Starting to Promote my film: Vegan Fitness Built Naturally

robert

Hello my Vegan Friends!

I'm back on a computer...over the the library.

I'm finally starting to promote my vegan film coming out in just a few weeks! I've been so busy that I've mostly been doing interviews and allowing other websites and magazines to promote the film.

I finally whipped something together really quickly to put on the main website. You can view it here:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/736

It is very rough. I don't know much about website work and I've been out of touch with my website guy for a very long time...he moved away.

So I'll be doing it mostly on my own but I'll try to clean up the main site a bit and get a bunch of new features about:

The Vegan Fitness Team

I hope to get a trailer online to view in the next couple of weeks. I do have some DVD copies of an extended trailer I'm sending out with t-shirt orders.

Anyway, please get excited about the film. It is almost here!

-Robert

Awesome Will,

Yeah, the movie is going to be totally awesome, entertaining, informative, funny, and inspiring.

I just started to promote it (I've been focusing on my contest a lot lately) and I'm open to any suggestions.

We've already done some TV shows, magazine interviews, website interviews and things like that. We also did live appearances, talks, put up posters, passed out DVD trailers, etc.

But please read the feature on the link above so you know what the film is about and feel free to give me suggestions on ways to promote the film.

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Renee,

I'll have all of those answers soon. The project is nearly a year in the making but we're finally getting toward the very end and we'll start doing more marketing and I'll have more details about some of the specific aspects of the film.

I hope to get a trailer for the film up on the website soon too. I'm typically short on money and time every week so sometimes things take me a little while, but I'm getting there

-Rob

Are you going to have any screenings? A few yeas ago they had a screening of the witness at the Hollywood theater here in Portland; I think it had been sponsored by food fight. But I could be wrong about that. I could ask them if they know how much it would cost to show it there and if they would be interested in helping to promote it. How long is it? Even if your not going to show it maybe you could put up some flyers in their store…. I think their cool about that kind of thing. If there is a way to send a flyer to me I could hang it up.

Yeah, we do plan on doing some local showings/screenings in a variety of cities. Possibly in Vancouver, B.C., Seattle, Portland, Corvallis, Eugene, and in California. Basically all along I-5 on the West Coast.

I'm open to all ideas, suggestions, etc. I'm really busy with full-time work and other side projects so I'm usually busy 60 hours a week or something like that but when I have time I'm going to spend the next couple of months using my free time to work on marketing for my movie.

Keep the ideas coming!

Robert

Cool, thanks Will.

PETA already has a copy of the trailer. The actual film should be out in a matter of weeks!!! Then I'll get a copy over to them so they can see the whole thing.

I will look into the other organizations listed.

I'm still looking for any ideas to help marketing so anyone else have any?

There are a lot of things I overlook and many things I've never thought of so I appreciate all the help.

I know a handful of you have seen the trailer. I've been sending them out t-shirt orders, and I do hope to get a mini-trailer online sometime soon.

From what I understand, the Nov/Dec issue of VegNews talks about my movie but I haven't seen the magazine yet. They are doing another feature on our movie in the Jan/Feb issue as well, from what I've been told.

Some other magazines and publications may mention it as well.

Thanks in advance for any more ideas

Cool, thanks Will.

I will look into the other organizations listed.

I'm still looking for any ideas to help marketing so anyone else have any?

Thanks in advance for any more ideas

Definitely contact PCRM.ORG (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) about both the movie and the calender. I think they would be extremely interested, seeing how they are a bunch of vegan doctors and nutritionists trying to promote the healthfulness of veganism.

As always, thanks for the suggestions Will!

I updated the feature link on the main site:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/736

It features this info in addition to some photos:

The Full-Length Film: Vegan Fitness Built Naturally featuring The Vegan Fitness Team will be available on DVD this Holiday Season.

"Vegan Fitness - Built Naturally", featuring the Vegan Fitness Team, will be released in December, 2005. Starring Robert Cheeke, Vegan Bodybuilder, Brendan Brazier, Vegan Ironman Triathlete and Tonya Kay, Vegan Professional Dancer, this feature-length film shows how vegans live, eat, train and compete. This film is ideal for anyone interested in living a healthy lifestyle - vegans, vegetarians, athletes, and anyone who is concerned about health and fitness. Viewers will gain insight into proven training methods, learn about vegan foods and see how they and the world around them can benefit from a vegan lifestyle. If you want to be inspired to be a healthier person, improve the sustainability of the planet and gain a new enthusiasm for life, then go to www.veganbodybuilding.com to order and learn more about this highly-anticipated new film.

~The Vegan Fitness Team~

The film features a week in the life of three successful vegan athletes; Natural Bodybuilder Robert Cheeke, Professional Ironman Triathlete Brendan Brazier, and Professional Dancer Tonya Kay. The movie covers all aspects of their lives including their nutrition programs (what they eat, where they shop, how they prepare meals), their training programs (how often they train, what type of exercises and different training styles they use for their very different sports), and their vegan fitness lifestyles (how they promote veganism, what a typical day is like for them, and how they became successful in their chosen sport).

The film also covers live competition, intense training, vegan potlucks and meal preparation, interviews with vegans and non-vegans, behind the scenes of contest preparation, and much more.

To learn more about the featured athletes check out these links:

www.veganbodybuilding.com - Robert CHEEKE: Vegan Bodybuilder and President of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

www.brendanbrazier.com - Brendan BRAZIER: Professional Vegan Athlete and Author of THRIVE - A Guide to Optimal Health & Performance Through Plant-Based Whole Foods

www.tonyakay.com - Tonya KAY: Professional Vegan Athlete, member of the Vegan Fitness Team

Here are links to some media coverage about the film (*note* Robert Cheeke is NOT a Professional Bodybuilder as it states, there was a communication error during the interviews)

http://www.gazettetimes.com/articles/2005/06/29/news/community/wedloc01.txt

www.holisticvancouver.com/news/article.php?story_id=156"

Vegan Fitness Built Naturally is one of the most anticipated vegan films of the year. The movie is a must-see for vegan athletes and is an inspiring film for all vegans and vegetarians. The Vegan Fitness Team (Robert Cheeke - Vegan Bodybuilder, Brendan Brazier - Ironman Triathlete, Tonya Kay - Professional Dancer) provides non-vegans with all the information and motivation they need to adopt a vegan lifestyle themselves.

When you watch the full-length film you'll instantly be inspired to become a better athlete and a healthier person and you'll learn new ways to improve the sustainability of our planet. This Holiday Season, get ready for Vegan Fitness Built Naturally, and thrive with rejuvenated enthusiasm about your vegan life!

~The Vegan Fitness Team~

The Vegan Fitness Team athletes have been featured in media all over the world. Brendan Brazier is a Best-Selling Author and touring speaker, Tonya Kay is a worldwide performer of dance and theatre, and Robert Cheeke is a regular in fitness magazines, websites, and television. Together they form a winning combination of knowledge and athleticism with professionalism and success.

Vegan Fitness Built Naturally is coming to DVD this Holiday Season.

~VFT 2005~

To learn more about the film, please check back for more articles to come.

Definitely contact PCRM.ORG (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine) about both the movie and the calender. I think they would be extremely interested, seeing how they are a bunch of vegan doctors and nutritionists trying to promote the healthfulness of veganism.

Are they all vegan?? If so, I didn't know that. You are a fountain of knowledge are you not Nat?

Are they all vegan?? If so, I didn't know that. You are a fountain of knowledge are you not Nat?

Well, they promote veganism as the best diet to prevent disease and even cure some ailments, and I know the head honcho Dr. neal barnard is vegan-- I assume that the rest of his staff is vegan too. Otherwise, wouldnt that undermine their message?