Question to the raw foodists here

Daywalker

Im thinking about cutting out cooked meals, and just eating more fruits and nuts.

my diet would be something like:

bag of bagels

lots of bananas

walnuts, almonds, soynuts, peanuts

200g hemp protein (vega)

apple

tomato

blueberries & strawberries

eventually Id like to try to go more raw. but right now, its more like "what can I eat while on the go"

Hi Topher, hey I'm no expert and I can't tell you you what to do but be mindfull nuts and bagels are just going to block you up and take a while to digest, loads of bananas are going to digest too quickly and ferment but I'm sure you know what works for you

Hi Topher, hey I'm no expert and I can't tell you you what to do but be mindfull nuts and bagels are just going to block you up and take a while to digest, loads of bananas are going to digest too quickly and ferment but I'm sure you know what works for you

yep. bagels all day long are great for me for bulking up. and bananas 30min before and after lifting give me awesome energy.

Bigbwii,

what do you think of dry food? I like it a lot, but of course it is not in a natural state anymore.

And what about grains like oat? It's a good source for carbs and protein, but I don't know if it can do harm to your body. In Germany there was a big discussion about using grains at all. Some 'gurus' said that grains are the enimy no. 1 for your body. I have read some very interesting books about this and I try to avoid bread as much as possible, but, I have to admit.. I am addicted to bread.

Today is my firts day of going 100% raw again. I have been raw some years ago for a couple of months and I felt fine. But I am so addicted to 'tasty' cooked food and I have no discipline

And by the way, what do you think of soy protein? Do you have any idea how it is been made?

Hi nobby! my thing is knowing that nothing is what it is supposed to be anymore! I really don't take any notice of what gurus say anymore! and the way I look at all this is that if the body can put up with the effects of cooked food then it can put up with anything!!! if raw is the way you want to go make sure you have no doubts about it and write down your thoughts and goals before the mind gets clogged up with cravings!!!! go for it and don't look back and if you get problems just make adjustments and keep on going!!! be mindful that nothing is clean anymore! Once you come to terms with that then you will be ok! forget about guru's because most of them are lying to you so you buy their books! just remember it's all down to your efforts!