Eco friendly house cleaners

CrispyQ

I've finally gotten rid of all the evil cleansers in my house. I found this book about a year ago & I love it! I have made 3 or 4 of the 'recipes' in it & they work very well & don't irritate my skin or my lungs. And btw, did you know that you can use a pumice stone to remove stains on porcelain? It works wonders!

I now purchase white vinegar in gallon jugs & baking soda in 12 pound bags!

"Clean House, Clean Planet" by Karen Logan

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671535951/002-2187220-5227244?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Good post idea!

yes, I clearn with cruelty-free, environmentally friendly cleaners.

Example, for laundry I use that Citri-Suds orange laudry detergent (love the smell of it and it works pretty good). I also use some of the Frank T. Ross line of stuff. Or, just plain vinegar like you say. GOOD TIP: Throw some apple ciday vinegar into the rinse cycle of your wash. Makes clothes very soft and helps maintain colours of clothes from my experience.

When I have a full time job after I am done school, I am going to get a steam cleaner and just try to clean everything with plain steam - a good disinfectant and very environmentally friendly way of cleaning!

Some "traditional" cleaning products that make me cringe when I think about the suffering they have caused is bleach. To think that bleach has been force fed to tiny little mice - and continues to be so every time they "tweak" it, makes me .

Not to mention the damage bleach does to the environment. It is really something that should never have been allowed

Ecover has a nice "soft scrub" type cleanser that I like lots!

We have a local eco products manufacturer & I try to buy from them -- ecologically friendly AND local too!

CompassionateGirl, I'll have to try that vinegar in the rinse cycle tip. I've never heard of that before.

So I made the recipe called "Earth Scrub" & it's very nice! Much like a Soft Scrub type product.

It's a combo of baking soda, liquid soap (I used Dr. Bronner's), water & white vinegar. Mix it all up & pour into a container. I cleaned my kitchen sink & bathtub with it & it worked great! I'm really happy with it.