The World Natural Bodybuilding Championship Results

robert

your legs are way better than the other guys. I really dont see why he won. Maybe he had bigger wings? (i.e. more a that V shape)? I call it wings.

I know you need wings for a bodybuilding contest, and guys that work out generally like to develop their wings, but I dont like wings all that much. If I wanted to see wings, I'd date a bird.

It's all about the abs (and arms), baby

anyway that is just my two cents for what it was worth.

Cool pictures!

The guy is big, but he's got no definition.

I quote an athlete from the German Championship, who was VERY shredded, very big also,

but placed 3rd or 4th only in the heavy weights. He said before he knew his place "I have cuts

everywhere, look at my legs, they have to judge that! If they don't, and prefer mass, i could have

done so - i wouldn't have had to go on the hard diet at all!" He was referring to the winner,

who was a giant but without definition. I think he's absolutely right, what is the diet for when

being cut is judged less than being big??

You had him in the definition department, but he was bigger. So? He also has this skin flap at his belly

As you said, next year - bigger and better, to leave no doubt and no other choice for the

jury than to let you win!

Thanks for the photos. Yeah, the back is the thing that I imagine the judges took most into consideration, his was a lot wider, and it affects a lot of the aesthetics and the stance etc. I agree that all over you have less fat than him. What are your targets now?

Hey fellow vegan friends,

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I know that he beat me fairly easily. He was quite a bit bigger. He cut down initially from 280 pounds to 240 pounds and then contest day he was 188 pounds. I was only 173 on contest day and I've peaked at 193, so he had a much bigger frame. It was pretty cool to be on stage up against a WWF Pro Wrestler because for 13 years, that is exactly what I wanted to be!

In the future I'm going to try to hit the stage with a much larger frame. I was doing nearly 2 months of fairly intense cardio to get shredded but I think I lost some size along the way.

The best photos I think are the ones in the pink trunks that Megan took after the contest was over. Legs are probably my strong point and I have many weak areas to work on.

I don't think the scoring was even close, my pro wrestler buddy John beat me pretty easily but I think if there were more of us I still would have done fairly well against guys closer to my weight.

So we gotta give the big dude credit, he looked pretty awesome. I think I may have been leaner through the legs, but overall he smoked me.

But, there's always next year!

Thanks for the support! I'll get more photos up later this week too.

Robert

good photos rob - you really cut down well.

i would say your strongest points are your forearms (i think they are virtually unbeatable!), your delts, your back, especially around the spine, and the definition in your legs. the biceps are also good. overall leaness is excellent!

weak points would be overall mass, so i think its great you are planning to slap some on. if you could hit the stage with 195-200lbs on your frame you would look really really good. as regards weak muscle groups, your stomach, and the mass of your triceps and chest, which look comparatively small next to your shoulders. you just need to bench bench and bench!

i think, if 200lbs were a target to hit the stage with, you may need to bulk up to 215-220 and then cut back. you would however be a monster!

jonathan

Thanks Jonathan,

I agree that a lot more mass will really help. I've never been over 195 but I plan on it this winter. I've been doing a lot of things that have kept my bodyweight low (movie, competetive basketball, cardio, and lack of money for food). But I plan on adding a bunch of weight this off-season. Topher and I have some big goals of gaining BIG weight!

I know I have many weak parts and I do have a lot to work on from those standpoints. I do take pride in the fact that I grew my forearms to be pretty large. Remember I was 105 pounds entering high school and was never meant to have big forearms big anything really. I also take quite a bit of pride in my quads. I was a long-distance runner with skinny little legs and now my quads usually get noticed on stage. They aren't that huge, but as you can see from some photos, especially in the pink trunks, they aren't that small either. And they are very lean. I can sometimes see feather striations in them. I'll try to get some photos of that soon.

So yeah, over 200 will be nice! I hope to get there. I do a lot of things other than bodybuilding and can't always get as big as I'd like but I'm working on it.

By the way, I don't mind any feedback or criticism. So any and all comments are much appreciated. I have lots of work to do.

Thanks,

Robert

Hey Robert,

Nice photos and congratulations on competing well down there! You must have been doing some cardio because you weren't out of breath in 10 seconds, like you normally are when you play hoops

Seriously though, you look really lean and cut and I see good things ahead!

Nick

Thanks Nobbi, I appreciate the comments.

Also, thanks Nick! Great to see you back on the forum. You are up to 3 posts now! Come back more often (Nick is a childhood friend of mine and one of my basketball teammates).

I hope to continue to improve and get better each year. Thanks for all the support that keeps me going!

-Robert

I agree that your forearms are absolutely sick, but I'd suggest going with the mass (though the biggest problem in that is that you said "Lack of money for food.", which is the reason that, while I'm getting results, I don't think I can get all that big until I graduate from college and can dedicate more time to work to get the money for the food (wow, that's a mouthfull. )

I personally think if you build your mass that everything will fall into place. You should definitley take pride in the fact that you're among the most shredded (Not even in this contest, but most pictures of vegan bodybuilders I see), and if you bulked up, you'd probably strengthen those muscles.

Ed

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to work to add size this winter. If I sell enough movies I'll be able to eat quite well

I know the forearms are favorites among many of you I'll try to post more forearm photos soon when I flex just the forearm. It can be quite a scary sight; in fact some people feel moved to vomit after seeing the veins when I flex the forearms really hard

I might get more contest photos up soon. I just finished working 64 hours this week to make up for only 16 hours last week due to my trip to California. So I still got my 80 hours in for 2 weeks, but it hasn't left me much time to update photos since some days were graveyard shifts, others were 12 hours, etc.

I'll try to continue to grow and continue to get shredded so I can perform well next year.

-Robert

I know the forearms are favorites among many of you I'll try to post more forearm photos soon when I flex just the forearm. It can be quite a scary sight; in fact some people feel moved to vomit after seeing the veins when I flex the forearms really hard

Like me. I just can't take the vein-y-ness!

Hey Rob, I'm a newcomer to all this so I hope you don't mind my feedback!!!!! your probably sick of hearing this but I agree with Jonathan about the mass thing but I personaly think that if you worked on getting your chest thicker then the rest of your upper body muscles would get a little thicker too! but then if you got bigger would you have to compete at a different wieght? I think you could get away with just getting your chest bigger/thicker! by the way I think your fore arms look great vains and all!

infact I need to work on mine coz my grip sucks!!!!

Thanks Kalani,

I'll add more mass to be bigger next time.

A bunch of vegan bodybuilders are going to get up on stage together next year.

Three confirmed are:

1. Daywalker

2. Topher

3. Rob

I hope to get many more and we'll see how the placings go. I think Daywalker (Alex) is the favorite at this time, but who knows, Topher is growing like a weed and has great shape! And of course I'm in the mix too and we'll have some wildcards who will be the other vegans joining us, we're just not sure exactly who yet.

I'll post more pics soon.

-Rob

That is the plan, if He and I are on the same page

The plan is to compete just before our Vegan Fitness Vacation in the summer of 2006. So this coming summer, a bunch of us will compete, other vegans from this forum will probably attend the contest (location and dates not yet decided) and then we'll all fly to the Caribbean and meet the rest of the Vegan Fitness Vacation goers and hang out for a week on the Caribbean Islands....St. Thomas, St. John, etc.

Should be an awesome time! If my movie is as successful as I hope it will be (anyone feel free to help promote it) I should be able to assist others with "some" traveling expenses

-Rob

I am also thinking about competing. Where can I see where and when competitions are held? and how much is a plane ticket from chicago to las vegas? and how much is the entry fee usualy? and how long before a competition is it nescessary to use tanning lotion? and do you have to shave all bodyhair? and is there usualy a 165 lbs division?

I am also thinking about competing. Where can I see where and when competitions are held?

Where are you located?

There are several organizations. The only international one i know of is the INBF - check out their homepage for competitions dates:

www.inbf.net

and how much is a plane ticket from chicago to las vegas?

Gotta pass on that one...

and how much is the entry fee usualy?

Can't tell you exactly. You have to be a member of the organization you want to compete in, so it's the membership fee (once per year) plus a fee for each contest.

and how long before a competition is it nescessary to use tanning lotion?

Depends on which brand you use and on how tanned you are before. Usually between two days in advance to on competition day.

and do you have to shave all bodyhair?

Yes. That's the worst part of competitions for me

and is there usualy a 165 lbs division?

... check the inbf homepage

If you need advice on diet, sodium, water depletion, carb loading, pre-contest workout - let me know!

How tall are you by the way? How heavy? How ripped? Have you photos? When do you have in mind for competing?

A pre-contest diet takes at least 6 weeks, if you're already very ripped. Better to take time - 3 months. So, up to 3 months before the competition, it's bulk, bulk, bulk

Thanks for the awnsers Daywalker. Maybe I am in the USA next year, and I am considering competing there and promoting vegan bodybuilding/fitness. But nothing is certain at this moment.

As for my weight and length. I am currently about 75 kg, and 1,8 meters. I am not verry ripped, but I can see 4 ab blocks if I contract my abs. My bodyfat percentage is around 10%.

I looked at the website, and I can enter as a light weight:) It looks like a lot of fun, but it is still a year away(so I have enough time to prepare).

www.naturalbodybuilding.com is another website to visit. I've competed with that federation multiple times. I don't think they have a 2006 contest schedule posted yet, but still a great website to check out.

We may not know for a few months where it will be held, but we'll try to pick one that fits the best for what we want to accomplish (get lots of exposure, have lots of competition with many athletes, be in a location that isn't super expensive, maybe compete in a city where we know someone from the forum so we can save money on hotels, etc.)

It would awesome to have you up on stage with us!

-Rob