this might sound like a weird question...

since i have begun working out my chest has gotten significatly bigger (which is a good thing) but my nipples and area around them don't seem tight enough. and when i wear certain shirts it appears as if i have man boobs

is there an exercise to tighten this up? my usual routine is incline bench press, decline bench press, dumbell flys, flat dumbell press, and sometimes i use the cable machine from underneath.

I would say that you should isolate your upper chest more, try incline fly's and overhead dumbell pull-overs.

incline chest is simple....just like a flat fly only on the incline bench

overhead dumbell pull-overs....grab a dumbell and a flat bench. Do not lay on the bench the length of the bench but rather place your shoulder blades across the bench(you and the bench should be making a big cross). grab the dumbell with both hands and put it directly above your head. Now allow your arms to go backwards back behind your head. (IMPORTANT: Stretch from the chest and not from the shoulder and pull from the chest and not the shoulder) When you can feel that the dumbell is level with your head, without bending your elbows too much, bring the dumbell back to the position over your face. Be careful not to drop it on your nose.....

His problem is on the lower chest so inclines wont help that area.

David, have you ever had a check up with a doctor regarding that area? Is it really flabby? If so, I think you have gynocamastia.

As for exercise, you can do lateral raises but when you come down towards the chest, tighten it on the bottom. Dont focus on the shoulder, but on the chest when contracting on the negative of the lateral raise. It will flex the bottom chest really hard.

Dips are good to target the inner part of the chest. When you do dips, angle yourself so that the legs are not exactly parallel (when you fold your knees) and to where your chest is not parallel with the pad in front. This will target your chest. If you do it straight however, it will target the triceps.

Man you are not the only one who has that kind of problem. I'm goin to have to try some of the things people suggested. I've been doing 30 mins of cardio every day as well, and trying to limit my fat/ increase protein intake. Good luck. So Kollision if the lower chest is the issue then would decline bench press be effective? I have done them for quite some time and have stopped b/c I didnt feel they were helping any.

Man you are not the only one who has that kind of problem. I'm goin to have to try some of the things people suggested. I've been doing 30 mins of cardio every day as well, and trying to limit my fat/ increase protein intake. Good luck. So Kollision if the lower chest is the issue then would decline bench press be effective? I have done them for quite some time and have stopped b/c I didnt feel they were helping any.

Decline will develop the chest yes, but wont burn the fat around it. Like I mentioned in another thread, sooner or later the muscle will mask the fat, meaning it will become big and it will be hard to tell, but the fat will still be there. The decline bench press is a bit tricky. First off. you need to do it by putting your arms a bit foward. Go down 90 degrees, then on the way up, squeeze the chest together. You should feel the bottom chest tighten. This is how you should do the decline press.

• 1 month later...