b3's beginner routine

Just started a new routine, trying to bulk up and figure out what my starting weights should be...

Dumbbell Shrugs

2x8x30

1x8x35

Bench

2x8x50

1x8x60

Chest Fly

1x8x17.5

2x8x20

Bicep Curls

1x8x22.5

2x7x22.5 *couldn't finish last rep with left arm

Dumbbell Shoulder Press

2x8x20

1x8x22.5

Two-handed Overhead Tricep Ext.

3x8x25

Hammer Curls

1x6x22.5

1x5x20

1x7x20

Side Dumbbell Raises

3x8x15

Tricep Kickbacks

3x8x15

Seated Back Row

1x8x120

2x8x140

Bent Over Dumbbell Row

1x8x25

1x8x30

1x8x35

Edited by b3studios

Dumbbell Shrugs

3x8x40

Bench

2x8x60

1x8x70

Chest Fly

1x8x20

1x8x22.5

1x8x25

Bicep Curls

2x8x22.5

1x8x25 *couldn't finish last two reps with left arm

Dumbbell Shoulder Press

2x8x22.5

1x8x25

Two-handed Overhead Tricep Ext.

1x8x25

1x8x30

1x8x35

Hammer Curls

2x8x20

1x8x22.5

Side Dumbbell Raises

3x8x15

2x8x17.5

Tricep Kickbacks

3x8x17.5

Seated Back Row

3x8x140

Bent Over Dumbbell Row

2x8x35

Edited by b3studios

Had a good upper body workout this morning.

My legs are still a little sore from Friday's lower body stuff.

I increased on almost all of my weights from last Wed, so I'm happy about that. I know that the amounts that I'm lifting aren't impressive my any means, but I think they are okay for a beginner, especially considering where my fitness level was at in Dec.

My wife commented (unsolicited) that she can tell that my arms are getting bigger and my waist is getting smaller, so that is a big ego boost i guess.

I'm still just struggling to increase my daily caloric intake though. Also, my left wrist just isn't as strong as my right and I can tell it on certain exercises.

Doing my side dumbbell raises, my muscles are doing fine, but I'm finding it hard to finish my last set because of my left wrist. Any suggestions?

Had a good upper body workout this morning.

My legs are still a little sore from Friday's lower body stuff.

I increased on almost all of my weights from last Wed, so I'm happy about that. I know that the amounts that I'm lifting aren't impressive my any means, but I think they are okay for a beginner, especially considering where my fitness level was at in Dec.

My wife commented (unsolicited) that she can tell that my arms are getting bigger and my waist is getting smaller, so that is a big ego boost i guess.

I'm still just struggling to increase my daily caloric intake though. Also, my left wrist just isn't as strong as my right and I can tell it on certain exercises.

Doing my side dumbbell raises, my muscles are doing fine, but I'm finding it hard to finish my last set because of my left wrist. Any suggestions?

Also, my left wrist just isn't as strong as my right and I can tell it on certain exercises.

Yea i have that problem also because I play so many racquet sports, my left forearm and grip strength are wayyyy stronger than my right. left forearm is actually 3/4" bigger than my right.

What I am doing to fix it. I am using the wrist ripper http://wristripper.com/how.html

it is really easy to make one actually if you don't want to spend the money, I actually made one myself.

What I do is perform a set using the ripper and right after the set I superset with forearm curls but only with my weaker forearm. I am hoping that this will even out the imbalance. My friend told me to be careful I don't build it up to be way stronger than my current strong side so I will measure both arms every 3-4 weeks or so. But honestly, I am not worried because there is such a huge difference for me.

The wrist grippers are also useful but I have yet to find one that isn't as intense as the 'captains of crush' ones but is more challenging than a conventional one. Although the metal ones usually coil back pretty good.

They also sell those ones that work on each finger at a time which I have never messed with but I would imagine may be beneficial.

Hope this helps, keep up the good work!