So hoping for good results.

I knew I was making progress when my jeans fit in the waist, but getting them over my thighs is a struggle, and my Long Sleeve Shirts from last winter don't fit over my shoulders/upper back, but chest is fine and waist too baggy. Finding clothing is going to be a chore. I am finding myself in athletic wear most days this winter. Can't wait until summer when I can go back to shorts/skirts and spaghetti straps shirts or tanks!

It's funny when I started, many of the above numbers were that same, but I was coming in at 130lbs and was "soft". Everything shrunk when the BF came off, then started to get hard. And now, they are coming up and hard as hell! I get a lot of "damn girl" when someone grabs my arm or leg now .... even at rest. I've come a long way! Of course, I'm not "done" yet, lol But my point being, it was just putting in the time and being totally dedicated and consistent that got me this far.

Today's training schedule is 20 min steady cardio (brisk walk) on incline tread, Abs. And then off for nail appoint.

Still getting adjusted to new eating plan, but starting to finally get a little more settled.

Can anyone tell me what is a Widow Maker?

Nice pictures!!! Shows the dedication and hard work you put in.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick

Here is a good definition from the Intense Muscle board:

A set typically used in Doggrapp Training routines that consist of one forcing themselves to do 20+ repititions (until failure) of a weight they can only do approximately 12 reps with in a normal set. According to most DC'ers, one must doubt the likelihood of success at about 8-10 reps into the set, or do well over 20 reps, and feel truly exhausted, ("breathing like a locomotive"), to be a true widowmaker. Widowmaker sets are normally done only with a main pressing-type quadriceps movement; however, the technique can be adapted to suit other bodyparts when needed. This set is done after doing your normal 2-3 heavy sets.

Vid of a 20 rep one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBxJmlrVXg

Normally I am "done" just prior to the wm set as I have done warm up and then 2-3 sets of 8 as heavy as I can go .... (on other body parts .... not squats! ... I take it up a notch even more and do a Rest Pause Set), then cut the stack in half and commence to "finish" that already stressed body part off. Half way through a wm set, you are ready to scream, as you near the end, you are really pushing yourself to the limit.

I would not suggest them for anyone who is new to lifting. And those that are, have your safety's in place!!!!!! I have completely and utterly failed on wm sets and you need to be prepared or you could get hurt.

Widowmaker,s are for bringing your weak body part,s up on a D/c program,then only of a max of two bodyparts per cycle[blast,s]

Doing widowmaker,s for every body part will only result in you burning out and getting stick thin,unless you are genecticly gifted and on a stack of drugs

D/C training is for experienced trainers that have had at least 7 years of hardcore training,aswell as having read and read all can on D/C,also it is better to get a D/C approved trainer to show you as there are so so much more to D/C training

I went into today's training feeling pretty strong and had a good session over all

Lower Back Ext 30-30-30

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown: wu 12 @ 30, 8 @ 60, 8 @ 70 , RP 6-6-6 @ 75 (PB) , wm 35 @ 30

extreme stretch

Upright Cable Rows: wu 12 @ 30 , 8 @ 70 , 8 @ 90 , RP 6-6-6 @100 (PB) , wm 30 @ 5

extreme stretch

Preacher Curls: wu 12 @ 10 , 8 @ 20 , 8 @ 25 (PB) , wm 30 @ 10

extreme stretch

stretching

Training Notes:

Felt nice and strong this session, and was pleasantly surprised to easily up the weight since last round.

Managed to make it to the gym at 2:30, small crowd. Only female in the weight room again (surprise, surprise).

Tanning (always feel better after a shot of UV)

Daughter w/camera ... random, on my way to do cardio .... see how thrilled I am *insert sarcasm here* lol

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/010907e.jpg

Abs upper 100-30-30

Lower 30-30-30

steady 20 min on tread (brisk walk)

stretching

Still eating clean, the lower cals don't seem to be affecting my lifting, have not weighed in yet, but will prob Fri to make sure things are coming along .... nice and slow .... but coming along.